Topic

Needs more reasons to play

pretty self explanatory.

Posted 12 years ago by Djoe6897 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • :: hands you donuts :: I have all kinds!  Jelly donuts.. cookie donuts.. fruit loopy donuts.. rice crispy treat donuts.. and traditional ol fashioned and maple syrup coated donuts!  Help yaself! ^_^
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chill for a little bit, like I have, and play a little wee bit here and there. That's what I have been doing while I have been waiting for the big update.
    Posted 12 years ago by Serra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Donits!

Here's the wonderful and trying thing about Glitch: as a truly social game, it is really all about the people and I would say probably moreso than we've experienced in other MuMORPGers. This is wonderful because it is what a social game should be like: without the social aspect of it there is not much game at all, at least not enough to sustain a solitary player for very long. Why play an online game if you're not interested in spending time with other players?

On the other hand, it makes for a far less "convenient" game. With other games, even other online games, if I just have a few minutes to play, or if I just want to play solo, there are many, many things I can do and enjoy in a short play session without the need for other people. With Glitch I find that this is somewhat true; I can pop in and empty my harvesters, refill the feeder, scoop up some herbs, whatever. But that isn't very fun and is tantamount to a dull grind after just a while. Compare that to popping in to, say, LotRO (my other favorite game) where I can jump in, kill a bunch of orcs, maybe gain a level and a new skill if I time it right, and see a tangible advance to my character. That's a bit more exciting (and arguably a different kind of grind, but that is for another post)!

However, when I spend a nice long play session in Glitch, crack wise with the knuckleheads in General chat, get a group together to finish a quest or race or have a party, it is a great gaming experience! Glitch players are grand, when they're not witching about the long wait for "relaunch" and new features, and a lot of fun to play with.

So what do you do in Glitch? Whatever you want! The hard part is that without other people "whatever you want" gets old real quick.

Whatever. I'm going to go go nuts for donuts.
    Posted 12 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "May I have a donut too" ? :-/

Wont be long till the change guys..hang in there..  :) x
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can completely relate to rorschach. I love MMORPGs, especially the more social ones. But sometimes I really want to just play by myself. I've always thought that it was weird, especially when you are logging in to play a MMO. 

The only bad thing I can say about this game is that its ridiculously sugary. I love the fact that it's non-violent, colorful and crazy. But...actually I have nothing else. That's about it.
    Posted 12 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Ridiculously sugary" omg.. that's what I love about it...
    When I showed it to a good friend of mine he just started laughing his head off... he was like.. this game is SO you.. this is SO a game YOU would play.. because I'm like this in real life lol.. sugary.. non-violent.. colourful.. always looking on the bright side.. :>

I think there's a really wonderful appeal to a cooperative game that stresses community rather than pvp.  I can't stand pvp.  I suck at it.  I'm always like.. oh you go ahead.. take my things.. you obviously need them more than me, if you're stealing them.. >_> lol
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't care for PVP. Actually, I'm too lazy for PVP, as I really don't know or care to learn how to skill up, gear out or whatever else. I like co-op games. I guess I also like specializing and selling my wares, etc. 

I'm the nicest person my friends know and I like being nice to people. But then again, my friends are not-so-nice (and my husband, especially is a meanie and he tells he's friends that he's married to a cartoon character!). So, I guess its relative. 
    Posted 12 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I understand that and agree, Auren -- but everyone wants more ability to shape the world, including Stoot, and that's what they are bringing us.  Stoot didn't shoot you down, just pointed out that players' abilities to shape the world will always, no matter how much freedom we are given, shape the world within the rules and structures they have given us.  He was specifically shooting down the idea that there cannot be zones such as the Ancestral Lands with different rules or with less freedom to shape for players.   

Going from "no animals in the Ancestral Lands" to "they hate my freedom" was a bit of a stretch in the first place, extending from "there is no such thing as complete and total freedom in a video game" to "Stoot doesn't think we should be able to change the world much" is perhaps even a bigger stretch.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next