Topic

Staff Topic

R2: Preview of even more house features

It's that's time again - Release 2 of houses is upon us!

It will take a while to roll out the changes to everyone - you can leave your house and then type "/home" to be immediately migrated

To see the new features, reload your game client and visit your house (by typing "/home" in chat). The first thing you'll see is that there are no trees or rocks outside your house any more. But worry not - you can add some yourself with "cultivation". Click on the small sign next to your house to get a menu of options. Once you've mastered cultivation, you can try expanding your street and then changing your house exterior. You can also change the style of your home street. Sick of Groddle? Move to Uralia, Firebog or even THE MOON.

That's awesome, right? Wrong! There's more awesome stuff inside. Head to your backyard to switch styles, cultivate the land or expand your yard. Want to make your house interior bigger? Ok! When in decoration mode, click the buttons in the top bar to extend your house or add new floors.

There are a lot of moving parts in this release - we want to hear about bugs, what you like, what you don't like, areas we should expand on or improve and what you think we need to add. Go forth and test!

___
Questions? Please be sure to read this notes:

Note 1: All upgrades and expansions are free at the moment. This is only a test. There will be a housing reset before it is fully launched.

Note 2: If you missed preview release 1, read about it first!

Note 3: You can't move or delete gardens, rocks, etc., after placing them in cultivation mode. But, you will be able to do in the future.

Note 4: Are you missing some items? No, you are not. They are still there. In some cases, if things were placed near the edge of your yard or home street, you might have to expand a few times to reveal them.

Note 5: We are still testing and this is not the final release. There is more to come.

Note 6: Expansions to your land (yard or home street) happen one at a time. This may seem annoying/cumbersome/slow, but: you are testing as a higher level player when it is all free. If you were earning your way to a larger space over time, it would not seem thus because you wouldn't be doing them all at once.

Note 7: Can't find the upgrade (home-shaped) sign in by the back and front doors of your house. You probably have stuff on top of it. Pick that stuff up :)

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16
  • Ok so if I cultivate my front yard say with herb garden can others come and pick my herbs or will it be locked down to me?
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • MonkeyPantz: yes
    ☠ Nuh' Squeezing: weird, i'll look into it
    Bexatious: likely 1 by 1. bear in mind that you will have to pay for each upgrade in the future, so you wont be doing 10 at once!
    MarbhDamhsa: things will wear out and they'll need some love to be used again - keep mining to see what happens!
  • A big thank you to the whole TS staff! Everything is quite amazing. You guys are so creative and talented. 
    Posted 12 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eye Wonder: you front yard is free for the picking. your back yard is private
  • soooooooooo excited by this. Ridiculously,giddily excited. Thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Only one patch for now? Disappointed!
    Posted 12 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to be able to pick my house up and move it to the very end of my street.
    Also would like to be able to move our street signs
    Posted 12 years ago by Piece of Serenity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ☠ Nuh' Squeezing: please leave your house and type /home to get back in - you've not been migrated yet
  • I keep getting a flash error popup.
    It's hard to enter decorate mode without getting it.
    I can't seem to change my door's style (can't get in decorate mode).
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i would like a 'preview' of what my house would look like vs. the different backgrounds
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Floors!~
    Having a background based on the moon. 
    o3o
    Thank you !
    Posted 12 years ago by MOLAIN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fern Connelly: only one of each thing for now! (one in your home street, one in your back yard)

Piece of Serenity: That will be possible in the future
  • ty bees!
  • "I keep getting a flash error popup." - is there a button to submit a bug report to us? there should be!
  • OMGIANTS! Fireflies in my front yard! EEeekkk! 
  • When's R3?
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wish there was a daytime version of the "Mythical Oak" street type. Super pretty!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do you expand your backyard?
    Posted 12 years ago by Rikki Booben Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Question: Does resource lifespan decrease only when used, or does it decrease over time as well? I wanna see a project to replenish one :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay so after I changed my house to the Midnight Glow style, the music didn't change. It did after I refresh. However, when I entered the cultivate mode, the music changed back to the Groddle Forest music. 
    Posted 12 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You had me with the secret bookcase door :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't figure out how to expand my backyard... and my still was off to the left of my herb patch, so I can't get to it *laughs* (When expanding the front yard, a couple F blocks I'd left for the taking suddenly "re-appeared," so I think the still will still be there (ha ha) if could expand the back yard that far.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Bellerophon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOBE it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To expand your backyard: Click that little wooden house-shaped signpost next to your house, and you can choose "Expand."
  • Bees: Bug? my backyard has been truncated on the left after I tried to expand my street, so I can't get to my milkers.  Similar to Bellerophon's problem above.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rowan Croft Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How can I get rid of something I placed in my yard? How do I de-imagine it?
    Posted 12 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "How do you expand your backyard?" - click on the little signpost just outside your door
    "Does resource lifespan decrease only when used, or does it decrease over time as well?" - when used
    "Okay so after I changed my house to the Midnight Glow style, the music didn't change" - hmm!
  • Omg Cebarkul streets. I have officially gone to heaven <333 *cries happy tiers*
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • tears :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AwesomeCardinal2000, that expands the front yard, not the back.
  • My front yard has migrated but my house/back yard haven't!  Eeeeee, the suspense is killing me.  Love the street/house features so far!
    Posted 12 years ago by Miel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rowan Croft: expand your yard?

"How can I get rid of something I placed in my yard?" - you have the choice once it wears out. we'll be adding a way to get rid of active items too (something hell related...)
  • there was a problem with icons on the street just now. I put in a bug report and also added it to the bug forum.
    Posted 12 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will the resource lifespan decrease when R3 happens or the changes are official?
    Isn't the post out front just for the front yard?
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Miel: try leaving your house and doing /home again
  • Expanding the front yard seems to have no effect on the back, I've tried expanding on both sides.
  • "Will the resource lifespan decrease when R3 happens or the changes are official?" - maybe

"Isn't the post out front just for the front yard?" - yes. there is another one in your back yard
  • "Expanding the front yard seems to have no effect on the back" - indeed. expand your backyard to ... expand your backyard
  • Oh...didn't see the backyard one...thanks :)
  • The new housing release is awesome!  I just have one tiny little suggestion...  Could we get basement levels?  I like the idea of a secret underground lair.
    Posted 12 years ago by Steelasp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ahh... I'm a missing this little sign post? I see it in the front but not the backyard...
    Posted 12 years ago by Rikki Booben Subscriber! | Permalink
  • expanding the street should make room for an extra cultivation spot.. .currently i have to expand twice to cultivate
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I looked...and I didn't see it...you're not missing it rikki
  • @Bees!, no luck with exiting the world and going /home again.
    Posted 12 years ago by Miel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I keep getting a flash error popup." - is there a button to submit a bug report to us? there should be!

There was! But way too lazy. But it's gone now :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "expanding the street should make room for an extra cultivation spot.. .currently i have to expand twice to cultivate" - different items need more/less space. depends what you were trying to cultivate

"I'm a missing this little sign post? I see it in the front but not the backyard..." - leave your house and do /home again

"Could we get basement levels?" - we have some cool plans, but not in this release
  • 1. I can expand my front yard (outside my house) but I can't see any way to expand my back yard and at present when I go to cultivate my back yard everything is greyed out because my yard is too small.

2. I have 25 planks in my inventory. When I got to drop a door on my wall it just drops back into the furniture inventory. So, no second floor for me...
    Posted 12 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • May we be able to remove stuff?
  • I would really love if we could expand the terrain to the maximum just clicking it at once. *Lazy anxious  fingers*
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't see a post in my backyard, I even disassembled my blockmaker and picked up all my bags in case they were in the way :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16