Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• HAY!

where'd it go?
  • Leave the hay for the horses, please.
    But the sentiment is shared.
    Posted 14 years ago by Sweet Sadie Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It'll be back... but with real numbers and stuff. I accidentally released it onto the alpha site before any of the real (aka hard) work had been done. Soon soon.
    Posted 14 years ago by Mr. Burka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't see yeoz or Tingly on it, knew it had to be not-for-realz.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • just so long as the game has soooooooooooo much cool, interesting, non exclusively competitive stuff going on in the game that the leaderboard doesn't become a primary social focus in the game, i think a leaderboard is alright for the subset of players who choose to shoot for the top.
  • We're planning on having a *lot* of leader boards, as well as more social-group oriented stuff. If you want to collect piggies, you should be able to do that. If you want to explore the world, you should be able to do that. If you want to trade the most sammiches to other players, you should be able to do that. And you should be able to see if you've massaged more butterflies than your friends. Probably!
    Posted 14 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not expecting to be on glitch leaderboards.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "We're planning on having a *lot* of leader boards, as well as more social-group oriented stuff."

is almost everything going to be ranked?

i dunno about turning group building into a sanctioned contest. sounds like we will be bombarded by group invite spam as groups attempt to ascend the board : /
  • i like the way the current leaderboard is set up.

i think it is hilarious that the giants are ranked. there's just something cute and funny about a pantheon of competing "gods".
  • I have a shrine to Humbaba outside my house, and for some reason I cannot articulate, I feel the urge to donate to it every time I have a harvest in my garden. Plus, it's just there and I don't mind rackin' up some brownie points with the 'ol Humbster.
  • I'm not sure whether to feel impressed or embarassed that I rank joint first on achievements ;o)

Oh, how I long to play some more :o)
    Posted 14 years ago by Katrina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i REALLY want to devote a good portion of my game play to advancing a giant up that leaderboard, but i need more infos on their individual personalities first.

more infos!

tho based on the infos so far, Lem is clearly the best.
  • Tell me about it, Lalu, I somehow wound up with a shrine to Lem *inside* my house! It's actually a bit persnickety, and hasn't responded most times I've tried to use it, but I've still taken it as a sign that I must obviously devote myself as a high priestess or something along those lines.

So when the leaderboards came out, I was quite ashamed to see I'm only 5th in his favor, and will be cooking him up some tasty offerings ASAP.
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I should probably switch to focusing more on animal husbandry, based on Humbaba's glyph.

@katlazam--- that is so cool..if only it had a teleportation feature too!

@stri, you may declare Lem the best, but according to the boards, you love Pot best of all.
  • i think Lem is a she, and i'm merely performing a fakeout on Pot in her service.
  • oooh ouch, one place away from the top 10 XP. :/
    Posted 14 years ago by Spatula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so sad that I missed the last testing.. therefore not even at bottom of leaderboard
    Posted 14 years ago by Chelseathing Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's kind of depressing to be embarrassingly low on the leaderboard totem poles... all of them.

Could we have a leaderboard for those of us who are only able to play occasionally? One weighted by time played, perhaps?
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Being atop a leaderboard can have its share of embarrassments.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We need a looking glass leaderboard, where the suckiest shall reign supreme. Last is first! Down is up!
  • we want a leaderboard for least XP gained for number of hours of play time logged!

tho i guess that's already been done .. idlerpg.net/