Topic

₡ 1,000,000 Currants for Every Hidden Achievement Discovered (with upload time no later than December 31 2011)

It has come to light that hidden achievements previously unheard of lurk within the realm of Ur. Some of these achievements have remained undiscovered for many months, even dating back to Beta days. One such case surfaced this morning in the form of Holy Zamboni. This achievement had not been stumbled upon even accidentally by anyone at any time in the past 5 months, and is also not listed in the Encyclopedia. 

There is a 99.9999999% chance*** other such secret achievements exist. Other than the fact that secret achievements are no longer really secret once discovered, they were still at one point a mystery, much like the Holy Zamboni having gone under the radar for many Glitchian years...

I am offering a 1 million currants bounty to the verified original discoverer of each hidden achievement that has been undiscovered as of February 24 2012. The hidden achievement must also have an upload date no later than December 31 2011 (so "old" hidden achievements that no one has stumbled upon yet). This offer stands for each newly discovered hidden achievement fitting the aforementioned criteria; thus if you discover 3, then your prize is 3 million. Hidden achievements are qualified by their lack of entry in the official Encyclopedia page. Hidden achievements also do not have a URL linked to the achievement name when viewing on profile feeds and your achievements page. They also do not appear in the API.

No Longer a Hidden Achievement
Cubimal Wrangler | Have held at least 1 of each of the 23 Cubimals in your inventory at some point

Existing Hidden Achievements
========================================

• Ascended | Level 1+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Cherub | Level 11+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Seraph | Level 23+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Ophan | Level 31+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Shiny Happy Beta Angel | Level 41+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archangel of Beta | Level 61+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archistratege of Beta | Level 83+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Hypersupermagic Clareangel | Level 101+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Secrets of the Jethimadh Tower Base | Went to all 11 secret locations in the Jethimadh Tower: Base hub

• Holy Zamboni | Crunched 1009+ Ice

• Super Awesome Intern | A super-special, ultra-unique, "thank you for being a snowflake" award for your outstanding contribution to Glitchology. [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Clusters of DNAja vu | Found all 11 DNA's

• Hairball Gonzales | Covered an arbitrary amount of distance (i.e. as far as possible) when using Essence of Hairball

• Rook Ranger | Used Essence of Rookswort during a real Rook Attack (not dice-rolled)

• Elementary Penguin | Used 3+ Essences of Purple

• Confounder of Logic | Unlearned Unlearning I (1) [No longer obtainable]

• Pop Idol | Pulled open 13+ Glitchmas Crackers

• Licensed To Brush Foxes | Talk to the Fox Ranger at any Habitat, Park, or Reserve

• Barman of Death | Ended the useful life of 3 cultivated items using Wine of the Dead

• Noise-Bringer | Made metal music for sloths

• The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status (Place 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th in a Feat)

• The Walking Frozed | Froze your brain 11 times

• ***31.4159% chance all statistics are made up

Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• What about eating planks?
    Posted 12 years ago by Abbey Rhode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lx, when you break a cauldron. let me know ( or beaker, testube, etc)
    Posted 12 years ago by mr granberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ SequelGuy those numbers are unix epoch dates. Their only significance is potentially either the time they were imbued or the time they were first recorded by achievement.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kerlick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Abbey Rhode, Jesus Christ (by which I mean the Glitch named "Jesus Christ") had a policy for a while of eating only planks and nothing else.  For all I know he may still do it.  You should ask him.

I really really want there to be an achievement for fueling public machines / planting public crops / filling other people's feeders and stills.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mr Granberry, I assure you that, as a Libatious Borage holder, Lx has definitely broken a cauldron. At least five times. They have 200 units of wear, you know :) 

They're not like beakers or test-tubes which are unbreakable.
    Posted 12 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I will take your word for it, and eventually break my cauldron
    [ETA]
    OMG, No sooner spoken ... then it broke after 2 more potions, now to go add it to my collection ...

holding 26 broken tools, no achievement
  • Have you repaired all the tools from broken to 100% fixed?
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • that was not the theory
    "What about completely breaking tools that have durability? ... one of each?"
    "Something I haven't done, a la certain collection badges, is hold every broken tool at once"
    this is what I was testing.

and I wanted to make sure I had ALL of them before repairing, though I have repaired some in the past, and I do have a working set as well.

(is the camera breakable?)
  • I suspect it is a dead end, but it was the best idea I'd had so far...
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I should just change my name to "Oops, dammit."
    Posted 12 years ago by Agoraphobe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What I meant to say is: 
    I don't think the camera is breakable, but you can find out by using it a few times and then taking it to a vendor and going through the motions of selling it. If it has a durability meter, you'll be able to tell because the price you'll get will be wonky (rather than the usual percentage).
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe there's an achievement for a certain amount of successful smuggles? I've only successfully finished three. Did anyone finish a whole bunch of them?
    Posted 12 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone tried soaking dozens/hundreds/thousands of Glitchen with the watering can?  I always forget that's an option since it doesn't turn up in the pop-up list and you have to select the watering can specifically.  I don't even know what it really does, I assume it's like splanking?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Codex, good theory, I've only finished 1 though; the quest seems too rare for anyone to have had completed 100+ times but maybe eventually we'll find out.

Pale Queen, yeah it's sort of like splanking except there's no animation or sound.
  • I have also completed at least 3 smuggling operations.  It would have been nearly twice as many but I always get distracted - "Oooo!  A Jellisac!"  I have noticed that the Smuggler appears in the same Locations almost every time I am there and the smuggling route seems to be the same for each location. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will make it my life mission to smuggle now.
  • An achievement for mourning perhaps..?
  • If there is one, it might not qualify for the million currants award since the release/upload date for this achievement would fall in 2012, but nonetheless would be nice if there were more achievements!

cam cam attempted the Glitch cinnamon challenge by eating 1009 cinnamon, but unfortunately no achievement for that.
  • i actually forgot about the award :) I just want more achievements. I mourned 44 times. Nothing. I would assume that eating 1009 cinnamon would give anyone at least hallucinations!
  • Mourned/celebrated 113 times! Nothing happened but 113 wines were served :)
  • if theres a mourning badge, its gonna be 666 times..i can FEEEEEL it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You gotta be right :)
  • stoot barfield earned the Licensed To Brush Foxes badge
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, but what is the date??
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do have a time machine, if that's what you're asking.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good observation! The URL to the badge is http://c2.glitch.bz/achievements/2012-04-19/fox_brushing_license_1334869596_60.png, so unfortunately doesn't qualify for the prize, but still cool!
  • Suppose there was an achievement for hoarding precious gems in your cabinet? Just a thought XD.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks like lamenting 1009 pumpkin seeds is also a bust :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Oristia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • FYI my broken tools set now includes the 3 fox related items, bringing the total to 29
    [ETA] Construction Tool, Ace of Spades, Class Axe and Splendid Spindle. So now I have 33 broken tools.
  • If there's a made-it-to-level-60-before-the-imagination-changeover badge, I totes got dibs on the bounty!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I doubt TomC has a million currants any more
    Posted 12 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha yeah I'm down to 669,595, from 1,425,280, but I wonder how much currants would have been needed to remain above 1 million after the switch.
  • I don't want to jinx myself but I don't seem to have lost any currents - not sure my exact total before but I have  1,483,466  now
    Posted 12 years ago by auntie skeptic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • auntie skeptic, in the end currants stayed the same so everyone's currants were restored to normal.
  • Reopening because I like hidden things.
    Posted 12 years ago by MrConkin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think this is a hint. Nope.
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Exciting potentialism!
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ahhhhhh    more hidden things     !?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mystbecky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Possible theory on if there is a 3rd hidden achievement in the June achievement release batch would be something related to interactions and states among guests / houses / maybe towers.
  • argh I remember seeing some achievements that nobody has ever gotten, but I don't remember where!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mama Yahtzee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • has anyone tried giving a piece of furniture every possible upgrade?
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I definitely think that's a hint. Hmmmmm.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • super awesome intern badge?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mama Yahtzee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That one's equally unobtainable as the SuperHyperMagicClareAngel badge, Mama. ;D

...unless TS is hiring more interns? o.O
    Posted 12 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zira I doubt there would be a badge for giving a single piece of furniture every upgrade as that would mean that players that were unable to subscribe or buy currants would not be able to get it and to my knowledge TS has never had any (and as I understand it won't have any) badges that require purchasing currants or subscribing to get.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is, and it's not hidden... Better Homes and Gardens. (Don't forget, there are free upgrades!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I may not be thinking clearly.... but isn't unlearning a card now, not a skill? How can one "Unlearn" the card version. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Nafets Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't believe it's possible to get that badge any more Nafets.
    Posted 12 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is what I though. Just checking :). 
    Posted 12 years ago by Nafets Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Georgia that one is EVERY TYPE of furniture ONE upgrade. Not ONE PIECE of furniture EVERY upgrade possible for it. I think Zira meant the former and not the latter. Hence my response.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink