Topic

Staff Topic

New skills, new furniture upgrades & SDBs

We have some new things for you to play with. This is not the promised 'R2' release, but a few things that come before it.

Firstly, there are 7 new skills available for learning. Indulge in some Fiber Arts, become a pro Fox Brusher, learn to bend wood and metal to your will and eventually create some furniture. The tools and recipes for these skills are not being released today, but you can get a headstart on learning them.

If you visit your new house, you'll see you have more furniture upgrade choices, along with more wallpapers. Go nuts.

Lastly, we've added a new kind of furniture we call Storage Display Boxes. They show up under 'cabinets' in your furniture bag. If you're already in your home, go back into the world and re-enter to get given some. SDBs allow you to show off the items you have, storing as many of that item as you like, without visitors being able to pinch them. They come in a bunch of fancy styles, so you can show off all your hard-won spoils.

Oh, and one more bonus feature. You can now 'downgrade' furniture to the original base item.

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • I think it will be soon. As usual. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by nekomaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the updates - just hope there are multi-slot cabinets, because I keep things in "groups" - my bags are veggies, fruits, jewels, etc.

I'd love a cabinet where I can hold things in groupings rather than one at a time; because while the little storage cabinets are neat, I can't just click on one box to get everything to pull up!
    (and I have a LOT of stuff still!!) :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mulit-slot cabinets are probably coming
    Posted 12 years ago by millefiori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Question about the SDBs.

When we switch over to our new homes for good...  and we have to design them again...  what happens to all the stuff we currently have in our SDBs?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That stuff will probably go into moving boxes, according to Bees!.
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • when are expansions coming? ( not in what bees! put, just wanna know )
    i am having a party, i could fit more tables if i knew when :)
    Posted 12 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *tearing up from a fit of giggles* Wouldn't we ALL like to know exactly when it's going to happen? hahaha~ Nice try, Gia ;D
    Posted 12 years ago by Genkicoll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • not kidding LOL but yes.. we all wanna know :)
    Posted 12 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't have any SDBs in my house. I was at my house when the update rolled out and I wonder is that kept me from getting it. I left my house and came back many times already since the update but everything still looks the same. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I not seeing/doing something??
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryptor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You've been looking under the furniture tab at the "Cabinets" subheading? They should be there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Question...
    What does SDB's stand for?
    (I'm kinda clueless when it comes to abbreviations like this!!)
    Posted 12 years ago by P3anut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cryptor: in "Local Chat/Activities" type in:  /home
    and it will take you to your test home with all the furniture and stuff to test in it
    Posted 12 years ago by P3anut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @P3anut: SDB = Storage Display Box
    Posted 12 years ago by Dahlia DreadNaught Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, do not use /home in party, or IM chat tabs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to see an option to "unlock" a cabinet so that my friends can get at the stuff inside - it's great having some sealed display cases, but my friends and I share resources a lot and mostly I need storage space that's accessible.

Overall, love the new housing!  I can't wait until it's released :)
    Posted 12 years ago by WaxandFeathers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can you pretty please add one more SDB? It is driving me nuts to only have 10 and I have 11 emblems I want to display in them.
    Please help me!!! Add one more! Just one more! I have one lonely emblem that needs it's display box.
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump:

F5 x 10,000 :)  Ready, set go!
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next