Topic

In the style of Miramagia - BigFarm

Some glitchen are starting to fetch up in BigFarm (bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/). It is the usual grow/sell routine but has the option of farms joining together into co-operatives and taking part in co-operative projects as well as personal missions. The UK server (United Kingdom 1) has the co-operative called Glitchy Farmers should anyone find themselves in this game. 

When you sign up for this free-to-play game it allocates your server depending on country settings. When you logout, you come back to a screen where the server can then be selected at the centre-bottom. So if you want to set up a user on a different server, select the appropriate flag and create a new character. Like Miramagia you can only access co-operatives which are on your server.

Not sure how it will pan out, but I've been able to link up with a couple of UK players which is (a bit) like old times!

Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks for the link, JarkWoman! :) I'll check it out later tonight. The cows on the main page are super cute!
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Checking it out, too!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh! Will check this out!

ETA: Malakh is now on the UK1 server and I will try to link up with the Glitchy farmers as soon as I can.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent that you have joined! I'm there too. I still play MiraMagia, a bit, but there is a huge amount of time (even whole days) when you can't do anything because your crop takes that long to grow. 

So I'm nearly only playing BigFarm now. Yesterday the option of a second farm was  added. A Gourmet one, with Restaurant. You can grow extra stuff there but also use the milk, eggs. wheat, cabbages etc from the main  farm to produce food for the restaurant.

With the co-ops you donate stuff as asked for and then do 'research' so you have, for example,  creamier milk that sells for a better price

And there are Missions, both for the co-op and as an individual. A bit like mini Glitch Feats. You have to enter, it's not that you are automatically in it. And each Mission is limited to say 10 people, but a lot will run at once, so everyone who wants to takes part, and in theory you should be up against people of a similar Level, so you all have a reasonable  chance. Then it's a race to say harvest the most wildflowers or produce the most fertilizer

Huge improvement, in my opinion, to MiraMagia.
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • MadCoffee is now in UK1 server and applied to the Glitchy Farmers
    Posted 11 years ago by Mad Coffee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is cute.

I made a coop on the US server called US Glitchen.  No offense to the UK folk :-).
    Posted 11 years ago by Moose J Finklestein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my gawd, BIGfarm, love it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rudi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the tip. i will check it out
    Posted 11 years ago by Cat A. Tonic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I started a farm and have asked support how to move my farm to the US Glitchen server :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I started one on the US server and have applied to join US Glitchen. Thanks, Moose, for starting it! I'm Frogger The Mad there too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Frogger The Mad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am loving this. :D
    Registered on the US server.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think maybe we should decide on a specific server so we can have the densest Glitchen population we can.
  • oh dear.. we're not all in the same server
    Posted 11 years ago by Mad Coffee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I decided to make another Malakh on the International Server just in case anyone wants to make a big Glitchen group.

ETA: Considering that I don't see any Glitchen co-op on the International Server I have made the Glitchen coop. I hope you guys will consider moving.
  • Mochamai has applied to join Glitchy Farmers on th UK server...
  • The UK co-op has received lots of applicants - and we can only take 2 at the moment although that will change as we do projects. So I have picked 2 people who have given their user names above. Will also keep others on file who indicated they were ex-glitchen from the application mail sent and will be in touch as we grow. Please mail the co-op creator/deputy if you didn't mention you were from Glitch in your application and I'l make sure you're added to the list for future reference.

I also like Malakh's idea of the uber-community on the International Server ... great idea and if time allows I'll certainly sign up once I've created another alt on that server. 

Long live co-operative peaceful communities!!!

Jark/JarkWoman
  • Would someone please be more specific on how you get the option to change servers? I have yet to figure out where and how to do it.
  • Once you have a Farm you cannot change server. You would have to delete the account and start a new one on the new server

If you don't already have an account then when you sign up you choose your server by clicking one of the flags. A default is chosen for you based on your computer
  • Looks interesting. I will check it out. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The option to change servers will be at the bottom of the front screen (registration/login). If you are in a country with a country-specific server (UK, US, etc.) then your default server will be your country server.

You can change countries or go international by clicking the arrow button beside the flag at the bottom. Once you have done that an arrow button will appear to the right of the server name, that is where you can choose which server to log into.
  • http://wherecanifindawoodtree.com/big-farm/
  • Is anyone having problems getting into BigFarm? I haven't been able to get online since yesterday; the lower half of the screen is blocked. There is a small window saying  'Change to new version?', but pressing this does not help.

I have reported it to the Support team on BigFarm, but no response yet...
  • I've been able to get in...maybe try rebooting?  good luck!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I made another cooperative on the UK server called Glitchen Fields, since the first one is full up -- if a few folks want to join that'd be great.  Just mention glitch when you do =)
    Posted 11 years ago by Momentary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good to see other Glitch co-operatives setting up on all the servers. So now on the UK server we have Glitchy Farmers, Glitchen Fields and Glitchen. As Momentary says, it is very useful to mention Glitch if you apply to any co-operative set up by Glitchen otherwise you are indistinguishable from many other people who will apply who want to be part of any co-operative.

There is no reason why you can't have an account on as many servers as you like - they are all independent of each other and you switch between them using the flag at the bottom of the screen of the logout window as discussed above. 
  • I have started a 2nd cooperative on the US server - Pig Nibblers. I only did this because Moose's has been full since I started playing!
  • I'm sorry, Frogger, i just went to add you and found you'd moved on.  

When I started the cooperative I didn't realize you were limited to how many people could join at once, and how hard it is to grow.

US Glitchen will have a few new openings in the next few days, for anyone still looking for a coop!
  • eh?
    Posted 11 years ago by we are durza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Estevan Meadows co-op is up and running on US1 server.
  • I'm on the US server as Katyroo - will try to find a Glitchen co-op... or y'all find me!
    Posted 11 years ago by katyroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On the Australian server as Pameow. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Pameow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mollie - I've applied to Estevan Meadows as Katyroo!
  • I've applied to Glitchen as Theremina :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • US Glitchen has room for two more!
  • Yay, I'm in US Glitchen with Moose!
  • Glitchen (village) has room for 2 more players on the international server if anyone is interested in joining.  Malakh is our village leader.  Please come join us. :-) We're moving up pretty quickly!

Theramina, is this Glitchen on the international server?  Please get in touch!
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I should have checked out this thread before I created a cooperative :P

Anyone want to join Mein Evoke?
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Tatanka Pie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • signed up as riscy in international server - any slots open with fellow Glitchen?
    Posted 11 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi! I have a coop on the US server named Groddle Meadow, if anyone still needs a cooperative. Malakh, I just created an account on the international server. If you still have a spot open, I'd like to join your coop there. :D

To those wanting different server accounts, you have to create a new account for each server. Here are the steps:

1. Log out.
    2. Click the Reconnect button (do not refresh as it will log you back in your original server)
    3. At the bottom you will find the option to change the server to US1 or International1, choose your server.
    4. Register.
    5. Uncheck the save info before logging in.
    6. And you are done!

You can switch playing using two tabs at once. :D

See you there, mates!

HY

P.S.
    To those wanting to try goodgame studios games, you can do so in absolutelypreposterous.com 
    Posted 11 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're hoping to expand Estevan Meadows Co-op on US1 soon. Thanks for your patience!
  • US Glitchen is still looking for one more player!
  • Has anyone started the 2nd farm yet?
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Tatanka Pie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I have a 2nd farm.  Mostly just a garden, but making stuff from cherries is lucrative.

And they just announced a third one will be available.
  • In the second farm, the  Gourmet Farm, I have 2 gardens and an almond orchard, a bakery and dairy. The restaurant comes with it automatically. It needs much more capital to get going. Each garden takes more than one plot and 15 workers at level 1 for instance. If I were starting the Gourmet Farm again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't start the bakery or dairy until I had 3 gardens and then the almond orchard. I don't have goats yet and will get another garden before I add them. 

I'm looking forward to the third farm with the flowers and perfumery too.

The icon for the fourth is a saw, tree plantations and saw mill or furniture making perhaps?
  • Thank you IrenicRhonda, I just started the Gourmet Farm yesterday and will take your expansion advice. ^_^
    Posted 11 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good advice, IrenicRhonda. I was wondering whether to get the second farm. Think I'll wait!
  • Checking it out on international. Wishing you were all on the same server as each other so the choice of server were easier!
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i've applied to be in estevan meadows - i'm snowpuff here and there
    Posted 11 years ago by Snowpuff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • US Glitchen is accepting applications again.  We only have a couple of slots. 
  • moose j finklestein - i just sent over an application!
    Posted 11 years ago by Snowpuff Subscriber! | Permalink