Topic

₡ 1,000,000 Currants for Every Hidden Achievement Discovered (with upload time no later than December 31 2011)

It has come to light that hidden achievements previously unheard of lurk within the realm of Ur. Some of these achievements have remained undiscovered for many months, even dating back to Beta days. One such case surfaced this morning in the form of Holy Zamboni. This achievement had not been stumbled upon even accidentally by anyone at any time in the past 5 months, and is also not listed in the Encyclopedia. 

There is a 99.9999999% chance*** other such secret achievements exist. Other than the fact that secret achievements are no longer really secret once discovered, they were still at one point a mystery, much like the Holy Zamboni having gone under the radar for many Glitchian years...

I am offering a 1 million currants bounty to the verified original discoverer of each hidden achievement that has been undiscovered as of February 24 2012. The hidden achievement must also have an upload date no later than December 31 2011 (so "old" hidden achievements that no one has stumbled upon yet). This offer stands for each newly discovered hidden achievement fitting the aforementioned criteria; thus if you discover 3, then your prize is 3 million. Hidden achievements are qualified by their lack of entry in the official Encyclopedia page. Hidden achievements also do not have a URL linked to the achievement name when viewing on profile feeds and your achievements page. They also do not appear in the API.

No Longer a Hidden Achievement
Cubimal Wrangler | Have held at least 1 of each of the 23 Cubimals in your inventory at some point

Existing Hidden Achievements
========================================

• Ascended | Level 1+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Cherub | Level 11+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Seraph | Level 23+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Ophan | Level 31+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Shiny Happy Beta Angel | Level 41+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archangel of Beta | Level 61+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archistratege of Beta | Level 83+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Hypersupermagic Clareangel | Level 101+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Secrets of the Jethimadh Tower Base | Went to all 11 secret locations in the Jethimadh Tower: Base hub

• Holy Zamboni | Crunched 1009+ Ice

• Super Awesome Intern | A super-special, ultra-unique, "thank you for being a snowflake" award for your outstanding contribution to Glitchology. [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Clusters of DNAja vu | Found all 11 DNA's

• Hairball Gonzales | Covered an arbitrary amount of distance (i.e. as far as possible) when using Essence of Hairball

• Rook Ranger | Used Essence of Rookswort during a real Rook Attack (not dice-rolled)

• Elementary Penguin | Used 3+ Essences of Purple

• Confounder of Logic | Unlearned Unlearning I (1) [No longer obtainable]

• Pop Idol | Pulled open 13+ Glitchmas Crackers

• Licensed To Brush Foxes | Talk to the Fox Ranger at any Habitat, Park, or Reserve

• Barman of Death | Ended the useful life of 3 cultivated items using Wine of the Dead

• Noise-Bringer | Made metal music for sloths

• The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status (Place 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th in a Feat)

• The Walking Frozed | Froze your brain 11 times

• ***31.4159% chance all statistics are made up

Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Well, the Millionaires route is have one of each type of cultivated resource up so that can't be it.

There don't seem to be very many activities that give IMG that don't already have achievements tied to them. I might guess "eat one of each type of food (since the update)" but that's virtually redundant with cook one of each type of food which we already have.

I've gotten to 1 energy without dying, so I don't think that's it. And I've been simultaneously stuffed, zen'ed, and quoined' out, so that's not it.  Has anyone tried getting a large number of buffs simultaneously?
    Posted 12 years ago by Yendor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Yendor:  I'm pretty sure Lord Bacon-O tried that
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fauxfire - of course you're right. I really didn't think of that... sigh, old age :-P
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey no worries Zira! It was a good thought but following the logic and the pattern of what's gone before it didn't seem likely. But by all means keep pondering! =)
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's badges for having lots of people in our houses... I wonder if there is one for having lots of people in our towers? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Perhaps in addition to a certain number of people, another requirement must be met, like one of the regular badges required 11+ people on a buff. There might be a badge related to SDB sales, or maybe setting your SDB to a certain price? But that doesn't seem likely as the sale can be done between two people who give each other the money back...
  • Whelp... I earned an emblem for each giant without collecting them, and it didn't work. Ah well...

Shucks, 'cause I missed out on a lot of favor doing that! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Coke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was a neat idea though, Coke!
  • No badges for:

-Being in 201 Groups
    -Leaving 95 of them
    -Being promoted to administrator by having the first member leave in 3 different groups
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @coke Wish i'd read your post before I did the exact same thing today! Collected them all the same game day also, no cigar.
    Posted 12 years ago by forcep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • tested 11 guests (+ homeowner for 12 total in the house) on purple.  No hidden badge, but we discovered that it counted toward epic blowout.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you should specify the ones that are not available to get anymore
    Posted 12 years ago by Ted Mosby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i got the *licensed to brush foxes* one
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • does it still go? i got the foxes one. 1m currants! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eheh. It's not "achievement you get", but "new achievement you discover"...
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayzad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • there seems t be multiple achievements for drinking large amounts of moonshine.  idk if im looking in the wrong place but i cant find them listed anywere :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • moonshine?
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Those are under "Personal"
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ahh thanks
  • Something wonderfully expensive, time consuming and absolutely pointless that didn't work:
    I completely un-expanded a totally expanded house, then re-expanded it. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ouch, Zira, thanks for taking that bullet for us! I've been wondering about that!
    Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm starting to wonder if there are anymore hidden badges. Could a dev give us a teeny weeny hint? :D
    Posted 12 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Reopening because I like hidden things.
    Posted 32 days ago by MrConkin | Permalink
    www.glitch.com/forum/genera... "
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i will atepet licking apples over anf over i guess
  • Any one try that?
  • Ok scratch that i think i get it know the hidden ones show up in black text such as elementary penguin (idk how i got it) witch im guessing u guys prob know about. I guess ill just keep doing stupid stuff... Let u know what i find
  • Many people seem to be trying completely new things to find hidden badges. Which is good but just a thought maybe we should try doing things which are already featured as part of a badge i.e firefly catching and seeing if theres a hidden one for say catching 1009 full jars of fireflies. I think i'll try that. 
    Posted 12 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This might be a good place to ask this question. I didn't want to open a new thread just for one question...
    I have noticed that some people have like masses of the same type of trophy ..How does this come about..I thought we could only earn each type of trophy once.. ? 

Thanks..I'm just interested. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A bug.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • aww really??,,,,Some bugs are soooooo much fun :D..lol Thanks! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a badge for feeding an egg to a dustbunny from a dusty stick? long shot
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another quest I found not sure if its been mention...I talk to Helga and she told me to go North to Aranna and munch on a purple flower...I went to Kottima Cast and ate the purple and stayed there till it wore off and I got the quest complete.
    Posted 12 years ago by GarthBnut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • aha! confirmed GarthBnut's tip--not a new badge, but new quest :D

Helga:  Say, you look like the type that has a wistful affection for the past.

Helga:  The type that enjoys hearing of the old days, before the Age of Friendly, if there ever was such a time.
    They were the days of wonder and whimsy, when imagination flowed through your veins thicker than Hooch.
    I'm told the era lives on in the Purple Flower, but that only those who journey to the mountains of Aranna can truly enjoy it.
    Find the flower and go north, young creature, to experience imagination like it used to be.
    Be gone!

Once i picked up a purple flower, got the following msg:

Quest Progress: A Purple Journey North
    Acquire a Purple Flower

Once i went to mountains of aranna and purple trip complete:

Quest Progress: A Purple Journey North
    Munch a Purple Flower in the mountains of Aranna

Dialog from my "rock" included the following reward:
    290mood, 70favor, 575img
    Posted 12 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How cruel of TS. I swore I would never say YOLO but they MADE me!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got the same quest from Uncle Friendly.
    Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump because I don't want the thread to close :)
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone have any thoughts on how the new "naked" buff might play into achievement earning? I've been scratching my head about this since it started... haven't found anything yet.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristen Marie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Poked 1009 Very Stinky Cheeses. I have a sore finger, but that's about it.

Has anyone found anything with the small objects of no intrinsic value? The flavor text says something about it not being recommended to carry with you... maybe that's a clue? Maybe it does something? 

I can't imagine TS having an object that isn't collectible, isn't worth anything and does absolutely nothing at all. Wait, actually, on second thought... I can.

But still... maybe???
    Posted 12 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • talking to Hell's Bartender 1009 times => no new badges.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just got the weirdest idea........ What if there is an actual way to earn the The Impossible Achievement, but we've always just assumed that there is no way to do so. Or i just had an even weirder idea: a Naked Glitch Train. Im gunna try that one
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Insane and commendable patience, Twinkle Star and Tribeca! 

Good luck on your idea, MA, it would be a cool use of the new buff involving that.
  • If only - in Soviet Glitch achievement badge earns you
  • There is a game where you have to say a certain "code/word" in chat... what will unlock an achievement :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wut?
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just to rule it out - I ate an apple a game day for 7+ days with no luck.

I thought seeing as though there was a buff and the butlers keep mentioning to try eating an apple a day it may be a clue.

I will keep going for a while to be sure.
  • Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I'm going for the paper-tree harvesting badges, and making sure I do a water and pet for every harvest. If there's a badge for water/petting (in addition to harvesting), I'll get it...

--Me
    Posted 12 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone ever tried the opposite to the Numatiser badges? No img or energy spent/gained for x amount of days? I'm giving it a go, just in case.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xiri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are 11 different dubrees you can shoot out while Hi'ing. If you shoot out the same one as another Glitch the bonus is doubled

I wonder if there is a badge for experiencing the double bonus with each of the doodahs?

And if there isn't there should be
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *stampedes off to google the word "dubree"*
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had all seven essence effects (Rook Armor, Gandlevery Charge, Crumbly Thoughts, Rube Lure, Gift of Gab, Purple Journey, and Hairball Dash) at one time and can confirm there's no achievement for it.
    Posted 12 years ago by CuCN Subscriber! | Permalink