Topic

Where's Bruce? (2)

Here’s Bruce!

And aww, look! Bruce has a little friend. They’re inseparable. Bruce doesn't appear anywhere these days without her new Rube cubimal. 

Find Bruce!

(Click to enlarge. If you're on a slow connection, you can try this slightly smaller version. Again, click to enlarge.)

(Those of you who like the numbers to refer to can find a numbered version here. I don't have to explain the clicking thing again, right?)

Wish you could see Bruce and the larger image at the same time? Head over to Blitch Mountain, which is NOT a Glitch blog, just a place to dump stuff that the forum can't display. The rest of this post is also over there. 

But watch out for imposters. There are nineteen this time, including one from the last project whom I found wandering around in a confused state, asking for directions to Inari Deeps. One other Glitch also looks like he escaped from the previous edition, which is really weird because according to my records he never even appeared in the first round. Yeah, The Cat Face: I’m making skinny eyes at YOU.

Other fun facts:

According to the feedback I got from last go-around, no one who participates in these things actually tries to find Bruce until she or he has found her or his own self.

One hundred and fifteen different Glitchen appear in this edition of Where’s Bruce? This is about 50 fewer participants than last time, but I made up for it by cloning most of them. Eighty-two Glitchen appear twice, and one shows up three times. If you submitted snapshots of yourself in more than one pose, I put you in more than once.

Roughly half of the participants were repeat victims. Suckers!

Several people submitted snapshots of themselves in teleport pose, and as someone who’s barely coordinated enough to manage an intentional triple jump, never mind get the camera going and the snapshot snapped in that half-second before teleporting, I’m totally impressed. Of course, maybe they just have super laggy connections compared to mine. I’m still impressed.

(Herp Derp also appears in teleport pose but that totally doesn’t count because he submitted a spritesheet rather than a regular snapshot, and of course I picked the most ridiculous pose. That’s what we did last time, too, and I feel pretty committed to portraying him in ridiculous TP pose from now until the end of time.)

Five and a half non-player characters also appear, including a small talkative one whose Brucefication was suggested by Abby Cadabra. Abby was also kind enough to host these images so we don’t have to deal with stupid Picasa’s stupid interface this time. She also did magic things to the original image so it wouldn't take seventeen years to load. Yay Abby! Big thanks on all counts!

And finally, a little story. What do you mean I write stuff that’s too long? You’re still reading, aren’t you?

One day as I was working on this project, a young (level 18 at the time) Glitch appeared randomly on my home street. Her name was zooftra and she looked like this.

Of course being my super subtle and socially-sophisticated self, I immediately had to yell, “You’re looking beautifully Brucey today!” 

There was a pause and then she very politely said, “Um, thank you?” 

And I realized she had not Bruced herself up on purpose. She knew nothing of the Where’s Bruce? project. She was a completely coincidental rogue Bruce. I don’t even know if she’d ever browsed the forums. So of course I took a screenshot and then told her I had to put her in the final picture. I think she was okay with that. So, welcome, zooftra! Our very first inadvertent, possibly involuntary, Bruce. Hooray!

Speaking of reluctant victims, there was one person who caught me on a cranky day and I yelled at her for saying she might not have time to participate. To Magic Monkey I offer an abashed apology for stomping around like a bratty five-year-old just because you happen to have a real life. 

Once again, thanks to all who participated. I wanted to give the repeat victims gold stars but all I had were asterisks.

>^.^<
Abby Cadabra
absolute
Akahana
*a lifted pixel
*Ama Gad
*Ambadastor
Amelia-Fae
Anthropocene
A Predictable Fate
Aw, sloth knockers!
Ayasta
*b3achy
BBHawk
Beans, Obviously
beBlueberry
Beetlebug
*Bexley
Boniferous
*Brib Annie
Bunnykins
Calamity Snood
cam cam
*Candy Warhol
Carthago Creases
Classical
*Cleops
*Coconut
CoveredinFish
*crème
*Dr. Babycat
Duck Bill Platty
Ellis Bell
Empyreal
ennuienta
Eriol
Fern Connelly
*Fnibbit
genjibeat
glum pudding
gRegorLove
harriette
*Herp Derp
*indiewindi
ippa
*Itsatrap
*Jesus Christ
*Jewel Stoned
*Jezebel
*Jibbify
*Justalice999
kastlin
koolaroo
Lazy Cubimal
Lettuce
*Liathea
litlc
*Little Miss Giggles
Loki Laufeyson
*Lord Bacon-o
Lorikeet
Loupin
LulaJanenelle
Magic Monkey
*Mal’akh
*matrix
Melismata Rookwood
*Metra
*Miachia
*mira gaia maia
Misha
Miss Cailia
Miss Peacock
Mocha Maid
*Mr. Mindor
muffin
MX Ghostie
*natsumi
*Nonoftat
*Not a Princess
*Nureyev
*Ooola
*Oristia
Otto Otto
Pale Queen
*Pascale
*Pearl
Pii
*PinkyDeath
*plou
*Puzz
*Reida
*Riverwalker
*Saro
satarell
*Siderian
*Sirentist
*Sped
spotlightgirl
Squiggle-Squee
Super Jeebs
Swoooo
syntax error
Terco
The Cat Face
the Countess
Tonya
*unicyclr
*Varaeth
*Vastra
*Virginia Moon
*Voluptua Sneezelips
Wrench
zooftra

P.S. Some people have changed their names since submitting snapshots. Let me know if you want me to put your new name in. I considered trying to keep track but yeah. Didn't happen.

Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• So cool, you nailed it again! Now I'm sad that I never got around to brucing it up. You should do Tomasco Roko next! it's such a great location :D
    Posted 12 years ago by La Mariposa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's a black and white star for everyone! ✪

Great fun and amazing work Sirentist and everyone else!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Scarlett Bearsdale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love how Helga looks! Will there be a 3rd edition?
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is hard, I can't find Bruce. But still frickin awesome!
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found bruce!
    Posted 12 years ago by Boobug♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I found Bruce more than once... with Rube cubimal. Fantastic job!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome sirentist! woot! ;)

( my apologies that I didn't get my pic in this time! ) .
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ♥♥Love it as always!!♥♥

Fingers crossed for the twitter recognition THIS time ;)  Big hugs and a huge ^5...Brilliantly done as usual, and so amazing that you did this again!  
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's only one "real" Bruce with the Rube cubimal. There are also some fakes with Rube cubimals. 

And yes, there will be a third edition ... eventually!
  • This is THE BEST, fakeout decoy Bruces and all! I am terrible at finding games but totally able to find myself (and, inexplicably, zooftra), so I'm going to pretend that was the sole purpose of this exercise.
    Posted 12 years ago by Melismata Rookwood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <bows down to Sirentist> This is fantastic! Thanks for letting me be part of it!
    Posted 12 years ago by MX Ghostie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • P.S. Helga Bruce was kind of traumatizing to draw the stripey shirt on because it meant I had to trace her uniboob again and again. I'm still kind of recovering from that.
  • Wow, you did a fantastic job there! And you managed to cut me out of my silly backgrounds and dress Ludwig up all Brucey as well! I'm in awe.
    Posted 12 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :O this is awesome
    Posted 12 years ago by MonkeyPantz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is that piglet...?
    D:
    Posted 12 years ago by indiewindi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderful job. I love how you 'signed' it RIGHT. SMACK. IN. THE. MIDDLE.

:D
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I CANNOT wait to be part of number 3!! Amazing job!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Calamity Snood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm 61 and 101, and I swear Bruce is in there twice... Where do answers go, anyway? I don't think I'm going to be that guy here :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is awesome! Thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so totally fine with being included, and I also love the completely crazy coincidence. :D  now to go find both myself and the true Bruce.
    Posted 12 years ago by zooftra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brucefying Ludwig was Abby Cadabra's idea. I'm proud of how I managed to pull it off but it was her inspiration!

I swear there's only one real Bruce! There are other imperfectly-matching Bruces with Rube cubimals, and other perfectly-matching Bruces without Rube cubimals, but there is only one real Bruce with the Rube cubimal. HONEST!
  • amazing as always :-D

yes, you are right that I didn't start looking for Bruce until I found myself :-P
    Posted 12 years ago by Lettuce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THIS IS A TERRIBLE PROJECT AND I HATE IT AND YOU.  Nevertheless, Ludwig Brucegenstein is basically the greatest thing ever.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love it!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • FANTASTIC!  I'm mind-boggled.  "OMG a baby?!" made me laugh.  Best part :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Again!  Well done!  I love these, can't wait for Bruce 3!
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • mad props for Helga's shirt!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lorikeet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so many yellow pants! LOVE IT! Glad to see butter-bruce was put in ;) U ROCK SIRENTIST! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hua Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow - brilliant!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love love love love love! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Candy Warhol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So awesome. I really wanted to participate but never got the time. Looking forward to v3.0!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ziti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found Bruce!
    For ages I couldn't see the difference between actual Bruce and one of the decoys, but I got there eventually! XD

And you're right, I totally found myself before looking for Bruce. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Loki Laufeyson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need more Brucetime to do your work justice. Thank you for doing this--it's a real treat, even if you do force us to wear the most ridiculous outfits. Hmph.

And I must confess...I think my fave minigame here is 'where's Varaeth', since he's hard to spot without his signature chicken hat. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Found Bruce!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mocha Maid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!

Thanks for all the positive feedback! It warms the cockles of my cold black heart. 

Okay I only said that because it gives me a legitimate reason to say cockles. Heh. Cockles.

Wait, butter-bruce? What? What is butter-bruce?
  • Great stuff as always! I'm so happy Bruce and the Supremes made it in there:) I am always happy to be a victim/model.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazeballs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoooo thanks for doing this again
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well done! I'm happy to have participated this time round (entrant #93). Putting Helga amongst the identically-haired Bruce Supremes was a good touch.
    Posted 12 years ago by A Predictable Fate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing, just like last time!  As long as you keep doing these, I'll be joining.
    Posted 12 years ago by a lifted pixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still stuck on what Hua meant by "butter-Bruce."

Also, why has no one admired Still Bruce? Still Bruce is the BEST PART. Aside from all the other best parts, I mean.
  • Is 'butter-Bruce' Hua's Butterfly Bruce

Great work (again) Sirentist - love it :D
    Posted 12 years ago by bergamot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woo, found myself, and (I think) the one true Bruce. Glad to be a part of this, but a bit bummed that this wasn't the snap of me that was used. Next time, maybe!
    Posted 12 years ago by Wrench Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what fun!
    Posted 12 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink