Topic

Paying it forward - calling all level 59 glitches

I had a lot of help from my fellow glitches in the race to get to level 60 before the changeover.  I'm calling all level 59 players to come forward and put their names out there.  Until the change to imagination, I pledge to give away all I gather/make to level 59 glitches in the hopes that they too can reach 60.

Edit:  The splendid Miss Parsley has started a group for us to help the 59ers:

www.glitch.com/forum/offtop...

Join today!

Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • So I've been lurking, only just hit 50 yesterday so I'm pretty far away from that 59 mark still... but I've been wondering if anyone has heard about when everything will change over... I've seen "end of the month" and figured if anyone would know more it would be the people trying the mad dash to 60 lol (if it is the end of the month I might just be able to make it to 60 too! ... or I can hope hehe)
    Posted 12 years ago by Viresse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Viresse, all I can say is if your RL allows, go for it.  Addi Bee msg me after 10a est and I'll try to connect w you to giftify.
  • So far, I don't think we have any more information than "closer to the end of the month".

We might get more info in the next few days though, so try your best now so that you aren't left scrambling once we get a (slightly) more definitive answer.

Remember: Releases are almost never accelerated, and almost always delayed at least a bit. It could still take a bit more time than they even think now!
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've just made it to 59 too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Errata Stigmata Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks guys, I kinda thought that was the case but figured it didn't hurt to ask, :) ... I'm definitely gonna give it a shot!

Good luck to all of you at 59 already!!
  • Viresse, go for it. I thought I was too late and slowing down, then it was delayed and I speeded up again and was annoyed at the 'lost' time.

Go go go...
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Invites on their way to those who have requested them.

Come on, you can do it!
  • I just made it to 59!!!! yayyy:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay, Queen Zipporah!  Go go go!  Have you posted in the group yet?  Ask for any resources you need.  Don't be shy!
  • "I thought I was too late and slowing down, then it was delayed and I speeded up again and was annoyed at the 'lost' time."

That's what I thought too! I was a low 49 and was like pfft no way, so I spent the weekend catching up on my shows instead of working on my level! I kicked myself Sunday night lol
  • yea lotsa is 60!
  • Cynniecyn has been gifted by otto otto and myself, don't forget to join the group to get into the gifting mix!
  • It's worth applying to join if you think you might be in with a chance, we will consider each application.

It's just that we want to help strivers not skivers, I think we will be able to tell the difference.

Viresse, you have been sent an invite, we will try to help all we can to get you to 60.
  • Potential helpers who are put off by the thought of grinding all over again, please consider making one off donations of anything that is cluttering your house. Every point counts.

There is no committment needed to the group, do as much or as little as you feel like.

It is fun and helps pass the time until the changes.
  • Queen Zipporah just got a bazillion gifts. :-)
  • I'm down to the last 50K!  Thanks for all the help everyone!  Collecting allspice and cherries to make more bean tree seeds for donating.  I should be done by the end of today.  Then I can dole out my stuff to others. :)

Editted to update: Level 60 made.  Thanks again to all who helped. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Congratulations Tibbi. Glad to hear you are staying with us to help. It's actually really good fun.
  • Congrats Tibbi!  Queen Zipporah is online, let's help her along this morning (along with any others I haven't spotted yet, only on second cuppa coffee!)
  • I would love to help her, but can't for reasons I will never know I guess. :) So I am helping who I can when ingame. Which I hope to be later (I really wish this game could be played fully on my tablet).

Yeah for helping glitchen reach their goals!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another 60 made with the help of the group. well done to cynniecyn who made 60 today!

It's a sign of our success that we are running low on levellers to help! if anyone out there wants to apply please do.

As we have a bit more time than we originally thought, its worth applying if you are in the 50's.
  • Just dropping a line to say I think you guys are awesome.  It seems like Glitch has gotten to be a less friendly place in the last few months, so it is really refreshing to see people actually HELPING one another and paying it forward. BTW,  Im a level 59 but am going to finish it on my own (hard headed).  Keep up the good work!
    Posted 12 years ago by TheBoyWhoCriedRook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just gave Queen Zipporah another load, she's at 338k!
  • Thanks TheBoyWhoCriedRook and if you get stuck you know where to come, we won't tell anyone, promise ;-)
  • Another success! Congratulations to Megaera Blackthorn who has just made it to 60.

Well done Megaera!
  • Queen Zipporah has joined the ranks!  Congratulations!
  • Thank you Flat!! Thanks to all who helped me! I have passed on supplies to Wren  this morning and if anyone needs me let me know. but as of this second, im gonna go eat like a horse!!! <33 xoxo
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just helped our dear Wren again.  Catch the fever before it passes forever!
  • Congratulations Queen Zipporah! Well done :)

Had no internet all day *cries* Fixed now, thank goodness :)
  • Wren has made it!
  • I made it! Thanks for the help!
    Posted 12 years ago by Marie's Mom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well done Marie's Mom! Yay!
  • Posted in the group thread - 55 and 3/4 right now going on a long grind now!! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by JillyBean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • JillyBean we will help you through!

Had so many successes this week, it's amazing how generous people have been. Some lovely Glitchen here :)
  • aaaahh i'm halfway through level 57! any chance i could get in on this a level and a half early? WE CAN ALL DO ITTT.
    Posted 12 years ago by grelca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the help all!  This glass ceiling is awesome.  Yay Wren you made it too!  Sweet :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Megaera Blackthorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bumping this back to top...I think at this point we're helping all upper 50s players try to reach 60!
  • Could I have an invite to the group please?  Am on level 58 and would really like to make level 60 before all the changes :)
    Thanks in advance
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Salan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Invite sent Lady Salan. You can do it!
  • Lady Salan is 150k to 60!

Any other 59ers out there, of 58s?
  • I've just reached level 55 and am I no rush to get to 60 so Ihave a bag of spare emblems if it will help anyone out, just post here and I'll send them along.
    Posted 12 years ago by Troll Doll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just glad I tackled level 50 earlier. Haven't been playing for awhile so the last 2 weeks or so been from 39 to 50 :O
    Posted 12 years ago by Raktivist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Juuuuust made it to level 59! Such a long way to go yet though... at least imagination was delayed so I have a chance to make it to 60 :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Bradamus Prime Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next