Topic

₡ 1,000,000 Currants for Every Hidden Achievement Discovered (with upload time no later than December 31 2011)

It has come to light that hidden achievements previously unheard of lurk within the realm of Ur. Some of these achievements have remained undiscovered for many months, even dating back to Beta days. One such case surfaced this morning in the form of Holy Zamboni. This achievement had not been stumbled upon even accidentally by anyone at any time in the past 5 months, and is also not listed in the Encyclopedia. 

There is a 99.9999999% chance*** other such secret achievements exist. Other than the fact that secret achievements are no longer really secret once discovered, they were still at one point a mystery, much like the Holy Zamboni having gone under the radar for many Glitchian years...

I am offering a 1 million currants bounty to the verified original discoverer of each hidden achievement that has been undiscovered as of February 24 2012. The hidden achievement must also have an upload date no later than December 31 2011 (so "old" hidden achievements that no one has stumbled upon yet). This offer stands for each newly discovered hidden achievement fitting the aforementioned criteria; thus if you discover 3, then your prize is 3 million. Hidden achievements are qualified by their lack of entry in the official Encyclopedia page. Hidden achievements also do not have a URL linked to the achievement name when viewing on profile feeds and your achievements page. They also do not appear in the API.

No Longer a Hidden Achievement
Cubimal Wrangler | Have held at least 1 of each of the 23 Cubimals in your inventory at some point

Existing Hidden Achievements
========================================

• Ascended | Level 1+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Cherub | Level 11+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Seraph | Level 23+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Beta Ophan | Level 31+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Shiny Happy Beta Angel | Level 41+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archangel of Beta | Level 61+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Archistratege of Beta | Level 83+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• Hypersupermagic Clareangel | Level 101+ Beta [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Secrets of the Jethimadh Tower Base | Went to all 11 secret locations in the Jethimadh Tower: Base hub

• Holy Zamboni | Crunched 1009+ Ice

• Super Awesome Intern | A super-special, ultra-unique, "thank you for being a snowflake" award for your outstanding contribution to Glitchology. [No longer obtainable]

• 11 Clusters of DNAja vu | Found all 11 DNA's

• Hairball Gonzales | Covered an arbitrary amount of distance (i.e. as far as possible) when using Essence of Hairball

• Rook Ranger | Used Essence of Rookswort during a real Rook Attack (not dice-rolled)

• Elementary Penguin | Used 3+ Essences of Purple

• Confounder of Logic | Unlearned Unlearning I (1) [No longer obtainable]

• Pop Idol | Pulled open 13+ Glitchmas Crackers

• Licensed To Brush Foxes | Talk to the Fox Ranger at any Habitat, Park, or Reserve

• Barman of Death | Ended the useful life of 3 cultivated items using Wine of the Dead

• Noise-Bringer | Made metal music for sloths

• The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status (Place 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th in a Feat)

• The Walking Frozed | Froze your brain 11 times

• ***31.4159% chance all statistics are made up

Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • I have bemoaned one of each type of sno-cone flavor. No Rainbow Bemoaner badge. Though there should be!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ate 1 of each upgrade game card - nada
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why is everyone sure there is even anymore secret badges?
    Posted 12 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @iDylan: I don't think anyone claimed they were sure there were more. Just 'might be'
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah no one knows if there are any more hidden badges, but with all these creative ideas people have been trying, if one of them happens to trigger some hidden badge from 2011 that still remained undiscovered for over a year, well then it wouldn't hurt to reward them with a million currants!
  •  Actually, didn't someone (UxRoot?) do a forum post around about the time the last big batch of batches came out saying they had downloaded a thingy from the server and it showed there were x amount still not publicly visible?

Yes, some could be new areas but whoever it was took that into account and commented there was a difference between soon to be released and hidden badge. Might have been something to do with the URL.

That's as technical as I get. I know for a fact someone posted some evidence re. this or I wouldn't be bothering.
  • The person probably saw the id gaps, but there is no way of telling whether or not there are current active, hidden achievements to fill those id gaps. Jal Completist is id 659 (and the list starts with ID 3), however, there are only 609 known achievements. 

http://glitchium.com/achievements/id/

Edit: To clarify the missing ids could have been scrapped (or unreleased as of now).
    Posted 12 years ago by Nohbody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have ended the useful life of three cultivated items, about a week ago, using Wine of the Dead yet have not received the Barman of Death badge. Am I glitched? Am I over looking something specific? Thanks for the help!
    Posted 12 years ago by MaeBerry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds like it Maeberry. It is WoD on 3 cultivated items. Try one more for safety and then log it as a bug. It should be straightforward.
  • @MaeBerry: There was some discussion in  Live Help a while back as to what constituted a 'cultivated item'. I'm so sorry this is  not much help as I can't remember the result, but perhaps whatever you used WotD on isn't a 'cultivated item'
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw thank you Cleops and IrenicRhonda. I will play around with it some more and kill a few things before I bother live help. 
    Posted 12 years ago by MaeBerry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This isn't an old one, but today I got a badge for saying hi to 53 players in one game day.  (Using the "hi" feature, ie typing 5 in the game window.)  It was called Social Butterfly.  And I do not currently see it listed on the Achievements page.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Someone just earned a Feat First badge (www.glitch.com/profiles/PUV... and www.glitch.com/profiles/PUV...)?

How?  I covet this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brigitte Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bollocks.  They just added a WHOLE BUNCH more badges.  Mine is not hidden. Bah.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zoethor2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • New hidden badge among the batch of badges released last night:

The Cigar | Came very close to top contributor status

So far lowest confirmed ranking to receive it is 30th place in a Feat.
  • Exciting!
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Arthur Dent-Ur earned the The Walking Frozed badge
    Posted 11 years ago by Leksa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can conferm this, I got it today too. 
    ...Some say you can't bring frozen matter back to life. You're proving them wrong with every step you take: your brain has been frozen 11 times and flickered back to life every time. You're a medical miracle, a freak of nature: you're The Walking Frozed. Yay!
    Posted 11 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the update!
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ouch! 11 brain freezes?

ETA: This would be a great thing to do just before a new day. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hooray for The Walking Dead reference!
  • Hi Tom - Just double confirming The Cigar does not go past the 30th contributor. I was 32nd and Neon Tetra 31st in the last feat and Osiris X was the last to get it at #30.

Keep up the good work - this and the list of locations are an amazing resource:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the confirmation and sorry about being so close and missing out!
  • Cool
    Posted 11 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe, story of my life Tom:) Considering I had logged out 8 hours prior to go to bed I don't feel too crushed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • no badge for dying while running from hi sign. there totally should be- Hell or Hi Water. was funny though :)
    Posted 11 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hell or hi walker
    Posted 11 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw someone get the Elementary Penguin achievement. I tried clicking on it and it said page not found. Does this count as a hidden achievement?

EDIT: Wow I must have bad eyes. I double checked the list for this achievement and right after I post this I see it on the list :(
    Posted 11 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have hope that more, older, hidden achievements will be found.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If there's a badget for petting / watering wood trees, it comes after SIGNIFICANTLY more than 500 pettings/waterings, and I will most likely not find it.

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can we have all the remaining (if any) hidden achievements disclosed so we can get them?
    Posted 11 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, please x1009 !!!
  • Tom.
    Tom.
    Posted 11 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tom, thank you for everything.

Yes, time to spill the (plate of) beans!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump this we must know
    Posted 11 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next