Topic

Staff Topic

Problems loading game

Problem fixed, but please read this post!

-----

What happened? Incorrect DNS was promoted, causing everyone trying to connect to our game servers failed. We fixed that, but you may have old DNS information cached either in your computer, or on the network. Sometimes proxies or local routers cache DNS and aren't updated from trying to flush cache on your local system.

*******If rebooting your computer or normal cache clearing doesn't work, try restarting any network equipment you have. There is a chance you may just need to wait it out until your local DNS catches up. We are very sorry about this!*******

-----
Over an hour later, we think players should all have the updated DNS. If you still have problems with DNS, please open a help ticket. We're going to close this topic so unrelated issues are not posted to it.

-----

Hey all! Some of you may have problems loading the game. Don't feel alone!

We are working on it right now!

Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • OK. 

I have tried... 

Rebooting my PC. 
    Rebooting my router and modem. 
    Rebooting my PC again after that. 

I'm going to try rebooting everything one more time before I get crazy. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Try logging out of your account and then back in again? idk, worked for a couple of us.
    Posted 12 years ago by Diana Banana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WHEW!!
    I had to reboot my computer 2 different times before it finally let me in...so maybe if the first reboot doesn't do it for you...try it again lol
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't log in!
    But everything else works.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If this is a DNS change propagation issue, it's entirely possible that it is cached in a DNS server somewhere between your router and Tiny Speck's primary name server.  If that is the case, then either you have to wait for that DNS server to time out on its cached value, or you have to change your local settings to use a different DNS server.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zombie Elf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [This post has been deleted]
    Posted 12 years ago by Pavida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shut down computer completely, back in game!
    Posted 12 years ago by Naiad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If any of have hit the point of rebooting, and still not getting in, you can try changing your DNS servers.  Google's DNS servers don't seem to work, but I just changed to OpenDNS' servers (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) and it works for me now.  I'm not going to describe how to change your DNS servers here, and take no responsibility for anything you do with this information, but thought someone might find it useful.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zombie Elf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is totally like what it would have been like if they passed SOPA, you guys...
    Posted 12 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just clearing cache, restarting computer as well as modem and router didn't fix the problem for me..BUT..I then flushed DNS as per steps in an earlier post fixed the problem. 

www.tech-faq.com/how-to-flu...

Good luck to all those still trying to resolve the issue :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Breezy Meadow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Finally got in after the second reboot of everything. Phew! 

Thanks for all your hard work guys! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next