Topic

Butler message about "Upgrade Picker" [FIXED]

Butler (Mozai)  I can't help but notice you haven't purchased any upgrades or shuffled cards today, ma'amsir. Might you check the Upgrade Picker? There may be some good stuff in there?

The highlighted text is a clickable hotspot, and the cursor changes as for other clickable text, but clicking on "Upgrade Picker" does not seem to have any effect. Furthermore, I don't see mention of an "Upgrade Picker" tool in the Encyclopedia nor the Forums. Perhaps this message was for a feature that was removed from Glitch, but this butler message was not?

Posted 11 years ago by Mozai Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The upgrade picker is the hand that deals out the cards. I got that message for the first time last night and it surprized me. But I had not cheked my available upgrades yet on that game day.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The "Upgrades" interface (summoned by pressing 'U' in the game screen) is titled 'Upgrades', and it is called "Upgrades" in both the Imagination window, and in the hotkeys display (pressing '?' in the game window).  It is never called the "Upgrade Picker," which made me wonder if there is something else to do with Upgrades that I haven't seen yet.

Also, I'll repeat that the clickable text in the butler message doesn't do anything when clicked upon.
  • I haven't been able to reproduce this bug -- clicking the text brings up the standard upgrade picker for me. Is this a problem every time you get this hint from the butler?
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just got the message again... and the highlighted text is clickable now; brings up the Upgrades interface (same as pressing 'u' in the game).