Topic

Staff Topic

Trendy Thursday - Houses Release 3 (for reals)

Saturday Update: For players who came into the game since the release and found the moving boxes missing, please check out this separate topic.

---------

Release 3 of the new housing system is now ready, with the final reset of houses.

Do not be alarmed! Only houses have been reset.

Now that the reset is complete, your house has been reset to the starter size, with no cultivated items and no furniture. Any upgraded furniture you had in your house or your furniture bag has been removed. You've be given a small set of starter furniture in its place.

When you enter your new house after the reset, any items that you had in your old house or your testing house will have been moved into your new residence. Just unpack your moving boxes to get started. Your new house contains multiple boxes for your old house, your test-house home street, test-house backyard and each floor of your test-house.

So that's what the reset entails, but what's changed? Well...

Furniture can now be crafted by players. Get building!

Your new houses will now have their own web page, linked from your profile. You'll be able to easily visit other people's home streets from there (as well as from their "info pane" in the game client).

Once you've chosen/purchased a furniture upgrade, that choice is 'sticky'. If you upgrade a chair to style A, then switch it to style B, you'll later be able to switch back to style A at no cost. The same applies to your house chassis.

The initial furniture we give you is soul-bound. This means you can't give it away to other players. Other items may gain this property in the future.

Furniture can now be traded - either by using the 'give' verb, dragging it to another player or using the player-to-player trading system. You'll get an extra warning when you try to trade upgraded furniture. Auctions for furniture will be added in the near future.

Furniture should no longer drop through the floor when you're placing it on your 2nd floor. Or your 3rd - houses can now be 3 floors tall.

All street styles now have music.

Furniture items all have their own web pages, as do the upgrades. You can browse and bookmark your perfect setup while you're waiting for the reset.

The furniture bag is now sorted, to make finding your furniture easier. And it'll now be accessible anywhere in the world, to allow your to trade your items.

The old houses are fading away. Visit the abandoned apartment blocks to reminisce.

The housing FAQ has been updated to answer some of your questions. The player Scarf was also kind enough to compile this huge list of questions & answers from the previous R3 thread.

Take a look around, kick the tires and lets us know what you think.

Posted 12 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5
  • Great news! Thanks for this exciting day!
    Posted 12 years ago by Branfowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Can't wait to play with this! Thanks for the hard work, guys. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Asperity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • HURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Posted 12 years ago by Lila Clemenceau Subscriber! | Permalink
  • May I be the first to say:

COOL BEANS!
    Posted 12 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome !!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lety Subscriber! | Permalink
  • post!
    Posted 12 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whee!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Cithra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dangit!!! RIGHT when my boss gets back from his meeting! ahhhhh!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sondi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bdsfjdsfasdfjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaay
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have been sitting refreshing this since it went down last night. Sadly, it opens while I'm in the only class on campus with CRAPPY internet!!!  *pullshairout*
    Posted 12 years ago by Xoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SQUEE!  Thanks for letting us into the new playground!
    Posted 12 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay.
    Posted 12 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THANK YOU!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Spree Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never been so angry of being at the office. I'm on skype with my girlfriend who is describing every she's doing on Glitch.

RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!! And happyness :-) Good job TS!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pommy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the new street styles!  Thank you~.
    Posted 12 years ago by Akira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't get into my new house ?
    Posted 12 years ago by Yarf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too can't get into my house.  Will  a reload do the trick?
  • "I can't get into my new house ?" - some houses seem to have broken doors. we're working on it. by which i mean, myles is working on it
  • 2.5 more hours till end of my workday. Faster, clock! Faster, subway! I'm getting a kick out of seeing my friendslist light up, though. Hooray!
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bad myles!
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No worries about the broken doors.   I'll work on my front yard.
  • uh, might help if we had doors.....just a thought.

this would be a prime time for TS to spring weather on us, so we are homeless and wet/miserable...
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you! Sadly, I am at work with outdated flash and no ability to do anything about it, so I will just have to wait to see my pretty new home. But thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm locked out of my house too, but looking at my furniture tab I can see some of my trophies arent there. Maybe they are already in my house or in my moving box though? *shrugs and waits patiently*
    :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Koftun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any way to preview a street/yard style without paying a 450i fee? I would love to see them full-sized and, ideally, fully expanded before I start cultivating one.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yaaay :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Coke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Door fixed.

Thanks Myles.
  • Hmmm... I am missing boxes. Or I just don't know where they are located. One thing is for sure.. they are not in my house. I'm not desperate for the stuff now, but would like it later on! I know everyone is busy busy busy!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lulu Muffin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK, door fixed but I have no boxes!  I also checked in decoration mode.  Empty.

Panic!
  • /kidding about the panic
  • "Is there any way to preview a street/yard style without paying a 450i fee?" - not currently. well, you could visit friends' houses ;)

"I am missing boxes" - report those in live-help. we're looking into it
  • Do we need fencing to keep animals? Or do we just insta-hatch and let them roam?
    Posted 12 years ago by Xoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate to report this, because I like it. But when I go to world and then go back to my house, I get another wall segment in my bag (I'm up to 5 so far). I'm fairly certain this isn't supposed to happen. Can I keep my extra segments anyway?
    Posted 12 years ago by Quirk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Be careful when changing your new house. I just mistakenly spent 140 CREDITS thinking that the change was for Img. points. I just spent $10. on something that I did not want.

I feel that there should be some sort of rebate policy. This is all new. 

Sad and Angry now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right when I get out of class, YES
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It very clear states that you are spending credits. Learn to read.

Y U NO GIVE ONE SDB?!?
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Xoria, you can let them roam or use an animal stick, found at your nearest animal goods vendor, to limit the space in which your animals can stay.
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • a huuuuge thank ((you)):)) going to Ur now...:)
    Posted 12 years ago by mira gaia maia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • anyone know which (if any) yard styles have the Highlands music?
    Posted 12 years ago by Dommy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • " I have been sitting refreshing this since it went down last night. Sadly, it opens while I'm in the only class on campus with CRAPPY internet!!! *pullshairout*" Same! Walking to my apartment now to get on
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Unpacking moving boxes - worst thing in Glitch to date. I would have preferred moving myself tbh.
    Posted 12 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you thank you - having fun again!

Just a couple of things I have noticed so far - unpacked my boxes and my piggy stick 'placed' itself wherever the box was unpacked (I didn't notice, so was mystified as to why my pigs were hanging around outside the back door)... Also, machines are 'placed' wherever they land after unpacking and you can't pick them up to move them - you have to disassemble them, pick up each part, and reassemble them individually in the desired location?
    Posted 12 years ago by bergamot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sorry, lag - double post
  • door still doesnt work, and yes i reloaded the page...
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once we've spent iMG on a street style, can we switch back to it for free if we change up later? Or do we have to pay again to revert to a style we used before?
    Posted 12 years ago by Tathak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was able to move the machines using my mouse to drag them around, hopefully it works for everyone!
    Posted 12 years ago by matrix Subscriber! | Permalink
  • huh so apparently we got different free furniture? a few people i know got SDB's right away, i got none and i can't craft them even though the encyclopedia doesn't say they need furnituremaking2
    Posted 12 years ago by Krakmunky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi matrix, I was a bit too excited and unpacked my front yard box in the house, so couldn't move them outside - had to disassemble/pick up/move/drop/reassemble...

I tried to drag the whole thing into my bags but no luck - good to know it works if you're moving them around the area though... maybe my experience can be a warning to other, excitable souls :)
Previous 1 2 3 4 5