Topic

What happens when you die?

Couple of questions about dying in game (apologies if already covered in another thread)...

I was wondering what happens when you die?

What are the ways that you can die?

Where do you "respawn" ?

Do you respawn with full energy?

Is dying annoying enough to not want to do it?

Any other thoughts on dying?

Posted 13 years ago by en Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was wondering what happens when you die?
    You go to Hell One. And crush a lot of grapes.

What are the ways that you can die?
    You use up all your energy

Where do you "respawn" ?
    Exactly where you died

Do you respawn with full energy?
    No, low energy and crippling low mood. You'll have to eat and drink to get out of that state.

Is dying annoying enough to not want to do it?
    No, not really. And it has its own set of achievements :)

Any other thoughts on dying?
    I wouldn't want to do it in real life. Well, not yet anyway.
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol @ bluto re 6th reply.

Well for me dying was a total shock, first off I thought that was it game over. But I was not prepared for how being in that hell made me feel. Seriously It made me nearly cry, [ yes seriously it did ] I could not wait to get the "hell" out of there. I was in Wintry Place and have not been back since lol

Maybe dying could last a little longer, even lock you out of the game for 24 hours. Other wise it is not that much of a punishment once you get over the shock. Saying that I'm not planning on doing it again in a hurry.
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!

Makes me wonder what kind of scenarios you could run into where you run out of energy. Seems like you should be able to keep your energy up, especially once you have your skills up. Lots of options.
  • Aww, Misha :3

I think Hell is fun! The music is awesome :)

But if you're on a high level, 30+, it requires 1000 energy and 1000 mood to get back up to full when you're out, which is nasty.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep I just eat meat till I felt pig sick lol
    I think I felt so bad as it was my very first day testing and had no Idea hell even existed, you don't see it on a map :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow - crying at landing in Hell? I wanted to buy a home there! (Originally, that was the only place to see batterflies, and I love the look of the joint.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • En - You might think it is easy to keep your energy up, but if you start doing a large number of a certain action, grinding ore or smelting metal for instance, it's pretty easy to whip through a full energy meter.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zaphod Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's why I'm so glad they stopped letting you produce quantities of a recipe which would kill you.
    Posted 13 years ago by RobotGymnast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hell is supposed to have a redo one of these months.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @RobotGymnast, never thought of that and never had to experience it! Glad you get a "you don't have enough energy" warning! I would've had to keep a calculator with me!
  • Out of my small group of friends who are playing, I'm the only one who thought Hell was kinda neat :) I had no idea of what to do but it soon became obvious, way better than most games where you just respawn and continue on your way. Everyone should go there at least once just for the experience!
    Posted 13 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I definitely had the experience of trying to do too much of something and using up too much energy! I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore. I also visited hell after that one time I experimented with no-no powder... I plan on going back after earning the dragon chaser achievement someday, but I'm not going to buy a vacation home there or anything.
    Posted 13 years ago by Amy Pond Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone else notice that Hell looks suspiciously similar to certain parts of Ix?
    Posted 13 years ago by Letter Jeigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And what about all the broken statues?
    I think there must have been a hell of a battle at some point, and I'm wondering about the dispositions of most these Gods. They're all different and I'm wondering how long they're going to all get along with each other.
    Posted 13 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still "Last seen exploring Hell One".

It was a fun end of test party, but...it's gettin' hot in here (especially with this mask on).
    Posted 13 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I died and went to hell when I first started playing and really didn't like it :0 Had no idea that was coming but sure taught me to watch my energy after that :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cabinwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good point; I also first died without realizing it. alpha.glitch.com/forum/idea...
    Posted 13 years ago by RobotGymnast Subscriber! | Permalink