Topic

Staff Topic

R2: Preview of even more house features

It's that's time again - Release 2 of houses is upon us!

It will take a while to roll out the changes to everyone - you can leave your house and then type "/home" to be immediately migrated

To see the new features, reload your game client and visit your house (by typing "/home" in chat). The first thing you'll see is that there are no trees or rocks outside your house any more. But worry not - you can add some yourself with "cultivation". Click on the small sign next to your house to get a menu of options. Once you've mastered cultivation, you can try expanding your street and then changing your house exterior. You can also change the style of your home street. Sick of Groddle? Move to Uralia, Firebog or even THE MOON.

That's awesome, right? Wrong! There's more awesome stuff inside. Head to your backyard to switch styles, cultivate the land or expand your yard. Want to make your house interior bigger? Ok! When in decoration mode, click the buttons in the top bar to extend your house or add new floors.

There are a lot of moving parts in this release - we want to hear about bugs, what you like, what you don't like, areas we should expand on or improve and what you think we need to add. Go forth and test!

___
Questions? Please be sure to read this notes:

Note 1: All upgrades and expansions are free at the moment. This is only a test. There will be a housing reset before it is fully launched.

Note 2: If you missed preview release 1, read about it first!

Note 3: You can't move or delete gardens, rocks, etc., after placing them in cultivation mode. But, you will be able to do in the future.

Note 4: Are you missing some items? No, you are not. They are still there. In some cases, if things were placed near the edge of your yard or home street, you might have to expand a few times to reveal them.

Note 5: We are still testing and this is not the final release. There is more to come.

Note 6: Expansions to your land (yard or home street) happen one at a time. This may seem annoying/cumbersome/slow, but: you are testing as a higher level player when it is all free. If you were earning your way to a larger space over time, it would not seem thus because you wouldn't be doing them all at once.

Note 7: Can't find the upgrade (home-shaped) sign in by the back and front doors of your house. You probably have stuff on top of it. Pick that stuff up :)

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
  • Pickle Bob: you can;t see other people's home signs anyway :)
  • Gosh..whatta creativity! Hat off.
    When trying to cultivate and picking an item..you can change your mind and change to another option, but how to cancel it?

oh..i can leave cultivate mode of course, but would be nicer with a cancel button..
    Posted 12 years ago by Alisah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haven't even been in-game yet, just wanted to thank you for putting the page buttons at the TOP of the posting! [blows happy kisses to devs]
    Posted 12 years ago by Dahlia DreadNaught Subscriber! | Permalink
  • everyone: if you cannot add doors to your ground floor or cultivate things in your backyard, it's because you haven't been fully migrated. please leave your house, go back to the world, and try /home again

we are experiencing some server issues that may cause this process to fail. we're working on a solution
  • Same here with no signpost in the backyard. And the tree I had previously is still there. After reload and Ur and back /home.
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No...I didn't see mine :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Edit: never mind, seems to be working now?

This looks fantastic to me!  One question, though-- will there be the ability to remove/replace resources once we place them?

Thank you so much for all the work that's gone/still going into this!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tryvalen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lila Clemenceau: after release you wont be expanding all at once, so we wont change that

"When trying to cultivate and picking an item..you can change your mind and change to another option, but how to cancel it?" - hit escape or the "X" button at the top of the screen
  • Just for everyone to note: Stuff disappeared from my yard until I expanded it enough, then showed up again.
    Posted 12 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't place my butterfly stick, is this a known error?  It says "There is an invisible gremlin standing there preventing you from placing the stick."  Which is hilarious, but unhelpful.  -_-
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Note for all: I wont be answering the same questions over and over - read my existing replies first!
  • butterfly sticks are a known issue. we'll fix it
  • I still have no sign to expand the back yard, after refresh and /home several times.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rowan Croft Subscriber! | Permalink
  • an hour, fourteen minutes,and already 4 almost 5 pages
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rowan: we are experiencing some server issues that may cause the migration process to fail. we're working on a solution
  • currently the game is giving me a "disconnected from server" error every time I try to change my wall swatch
    Posted 12 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okie, Bees, thanks :)
  • Everything else seems to have migrated. I changed my front yard all around, I added a floor inside, expanded inside. Everythign worked.

but no backyard sign post
    Posted 12 years ago by Beezu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do I remove a cultivation?
    Posted 12 years ago by Klikini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Bees.  <3

I LOVE love love all these new features.  I finally have my firebog house AND a Uralia street!!  OHHHhhh I'm so in love.  :: falls over with googly eyes ::  =^_^=

\ ◕ ‿ ◕ /
  • Bees, thank you for the info about the server issue. I too am one that does not have a sign in my back yard. Will try to patiently wait for a fix on the server.. if need be, I'll come kick it a few times for you :-P

Love, love, love the ideas you have come up with so far. I will just play in my front yard for now :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Soymocha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, same with Xeebu. I went back to the world, came back, no signpost.
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Klikini: from now, wait for it to wear out. in the future, there will be another method
  • Just an aesthetic opinion, but I would prefer the jellisac mounds, barnacles, and firefly hives without the wooden border around them; would prefer a more natural-looking border if you ahve to have one.
    Posted 12 years ago by Botia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All of you who had no backyard signpost - go back to world and do /home once more - we made a small fix that should work for you
  • OK in terms of feedback... I wish we could expand more than 1x at once.. like if I wanted to expand the MAX amount of expansions possible at once I can't do that.. at least I don't think I can?  We have to do just this tiny bit by a tiny bit.  =/  I don't like that.

Everything else.. I LOVE love love love!!  :: hops around excitedly ::  This is so much fun to play with.  =^_^=
  • Botia: the wooden borders allow you to grow jellisac mounds in non-native environments (groddle, uralia, the moon, etc)
  • Looks great!

If I expand my house, should I be worried about stuff I've stored in my attic? *frowns at gigantic music box collection*
    Posted 12 years ago by Indica Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a way to remove something you added? I'm not seeing it.

YAY R2. So pleased.
    Posted 12 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bees! You rock! You all rock. I'm gonna be up ALL NIGHT playing with things.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kyleri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bees, that worked just great.  Thank you!
  • Indica, I found out recently that if you add a second floor, your attic contents will stay precisely where they are- which means they are suddenly all over your second floor instead of the attic and need to be rearranged. Other than that minor convenience....
    Posted 12 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *eagle-scream* Cannot. Wait. To. Get. /home
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Finally got the backyard signpost! Thanks.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirenegade Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't have front and backyard signposts...have reloaded at least 4x.

Looks good as much as I've been able to play with.
    Posted 12 years ago by MeherMan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • my only complaint (!) is that when I leave to go back to the world, it takes so long I end up refreshing. might be all the new content and/or my connection.
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fern, thanks! I figured, just wanted to make sure since I saw a post or two about people losing stuff. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Indica Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Worked for me too Bees. Thank you! I have my sign in the back yard now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Soymocha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • MeherMan: don't reload - just follow the oft-posted instructions!
  • Yayy!  More SDB's.
  • This seems pretty cool overall, like the cute picture of me over the door to my house...sorry if some of this is answered, but keeping my reply open as I try out some of the basics...here's a few of my initial impressions...

[ETA: Answered - this is just a subset, I see] It was surprising to me that it is still a bit limited (hopefully this is like R1, where this is just a subset of the overall options).

[ETA: Answered - this is just a subset, I see]  The backgrounds are lovely - very glad to see the Uralia options...however, sad to see there are no beach options, nor even the cold frigid fjord option for the background.  The midnight glow option has a front glow (blue)  that is just too bright, and takes away from the house which is placed right behind it.  Most of the meadows seem too similar...would like to see one of the lovely meadows with all the flowers and colors as an option.  

Would like an option to shift the house placement on the street to the left or right...it is often in what I would consider a bad placement over the backgrounds.

The expansion of the street is painful - you can only do one at a time (out of a possible 19 upgrades) and it takes quite a while to load.  Let us be able to select multiples at a time - at least expand one on each side left and right at the same time.

[ETA: Answered - this is just a subset, I see]  The house options seem a bit off from the backgrounds...some seem to fit together, and others seem completely out of place.  Again, hopefully, like the R1 furniture, this is just an odd subset of more to come with the full release.

[ETA: I see there was a fix for this that was added while I was composing...EETA: Yep fixed with a jump to world and a jump back to /home.] In my back yard, I'm missing things that were at the edge of the screen, and there is no way to expand the background.  My backyard doesn't match the street theme that I chose.  I can go into cultivation mode in my backyard, but then gives me the error that I need to expand my yard.

I hope we get the option to add various sized rooms.  I don't like that I have to add a floor that is the exact same size as the bottom floor.  Also would like options for rooftop gardens and options to have something other than the weird elevator doors, like trees or vines to climb.

Love the new items that were added for the furniture options and the extensive set of wall swatches, though could we get at least one free picture for the walls?  Also more floor and ceiling swatch options please. 

Glad to see the cultivate options - love that we can choose our rocks, and now have our own fireflies, barnies, jellies, trees and crops.

At the same time, really sad that we still only have standard cultivate options for the yards.  Would have liked a few cosmetic items too like groddle meadow type flowers, fountain/statue options, and the ability to make our own terrain - mini hills, water features, etc. 

As in R1, it's a very good start - will be playing with things for quite a while, and I'm stoked at how busy this will keep me.  Look forward to the rest over time...
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bees - will we ever be able to move cultivation items after we've placed them?
    Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha, found my backyard post behind my bundles of grain, w00t!

I'm in love!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Bees,

Will we be able to have things to stand on like logs, mounds, floating Islands?

Will we also be able to go underground?
    Posted 12 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • First, loving it! Second... my piggy stick has gone missing from my front yard! (the chicken one is still there though) ... is that one of the known problems? (I did look but didn't see anyone saying they'd gone missing, just that they couldn't be placed.)

Edit: ER nevermind, an expand to the right made it re-appear... *cough* knew I shoulda tried that first.... I'll just be quiet now. Still loving the new stuff though!
    Posted 12 years ago by Viresse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After zooming out to try and get a picture of my entire ground floor, I find the camera centered in the center of the screen unmovable. Exiting to home street did not fix.
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Viresse, try using your Home Sign to expand your yard in the direction the item went missing. That fixed it for me :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yayyyyyyy!!!! TYTYTYTYTTYTYTTYTYTYTYTYTYY :)
    Posted 12 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hehe thanks Stuv, I thought about doing it right after I posted and was like hmmm... so I feel foolish now
    Posted 12 years ago by Viresse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd really like to be able to shift the location of my house and/or the signpost.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16