Topic

Girder Reference

Anyone else noticed the reference in the description of the Girder?

"A solid metal material used for correctly shafting mines and supporting structures. There's some crazy rumour that if you can find a way to boil these down, you can magically create a sparkling bright orange drink out of them. But this has never been proved, and their use in construction is by far the more popular one."

I remember this beverage from my time living in London, Irn-Bru

Thank you devs for that memory. :)

Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1 for catching that Tibbi!
    Posted 12 years ago by starrkittyface Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, I'm going to London in May. I'll have to drink some, just to try it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY! Iron Bru is like our version of gator aid/ mountain dew I quite like it but it is an acquired taste.
    The advert used to say, made in Scotland from Gurrrders.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Irn-Bru is a Scottish-associated thing, not English/British. But yes, you can probably find it in London. I don't think I've ever tried any; it is kind of a scary orange :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *face palm*

Yes irn-bru is made in Scotland but you can find it all over England in any old paper shop, and it's lovely stuff :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We loved the commercials about it. :)

There's an shop near Portland Oregon, the name slips my mind, which sells all manner of British goods.  We bought some there once to share with friends/family our experience with the drink.  About 50/50 on liking it.

I've also heard you can get it online
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let it go flat and it's great for hangovers... Allegedly. It'll definitely take the nights sleep offa you if consumed late in the day, my sister and I used to bounce off the walls when we'd had it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Troll Doll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I knew it was Scottish (because I read the wiki article linked), but it was stated that it can be found all over England, and Tibbi said they found out about it because of living in London. :)

You know, now I wonder if Pops sells it. That place is amazing and carries soda pops from all over the world. Hmm.... if they don't, then they should!
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's the little things that make this game great, haha.
    Posted 12 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Irn Bru is in the US - Publix sells it around here. I stock up periodically (Being Scottish and all). Expensive, but worth it once in a while as a treat.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pilcrow ♠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now you've done it. It's been yonks, but this one is going to get some tonight. (It's an import in Canada, but a number of grocery chains stock it.) Maybe I'll get some Dandelion and Burdock whilst I'm at it...
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh I love Dandelion & burdock. om nom.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink