Topic

₡ 1,000,000 Currants for Every Hidden Achievement Discovered (with upload time no later than December 31 2011)

It has come to light that hidden achievements previously unheard of lurk within the realm of Ur. Some of these achievements have remained undiscovered for many months, even dating back to Beta days. One such case surfaced this morning in the form of Holy Zamboni. This achievement had not been stumbled upon even accidentally by anyone at any time in the past 5 months, and is also not listed in the Encyclopedia. 

There is a 99.9999999% chance*** other such secret achievements exist. Other than the fact that secret achievements are no longer really secret once discovered, they were still at one point a mystery, much like the Holy Zamboni having gone under the radar for many Glitchian years...

I am offering a 1 million currants bounty to the verified original discoverer of each hidden achievement that has been undiscovered as of February 24 2012. The hidden achievement must also have an upload date no later than December 31 2011 (so "old" hidden achievements that no one has stumbled upon yet). This offer stands for each newly discovered hidden achievement fitting the aforementioned criteria; thus if you discover 3, then your prize is 3 million. Hidden achievements are qualified by their lack of entry in the official Encyclopedia page. Hidden achievements also do not have a URL linked to the achievement name when viewing on profile feeds and your achievements page. They also do not appear in the API.

No Longer a Hidden Achievement
Cubimal Wrangler | Have held at least 1 of each of the 23 Cubimals in your inventory at some point

Existing Hidden Achievements
========================================

• Ascended | Level 1+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Cherub | Level 11+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Seraph | Level 23+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Ophan | Level 31+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Shiny Happy Beta Angel | Level 41+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archangel of Beta | Level 61+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archistratege of Beta | Level 83+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Hypersupermagic Clareangel | Level 101+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Secrets of the Jethimadh Tower Base | Went to all 11 secret locations in the Jethimadh Tower: Base hub

• Holy Zamboni | Crunched 1009+ Ice

• Super Awesome Intern | A super-special, ultra-unique, "thank you for being a snowflake" award for your outstanding contribution to Glitchology. [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Clusters of DNAja vu | Found all 11 DNA's

• Hairball Gonzales | Covered an arbitrary amount of distance (i.e. as far as possible) when using Essence of Hairball

• Rook Ranger | Used Essence of Rookswort during a real Rook Attack (not dice-rolled)

• Elementary Penguin | Used 3+ Essences of Purple

• Confounder of Logic | Unlearned Unlearning I (1) [No longer obtainable]

• Pop Idol | Pulled open 13+ Glitchmas Crackers

• Licensed To Brush Foxes | Talk to the Fox Ranger at any Habitat, Park, or Reserve

• Barman of Death | Ended the useful life of 3 cultivated items using Wine of the Dead

• Noise-Bringer | Made metal music for sloths

• The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status (Place 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th in a Feat)

• The Walking Frozed | Froze your brain 11 times

• ***31.4159% chance all statistics are made up

Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5
  • TomC - I love your insatiable quest to know!  You're a rock star!
    Posted 12 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So who is going to test to see if there is a badge for tasting 1009 piggy plops?  Seems like for that one, we should throw the person a party in addition to the $1 million.
    Posted 12 years ago by Leites Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope someone else is busy working on the hidden Truly Tasteless achievement for tasting an unspecified number of Piggy Plops....
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oops - what Leites said - great minds......
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Impossible Acheivement does not count, right?
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can confirm that drinking 1009 cups of coffee merely keeps you awake... no badge. Ah well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Puzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hairball gonzolas is a specified amount, about 15 planks worth, just letting you know
    Posted 12 years ago by wuilyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried eating 1009 snow cones, but I didn't get anything. Maybe you have to get xp for it? Next Zilloween I'm trying to buy up lots of pumpkin seeds so I can try lamenting 1009 of them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Scarf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my...
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Smiled at a chick 1,009+ times, no badges, just sadness.
    Posted 12 years ago by sissyO Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this! is! so! exciting!
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Working on Mabbish Coffees - tho it may take awhile lol
    Posted 12 years ago by JoJoJoey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SO EXCITING :) Anthropomorphism of the bear a bunch of times has also been put forward xD I still want to lick an apple 1009 times to check xP
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Give Smitdogg a million currants badge is pretty sweet I hear,  never got it personally
    Posted 12 years ago by TheBoyWhoCriedRook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sniffing butterfly milk might also be good to try!
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ice cruncher was added on September 24 ( http://c2.glitch.bz/achievements/2011-09-24/ice_cruncher_1316906561_180.png)

The badge image files are sorted on glitch.bz by when they were added, like Pop Idol (http://c2.glitch.bz/achievements/2011-12-20/pop_star_1324407015_180.png)

I can't access the indexes though.  Anyone better at accessing this stuff?
    Posted 12 years ago by Battersea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Doublepost
    Posted 12 years ago by Battersea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've ate 5,500+ garlic, 'Push'ed krazy salt a couple hundred times, licked cheese a couple hundred times, etc. No luck with anything yet.
    Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kronos Rats, the Impossible Achievement is merely a text display. The actual requirement is just "null" listed in the display for skill requirements.

wuilyl, yes the description says 15 planks, but "planks" is a pretty arbitrary number, so for practical purposes, just run as far as you can :p

Great ideas everyone has proposed so far! Best of luck and thanks for all the effort!
  • Battersea, there is no way to access the index, otherwise it would be too easy and we'd know everything haha.

I have gathered a list here:  glitchium.com/achievements/id/
  • My glitch just licked an apple 1,009 times. Totally awesome, but no badge.
    Posted 12 years ago by sissyO Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was a thread a while ago that said someone got a badge for giving away onions. But someone couldn't find the badge on the person's account and said that there was no badge for giving away onions.
    www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    Posted 12 years ago by Tiarra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just tried- no luck :(
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is no achievement for getting max energy from mediation in one day though you get the Zen buff (debuff?), 'You cannot gain energy from mediation anymore today.'
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder if anyone has gotten the max energy for multiple days, perhaps a couple hundred, or maybe consecutive days of Zen.
  • I ate 1009 mushrooms........nothing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What? Consecutive days of the Zen buff? Like the Numismatizer badges? That's... darned difficult!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear lord, that would be boring. It took me an hour and a half to get max energy. Just standing there meditating.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • At level 60 I'm not even sure it's POSSIBLE xD We need 4290 energy per game day to max out I think xP
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If no one else does it before I finish drinking all of these Mabbish coffees, l'll try the broccoli next (the xp part of it, not eating them) lol
  • Thanks for posting that Tiarra, I remembered that thread and it had been killing me trying to remember which food item that it was, not to mention that I couldn't locate the original thread.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mithax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Made and drank over 1009 Mabbish coffees and nothing but the caffeine buzz lol 

The broccoli's will take awhile to do coz there's an xp cap on it but I've got that test started
  • Do the Ormonos Completist and Lida Completist badges count? They showed up recently on the Glitchium achievement rarity list.

Though it's not like anyone can actually get them...
    Posted 12 years ago by Espresso Chai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah those don't count; when they are released they would appear in the Encyclopedia thus not quite the "Hidden" type. They were created around the same time as Callopee and Aranna Completists.
  • Oooh new regions! Nice find, Espresso!
    I'll try for those ice cruncher badges. *moans about cold teeth*
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've tried so hard to get Hairball Gonzalez so many times and still fail. Done it on normal streets and also AL. Any tips?
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bex, maybe try it together with spinach? And maybe try it in Groddle Forest Junction; when you switch streets, just press Enter on whatever street it highlights and keep running. It may be a lag issue if your buff is running out too quickly.
  • What about 1009 garlic kisses? *ugh*
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You mean spinach AND the essence? Hmm I could try that for sure whenever I emerge from my mining grind. Will let you know!
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, it might not be a huge difference, but perhaps it'll give you just the extra milliseconds edge with combined spinach and essence.
  • I'll save someone else the time of smiling at the same chick >600 times- even when you bottom out your mood you can still smile at the chick, but you ain't gettin' a badge.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if no one is trying it, ill try to poison 1009 trees (specific trees maybe if it doesn't work) and/or antidote 1009 as well... Or make 1009 things with a tinker-tool... well see
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is already an achievement for chopping 1009 dead trees so many people have already poisoned plenty of trees. I highly doubt there is one for antidoting 1009 because the sequence currently stops at 251. And probably no hidden achievement for making 1009 tinker tool items either. All of the hidden achievements so far have not required any of the Skills other than Confounder of Logic, but that is clearly a special case.
  • silly question - but what is the fascination that the devs have with the "1009 " number?
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 99% of the achievements have prime number requirements so 1009 is just a prime number close to 1000.
  • 99.9 repeating = 100
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just, odd note. Its 2012. >.> Or is that kind of the point?
    Posted 12 years ago by Wyrd One Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wyrd, I'm not sure what you are referring to sorry. Unless you mean the cut off date is 12/31/2011 for any achievements uploaded earlier than that.
  • I think I've BURP proved that there BUURRRPPP isn't a badge for BURPPPPPP drinking 1009 cups of water from BBBBBBUUUUUURRPPP the water coolers ......
    excuse me :)
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • do you have to taste 1009 DIFFERENT piggy plops?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hell's Bartender Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5