Topic

Paying it forward - calling all level 59 glitches

I had a lot of help from my fellow glitches in the race to get to level 60 before the changeover.  I'm calling all level 59 players to come forward and put their names out there.  Until the change to imagination, I pledge to give away all I gather/make to level 59 glitches in the hopes that they too can reach 60.

Edit:  The splendid Miss Parsley has started a group for us to help the 59ers:

www.glitch.com/forum/offtop...

Join today!

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Still level 59. My biggest issue is not having enough allspices, beans, cherries and general vapour. My currants already went down hill tithing my greedy icons, hehe. If anyone would like to help I would appreciate it a lot too! Thank you so much in advance!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Slowly but steadily closing in on level 58......

edit:  Made it! Back to the grind to try and hit those last two levels.......
    Posted 12 years ago by ZwitterionAlchemist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have 159,326 xp to go before 60...and I've hit the wall.  Sooo close.  Any help would be most appreciated!  I've been nibbling pigs like crazy and seasoning beans to donate, so if anyone has some extra resources they want to throw at me, I would be most grateful!  Thanks everyone!  :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Boniferous Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am in the same position Boniferous. Flagging and short of resources. I have donated just about everything, even my spare orbs :)

Going to have a break for a couple hours and see if that gets me back in gear again. Biggest supply problem I have had is with gas. The house routes have one tree and are painfully slow to load, it was driving me crazy. I went to the bogs but only do a couple of streets as it takes so long there too. Tried auction but no luck, have to keep going to the same few places and waiting for new day.

Good luck to you, Boniferous, and all the others who are so close. As soon as I get there I will help those who need it.

I want to be a fairy like Misbehavin' :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • W00t level 59!!! So close...........
    Posted 12 years ago by White Tiger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha Ha! My maths is so bad, thought I had a hundred thousand to go but it was ten thousand and I made 60 in a few minutes of going back online just to reflect my icons.

So, I will add Boniferous and White Tiger to my friends and after a short break for a snooze, will start collecting.

It was such a surprise I had just bought three purple sno cones, ate one and the 60 came up. I was expecting a little more of a fanfare but it was a bit of an anticlimax.

Thanks again to Misbehavin', it would have been far more gruelling without her help.
  • Just helped out White Tiger.  Off to gather more.  59 folks let me know when you're online!
  • Im trying to make it to 59!!! I am grinding my butt off! lol 
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Misbehaven you are being awesome with all the help for us 59 glitch, keep up the good work
    Posted 12 years ago by lotsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just giftified w Lotsa.  I'll be offline for most of rest of the day, will look for 59ers soon!
  • Level 59 here. I'm 150k or so into it...Ack!
    Posted 12 years ago by Coriander Fitzbilly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Paid a visit to lotsa and bumped into Charlie the Awesome.  Back on the routes again to see what else I can find :)
    Posted 12 years ago by MisBehavin' Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And thank you very much MisBehavin'!
    Posted 12 years ago by Charlie the Awesome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Level 59, and why didn't anyone tell me we have to get almost 500K xp to get to 60?  Geeez.  And all the good xp stuff was nerfed.  I could just cry.

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm with Tibbi on this. All the great stuff was nerfed, this is really sad! :( By the way if anyone have some general vapour they could give me I would be grateful! I'm still level 59, almost getting there but still 100k to go.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Caught up with Lila. I'm out for tonight but I will check in tomorrow.
    Posted 12 years ago by MisBehavin' Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once again, I'm about to get a full level up in just over one RL day! 57 happens tonight, so 58 should happen some time Wednesday.

I've spent well over 100k currants in the last 3 days, ouch!
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Btw, besides mining for currants, the specific thing I work to collect/buy is eggs (oaty cakes) and allspice (proper rice).  But what do  people collect vapor to make into?
  • Vapor for Gas for Chicken Eggs.
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I use tons of vapour for seasoned beans.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am actually leveling up every 1-2 RL days by solely making Tasty Pasta and donating it, plus coins in Ancestral if I have the patience.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whooo, so I just made 60!  :)  I was able to grind away at the last bit today.  Thanks for the encouragement Miss Parsley and FlatEarther for starting this thread!  I agree Miss Parsley, it was definitely anticlimactic for all the work put in, hehe.

It sounds like there's a good chance a bunch of 59's will make 60 before the change to imagination since it won't happen until closer to the end of the month!  I'm going to add anyone posted here who needs help getting there!  :)

My little Glitch can now die and visit hell for the first time!  (I'm one of those who didn't want to die until my goal was met.)  Hell bar, here I come!  :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Boniferous Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats Bonierous!  Let's see how many more glitches we can help out!

I tend to be on days EST in the US.  Whomever is 59, 58 right now, message me in game and I'll giftify you!
  • I am @  440/497. chugga choo choo!
    Posted 12 years ago by tiptronic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The announcement re: the imagination switch has given me new hope... 57 and grinding! (Seasoned beans are good donations? What's everyone's favorite?)
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrenlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congratulations, Boniferous!
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well done Boniferous, I had just put together a bag of stuff for you, but this means it can go to another 59er.

Tiptronic, it was the last quarter I found the hardest, my coffers and home were depleted and I was so tired of grinding.

So, can we have posts from those still struggling and what they need, I dt on't want anyone to get lost. Maybe we should start a group, it probably won't be that long lasting but it could help wth sorting out who needs what and offering encouragement.

If you are short of gas and have cherries, look at making wood tree beans, you need half the gas. Someone would have to work out if it makes a difference to the XP gained because I am mathematically challenged :)
  • OK, I made a group: www.glitch.com/groups/RHV1E...

Please join if you are 59 (or very near) and we can have separate threads so we don't miss anyone.

I need more admin, hoping to cover different time zones, so please volunteer if you would like to. Can't see that there would be much work to do but it would be good to have people who are on often.
  • Miss Parsley, that's an awesome idea :) I assume we should wait until we're at 59 to apply, it says the group is invite only?
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrenlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just double gifted Tricia McMillan, offline for a bit will load up and look for more folks later today.

Nice idea on the group Parsley!
  • Invite only, but I'd like to join. :)
  • @ Flatearther, I was trying to send you an invite, along with Misbehavin' but the button is not working. Might you be interested in being an Admin? It was your brilliant idea to pay it forward! But don't feel obligated if it is not your thing :)

Please post in the new group thread if you are interested in joining and we will get an invite to you as soon as the button works :)
  • Tibbi, I made it invite only because of the hundreds of 'amusing' posts we would get asking for free stuff :(

Register on the new group thread and I will get an invite to you as soon as the button works :D
  • Wrenlet, think it is a good idea to be close to 59, say 57 up, as we would get lots of begging posts otherwise and it would be disrupting and get hard to spot the people who really deserve some help.

Register your intrest in the other thread, so I can get through it quickly when I get my superpowers (!) and the button is functioning for me.
  • @MissParsley: Great idea on the group, registered. :)
  • FlatEarther - great thread, I've been helping 2 worthy Glitches trying to reach 60.
    @MissParsley - Fantastic idea for a group - I know I'd love to help anyone in the group.
    Sometimes the time span makes it difficult - maybe those who register with the group could add what time zone they're in, I know that wud help me a great deal (just a thought).
    Posted 12 years ago by Stormy345 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The new group thread has been moved over to off-topic. Not sure why as it is about the game and relevant to quite a few players but I know better than to question the wisdom of the thread-shifters.

Sorry it will be harder to find now.

Flatearther, would you mind amending your original post here to point people to the thread to sign up for the group? Thank you :)
  • Thread edited to note the group url.  Fab idea MP!
  • Wonderful, thank you.

Any bored 60's out there please sign up if you would like to help. It gives us something to do while we wait.

All credit for the idea must go to you and Misbehavin, just thought it would help to have a place to go so nobody gets overlooked in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing you all there once I can send out the invites D
  • Update: The wonderful Kevin has said that the button problem was caused by my browser (good old IE, ha ha!) So am downloading new one and should be able to get the invites out soon.

Need to get this sorted so I can get on with collecting for you lovely levellers :)
  • Flatearther, the link in your post appears to be borked :D

It's easy to find the post in off topic.

Button issues solved, so look out for your invite!
  • Sorry to butt in with a question but I'm pretty much brand new to the game and I've been seeing a lot of users talking about this reset/ implementation of 'Imagination' and how they're scrambling to level before it hits. What's this all about?
    Posted 12 years ago by EightBitBlonde Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi EightBitBlonde, the game is going to undergo some radical changes soon and (as I understand it) there will not be levels in the way there are now, more like a cumulative total of experience that can be added to indefinitely.

We have been playing for a while under the old system and many of us have reached the current top level of 60 and want to help those who are nearly there.

There is no advantage to doing this, just a personal quest to get to the 'end of the game' before there is no end :)

There are loads of posts in old threads about what is going to happen, perhaps have a look through them (although they tend to be long and chaotic, as threads are)  There is also a Glitch blog where more is explained.  It's worth having a look at that too.

tl;dr: Not getting to 60 will not affect you in any way, it's just to say "yay!  I did it"

If anyone else can think of something I missed then please fire away :)
  • Get to the end before there is no end....swoon :-)

Ok, Tibbi has been helped, don't forget to join the new group to get help or give it!  Back in Glitch early tomorrow EST.
  • @ Miss Parsley
    Thank you for clearing that up!
    Posted 12 years ago by EightBitBlonde Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, if anyone wants to help me I'd really love it. I just made lvl 59 and am trying really hard to make 60
    Posted 12 years ago by cynniecyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sent you an invite to the group Cynniecyn. Don't be shy, ask for what you need and we will do our best to help.

We have had a successful night, lots of speedy deliveries and you don't have to watch any yoga, how great is that.

It's bedtime here, so see you tomorrow and happy Glitching!
  • I'm at level 59 and almost halfway to 60.  I'm always running out of cherries and gas, if anyone wants to send some my way I'll lurve you forever!  Also Miss Parsley can you send me an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by Megaera Blackthorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • fixed borked link.
  • Can I please get an invite to the group? I am slogging away but have about 110k to go. Allspice and vapour are my biggest needs, but I can switch beans if cherries are easier.
    Posted 12 years ago by Addi Bee~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink