Topic

₡ 1,000,000 Currants for Every Hidden Achievement Discovered (with upload time no later than December 31 2011)

It has come to light that hidden achievements previously unheard of lurk within the realm of Ur. Some of these achievements have remained undiscovered for many months, even dating back to Beta days. One such case surfaced this morning in the form of Holy Zamboni. This achievement had not been stumbled upon even accidentally by anyone at any time in the past 5 months, and is also not listed in the Encyclopedia. 

There is a 99.9999999% chance*** other such secret achievements exist. Other than the fact that secret achievements are no longer really secret once discovered, they were still at one point a mystery, much like the Holy Zamboni having gone under the radar for many Glitchian years...

I am offering a 1 million currants bounty to the verified original discoverer of each hidden achievement that has been undiscovered as of February 24 2012. The hidden achievement must also have an upload date no later than December 31 2011 (so "old" hidden achievements that no one has stumbled upon yet). This offer stands for each newly discovered hidden achievement fitting the aforementioned criteria; thus if you discover 3, then your prize is 3 million. Hidden achievements are qualified by their lack of entry in the official Encyclopedia page. Hidden achievements also do not have a URL linked to the achievement name when viewing on profile feeds and your achievements page. They also do not appear in the API.

No Longer a Hidden Achievement
Cubimal Wrangler | Have held at least 1 of each of the 23 Cubimals in your inventory at some point

Existing Hidden Achievements
========================================

• Ascended | Level 1+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Cherub | Level 11+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Seraph | Level 23+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Ophan | Level 31+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Shiny Happy Beta Angel | Level 41+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archangel of Beta | Level 61+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archistratege of Beta | Level 83+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Hypersupermagic Clareangel | Level 101+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Secrets of the Jethimadh Tower Base | Went to all 11 secret locations in the Jethimadh Tower: Base hub

• Holy Zamboni | Crunched 1009+ Ice

• Super Awesome Intern | A super-special, ultra-unique, "thank you for being a snowflake" award for your outstanding contribution to Glitchology. [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Clusters of DNAja vu | Found all 11 DNA's

• Hairball Gonzales | Covered an arbitrary amount of distance (i.e. as far as possible) when using Essence of Hairball

• Rook Ranger | Used Essence of Rookswort during a real Rook Attack (not dice-rolled)

• Elementary Penguin | Used 3+ Essences of Purple

• Confounder of Logic | Unlearned Unlearning I (1) [No longer obtainable]

• Pop Idol | Pulled open 13+ Glitchmas Crackers

• Licensed To Brush Foxes | Talk to the Fox Ranger at any Habitat, Park, or Reserve

• Barman of Death | Ended the useful life of 3 cultivated items using Wine of the Dead

• Noise-Bringer | Made metal music for sloths

• The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status (Place 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th in a Feat)

• The Walking Frozed | Froze your brain 11 times

• ***31.4159% chance all statistics are made up

Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• if you dont need any skills then ill try chatting with 1009 people lets see what happens with that...
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, I understand now. Since there is still a potential slew of hidden achievements that have been uploaded up until the new year, and we haven't found them yet. So, the 1 million bounty is only available for achievements that came before 2012, not new ones that are added in 2012. I thought you meant that the bounty cut off (could only claim the prize) was 12/31/2011. For which, it had already passed, and therefore no one could have claimed the bounty.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wyrd One Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahh Wyrd, I see what you mean! Yes there are many achievements added in 2011 that haven't been found yet. There could be some new ones related to the new housing but they would most likely have been added more recently and may be very easy to discover when the time comes, thus not quite worthy of a million compared to some of these longer buried achievements.
  • Hey TomC!

I guess none of the ones from the previous thread count then =).

Hey, in glitchium.com/achievements/id/ where do the ID numbers come from? Are you generating those values?

Also, I just saw your achievement rarity list (I didn't realize I was duplicating some of your work on my achievements tool). I assume this means you've looked through all those pages for hidden achievements and there's no new ones?
    Posted 12 years ago by SequelGuy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha yeah ones already found don't count. The ID #'s come from the pre-processed URLs in the Activity Feed. Unfortunately those URLs are processed server side into the encyclopedia type names which then lose the ID's so no way to visit pages based on ID's to see which achievement it is. Oh and you aren't duplicating anything! You started it first anyhow, and each page serves a different kind of metric.
  • Rook Ranger works. I have the badge
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bet you anything one of them is raising 1009 chickens.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • idk if this is hidden or not but for chatting with 83 people u get a badge look at my badges for the name
  • No CDOG, they have been around since Alpha :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks like it's a no for any hidden badge with activating broccoli - went thru over 1009 of them and no badge.
    Posted 12 years ago by JoJoJoey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nobodys Confirmed that there is no badge for the Piggy Plop, i guess ill do it...
  • instead of doing piggy plop i did repairing and got 2505 or something like that and got...

Chief of Tinkering Operations

is that hidden or not idk if it is
  • not hidden.

I have popped 1009 bubbles and hummed to a piglet 1009 times. nothing
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, there is no hidden badge for racing a Dustbunny Cubimal 1,009 times, but it really pissed the people in Cebarkul off! I had to go home to finish it. LOL!
    Posted 12 years ago by gracerigney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CDOG, if you look at your achievements, the ones that have a clickable link to the encyclopedia are not hidden.  Hidden achievements have a badge image, but the text is black and not clickable.  
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • O ok thanks!
  • What about completely breaking tools that have durability? Many times or one of each?

Has anyone been able to break their smelter? I'm getting a remainder error, so I can't drive it to 0. Gets to like 2 which isn't enough to do anything with.
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm that's an intriguing point about the Smelter; I've never realized I hadn't broken the smelter despite having the usage bar... The Cauldron and Tincturing Kit can be broken, but I've never broken the Transmogrification tools (Spice, Bubble, Gas, Fruit) or the Bean / Egg Seasoners.
  • I've broken my Smelter. You have to stop repairing it early in order to line up the durability with the usage rate.

I've never broken the Seasoners or the Transmogrifiers - and I've got all the badges that go with them.

Something I haven't done, a la certain collection badges, is hold every broken tool at once. I also don't know if I've broken both types of all the tools that come in two types (Hoe, Scraper, Watering Can, Pick, what am I missing?)
    Posted 12 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah thanks for the Smelter insight, Stuv!

The Grinder also comes in two types.
  • drinking 1009 coffees do not seem to give a badge either :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Wyrd One Subscriber! | Permalink
  • as of now im trying to play 1 noteblock 1009 times
    Posted 12 years ago by cam cam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are we sure Rook Ranger is from using Essence of Rookswort?  I tried that one or two times and failed, then tried Rook Balm and got the achievement.  So either there's some delay in getting the badge, or some trick to it, or it's Rook Balm, not the Essence.  It was a while ago, but I was pretty sure at the time that the Rook Balm did the trick.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zauberberg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Try Dust sticking 1009 times (you may get a badge but make sure it was realeased before dec.)
  • Interesting Zauberberg, I got it with Essence of Rookswort but it may have changed?
  • I got it with essence in the last couple of days.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not that it qualifies, but are there any badges for making (or eating, or evaluating) Pi's?
    Posted 12 years ago by Rayana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rayana, so far it doesn't look like anyone got badges involving Pi's. Someone has made well over 227 and 314 Pi's now.
  • Rook Ranger is awarded when for "Fending off the Rook with the aid of a tincture." Rook Balm is a potion, and I got the badge before I had even held Rook Balm. It's definitely the Essence. But that's so weird there was such a delay! I wonder if you have to imbibe it within a certain time frame with the attack?
    Posted 12 years ago by Csophae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder about inspecting gravestones?
    Posted 12 years ago by forcep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [redacted]
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • forcep, interesting idea! Though gravestones are much more difficult to come by now, would have been easier before!
  • I unlearned Unlearning I, but didn't get an achievement. EDIT: Logged in, now I have it under my "recent achievements" although it was not announced in-game.
    Posted 12 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Klikini, you will get the award screen the next time you enter the world.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've inspected every gravestone I've ever encountered since the game launched, in hope of getting some kind of "morbid curiosity" badge--must be hundreds and hundreds of stones by now, given that they used to stick around--but no banana. The only reward has been seeing gems like "Here Lies Live Your Dreams" and, at the base of a tree, "Here Lies Squirrel Boy".
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha, I was pretty much going to say exactly what you did VS!
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, I just got a glitch fun fact from a glitchmas cracker... it mentioned the tradition of soaking people on the "sprinkling" holiday. I wonder if there is a seasonal sprinkling holiday for sprinkling?
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone tried pressing Square on a Pi 1,009 Times?
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anybody unlearned all the skills?!
    Posted 12 years ago by forcep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well apparently I achieved the Seam Streets Completist Badge!  You know, for visiting every place in Seam Streets!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sweetie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • forcep: yes learned them all, unlearned them all, learned 1, unlearned 1, learned them all again. Don't ask......
    Posted 12 years ago by Tricky Woo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sweetie: directions please to Seam Streets!
    Posted 12 years ago by Gordon Lughsen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i swear i've visited all the seam streets but I MUST be missing a few...
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is no badge for visiting all the seam streets.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There isn't any seam streets completist badge, only regions completists. Sweetie I checked your profile and badges and you don't have a seam street completist badge. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read 1009 Notes.

I earned a visit to the optometrist, but otherwise no achievement.

Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went further than Fyordor and pushed Krazy Salts 1009 times, but alas, no achievement. And my fingers hurt.
    Posted 12 years ago by Csophae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone ever hummed at 1009 piglets?
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @LokiPDX and @Stuv

I have a set of all [now 26] broken tools, but there seems not to be any achievement for it
     alchemical tongs
     awesome pot
     blender
     cauldron [I missed this one at first]
     cocktail shaker
     crystalmalizing chamber
     famous pugilist grill
     fancy pick
     frying pan
     grand ol' grinder
     grinder
     hatchet
     high-class hoe
     hoe
     irrigator 9000
     knife & board
     pick
     quill
     saucepan
     scraper
     shovel
     smelter
     super scraper
     tincturing kit
     tinkertool
     watering can

There is some archival data of broken Spice Mills, but it doesn't seem breakable now.
    Is there any other breakable item I have overlooked?  Let me know.
    Posted 12 years ago by mr granberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ Just off the top of my head, Cauldron.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lx’s Ghost Subscriber! | Permalink