Topic

When I work hard on something...

... it's nice to see some acknowledgment of my work, even if it's not perfect.  When my students make something a school, when they put thought and time into their projects I take some time to ask them about what they made and tell them something I notice about their work because I value their efforts and respect their time.

Hey TS, I noticed that you worked really hard on this game and I appreciate the effort. 

I just want to let everyone who works on the game know that the loudest players do not always represent the opinions of the majority.  I will quietly (well, except for this post) continue renewing my subscription because I appreciate the thought put both into the game and behind it.  Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You JUST noticed how much effort they put into the Game? 
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you :)
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, Sloppy Ketchup?

Stuff like this is why I think you're awesome.  I've noticed that you say good things and I appreciate them.

(And yes, I appreciate TS too, but I can't let that detract from the rest of this post.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lobe you all!
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said Sloppy Ketchup :)

Ungratefulness is not attractive!
    Posted 12 years ago by TamaraPlum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heinz Ketchup of the Forums :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +9001
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tiny Speck, you the fwaggin best

(Oh shiii- ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!)
    Posted 12 years ago by MarbhDamhsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hee hee. You said 'behind'. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Jesus Christ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Sloppy Ketchup and TS!

Thank you both for all the wonderful you contribute to my life! =^.^=
    Posted 12 years ago by starrkittyface Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Pot: No he most likely has noticed it for awhile, but just now decided to post something about it. Just like someone may have an idea, but doesn't immediately post it because they either don't have the time, or keep forgetting to post it while they're on.

@Sloppy Ketchup: I'm glad you thought to post this it is the truth and a good example for people who are really unhappy with the changes

@TS and Staff Members: keep up the good work every change makes this game better, some people just don't like change. I normally don't like change, but upgrades are not like normal changes they are awesome changes. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If Glitch had a "Like" button, I'd... probably still not use it. But I'd think about it. Because I agree with all of that. *points to first post* 
    Posted 12 years ago by Kiachan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for saying what I've been thinking, Sloppy Ketchup.  I'm a teacher too, and a little acknowledgement of hard work goes a loooong way towards everyone's mutual happiness :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Clarabelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SK...we might have to have that baby-having disagreement again. Just sayin'. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • See, I tried to say this last week but incredibly less eloquently, so thank you for saying my thank you's. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + gazillion. The game IS awesome and I'm having a blast.
    Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The new updates have made my interest in Glitch skyrocket! Glitch 2.0 in my book.
    Posted 12 years ago by Maestro Mateo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm happy to see so many positive responses!  It's nice to know that some players are still enjoying themselves (and that we speak up too!)
  • Seriously, thanks for saying this :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Elyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love you TS!
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's so nice to see this here. Thanks for sharing it and thank you TS for giving me lots of fun things to do. Everyone needs a little silly joy in their lives.
    Posted 12 years ago by Laerwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderful thread! They really have done a fabulous job. I really love how they tweek all the little things. Please NEVER stop doing that! I hate it when I play games online and the little things are constantly ignored. TS doesn't do that at all. 

Just about an hour ago I was telling my hubby my subscription ends in a few months and I'm already worried about how I'm going to gather enough to subscribe again because EYE MUST!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said SloppyK.  *pats TinySpeck on the back & sticks a gold star on their project book*

And if we do complain, bitch, moan or generally stomp our little feet, I think it's usually because we care. If we didn't love it so much, we probably wouldn't waste our energy complaining... we'd probably just bugger off :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Baffledking Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I kind of feel bad for being one of those rather obnoxious Glitchen. But I do appreciate all of the hard work put in to this game. This is to all of the staff- old, new and "retired". Cheers to another fun year (despite it being half-way into 2012 :)

I also want to mention how the Glitch staff takes the time with each individual, as I have spoken to many of them (And every single one of them have been overly talkative and social, though I do apologize for bothering you on your shifts). Ahhh, thank you once more! 

Oh yeah, and kewl thing with the Glitchr! Bravo, among everything else, I see this connection to Flickr and it made me smile. "Little laughs make a smile!" Not sure if I am using that correctly, but I hope my intention is put across.
    Posted 12 years ago by usterka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great thread! *chiming in* so much effort and thought and awesome things go into this game... and it shows and it pays off. The updates have been great, and I can hardly contain myself when a new one comes out. Thank you, TS.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Honey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Indeed, those TS people do good works. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Pilcrow ♠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree! We're having growing pains, but this is still an awesome game that I play so much my family has started to wonder if I will ever come back to them. (Hey, I did laundry before work today instead of playing! Babysteps!)

So thank you, Bees! and Kevbob and Stoot and every single person who puts their time and effort into this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Likewise, thanks to all the TS team from a small part of the silent majority busy enjoying decorating and upgrading and mining and grinding and cooking and smelting and harvesting and walking and jumping and all the rest ... Sometimes I just I love admiring some of the apparently small but carefully crafted details - like today watching and listening to the new construction tool - that really is a very charming and impressive piece of graphics and audio work there. Thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Molly Bloom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game made me break my promise to NEVER EVER get into MMOs.

I'm not sure whether I hate TS for that or love them :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Synnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch is my stress reliever at the end of each and every day.

Thank you so very much for this wonderful experience.
    Posted 12 years ago by Veghrt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This reminds me of an old Heinz tomato soup advert:  Two people each eating a bowl of tomato soup. One person has a generic brand, and they keep stopping to say how yummy it is, such a good taste etc. The other person eating the Heinz brand says nothing til his bowl is empty :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, thanks, guys. I like your game. I like the old stuff. I like the new stuff. I like public home streets. I like cooking without having to wash dishes. I want a pet sloth now and it's all your fault.

My biggest complaint is that I haven't found any really cool 1600x900 screenshots (or composites) of Callopee or Alakol (or maybe even Groddle Forest) for my desktop. I want Glitch wallpaper, damn it! Rabble rabble wallpaper rabble!
    Posted 12 years ago by Filox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Totally agree with the OP....a GREAT game. What makes it so great? Everyone! From TS, developers, staff, and players. I like the fact that both sides can be heard, that TS wants and appreciates all feedback. Granted, sometimes it can get a little frustrating....but we are in beta afterall.

Here is hoping for much better things to come, with us all wanting the same outcome....which is the BEST game that no one can compare to.

Thanks TS!
    Posted 12 years ago by im4noles2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    :D
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +100.  Thanks for all the incredible hard work.  It was sooo worth it for this great game which I love more all the time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jolycan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Everybody's gotta love some Sloppy Ketchup.  It's a daily dose thing.
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Sloppy Ketchup - you speak for many of us, who hesitate to say anything because of the potential backlash from the haters.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel a bit guilty but I must admit I was anticipating some hate- but as Wittgenstein once said "I was expecting a surprise, and I got none, so I was surprised"... or something to that effect.  

At any rate, when I win Teacher of the Year I'll wear a bacon bra to the award ceremony in honor of all of the lovely people who make and play Glitch.