Topic

[known issue] SDB Ghost images no longer appearing

Apologies if this is a known thing (I searched but could very well have missed it) but I am no longer getting the ghosted image on my SDBs if I remove the last item from the box. Is this expected behavior or a bug or some sort? I miss this quite a bit in my potion parlor as I have a SDB for each seed/herb/essence. Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I didn't realize this function was active yet, in that case, I'd like to add my SDBs have never shown the ghost figure.
    Posted 12 years ago by Daphnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also noticed last night that my images were not there. I wasn't bothered though as I think NO images is a much cleaner look.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If YOU remove the last item, you won't get the ghosted image. If you SELL the last item, you WILL get the ghosted image, which will stay until you collect the currents from the box, and then it will be gone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting, Zany. If so, I wonder if that itself is a bug as I for one would prefer the ghost image to stay in either case (since it doesn't prevent you from using that SDB for another item type if you want).
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zany-I have not had that experience. I have never sold any of my objects from SDB's yet up until last night I was getting the ghost image. I have not been in game yet today to check what it's doing currently.
  • A staff member told me that what I described is the intended behavior. When they first started having ghost images, it was any time the last item was removed from the box, but it was changed. Holly, I don't know for sure how you've been seeing ghosts otherwise.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They changed the functionality of the ghost images shortly after they added it.  I think it may have been because a lot of people were having trouble getting rid of the ghost images afterwards.  Even now, after they changed how the ghost images work, SDBs that were emptied between when the feature was added and then changed are stuck there (unless there's a fix that I don't know about).  I have several SDBs that no matter what I put in them, the original ghost image stays underneath it all.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaelyn Renai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's probably why Kaelyn, thanks for the explanation. I bet the ones that do have ghost images are older SDB's and the ones w/o are newer ones.
  • Kaelyn's right -- this is a current known issue with SDBs. Sorry about that!
    Posted 12 years ago by Clary Sage Subscriber! | Permalink