Topic

Where have all the piggies gone?

I just realized there seems to be a sever deficiency of piggies out in the game world. There are almost 4000 chickens outside of home streets but only 400 piggies. I rarely walk past one anymore, and the world seems lonelier without them. Where did they all go?

Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • People spend WAY too much time doing the routes, and no time in the world. Trees are not being maintained, and piggies die without being pet and fed.  I can only imagine they are dying.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How can you tell if a piggy has died in a street?
  • Yes.  Pigs do not eat from trees.  They eat the leavings of people's tree harvests.  If trees are not harvested often enough on a street, the pigs die, even though luscious food hangs just our of their reach overhead.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TIME TO MAKE MOAR PIGGIES :D
    Posted 12 years ago by LinkHyliadz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Newer players doing the "Hogtie Some Hoggies" quest might also be contributing.

ETA: Reirei Umezaki: When a piggy dies, it leaves behind some meat or a corn seed packet.
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a way for us to plant trees?
    To increase people's desire to visit a street.
    Plus pigs can be captured and chickens and butterflies can't.
    (I dont want to make pigs that people are going to capture...)

Maybe they should 'respawn' the pigs in a region every month...
    Or have them not die out...
    Posted 12 years ago by Harvey Donnager Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I have about, 1,200 in my house, do you want me to put them back? Sorry, I was going to eat them but I didn't have time. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty sure players create most of the piggies found in Ur. With the new players coming in I expect hogtieing etc has thinned the Ur stock.

Time to fire up my old AK centric alt & release 100 piggies :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator 5 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol @ OMG BACON
    Posted 12 years ago by Pippette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just released of couple of piggies today, but I'm not sure if they'll survive. :(
  • Don't players create ALL the piggies in Ur?

And anyway, I like to keep my piggies safe, warm, and fed in my house.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll just add this to my list of reasons why Home Streets are destroying Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jewel Stoned Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't forget that there are also a lot more players in world interacting with the pigs. You can keep pigs as fed as well as you like, they will still die after a finite number of interactions.
    Posted 12 years ago by Addi Bee~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm. Time to release more piggies in the Aranna street I've adopted.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am the great and powerfull super villain of Ur- out to nap all the piggies on streets- all because of my broken heart- I need the bacon to cheer me up.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mt Dew Me Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Long time passing~

Gone to meat piles, every one--

*ahem* Sorry.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Annuska - go to your room! LOL!

I spent currants to buy pig bait and then I moved all my piggies to my backyard. The thought of having them stolen prompted me to do this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Might we make a day soon.. perhaps this coming Saturday or Sunday, as a Piggy Profusion Occasion?  I have definitely noticed a serious dUrth of our little porcine pals the last few days when camera hopping about Ur.  I'm not a good organizer (well.. actually that's all I do in my rl j.o.b.), but would be willing to spend a day's worth of time and energy to help repopulate.  What think you, bacon lovers?
    Posted 12 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I noticed this too and released about 30 extra piggies into Groddle Forest where I figure they're most likely to survive (but also be pignapped?). In remoter areas where there are no pigs (and not many glitches) I doubt they would survive long. Perhaps we need 'pigwatch' to take care of the piggies for each region?!
    Posted 12 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Princess Fi wrote: Might we make a day soon.. perhaps this coming Saturday or Sunday, as a Piggy Profusion Occasion?
     geekybird wrote: I noticed this too and released about 30 extra piggies into Groddle Forest where I figure they're most likely to survive 

I don't think it's a good idea. They died before, why would they survive now? With so many piggies on Home Streets, they are not needed in the wild anymore. 

I agree that is sad, but it doesn't make it any less true
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not everyone travels the routes. Some of us still like being out in the world and pigs are needed.
    Posted 12 years ago by ♥shay♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This group "rescues" uncared-for pigs, which may explain a lot of the disappearances. 
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Plus pigs can be captured and chickens and butterflies can't.

Chickens & Butterflies can be captured, too. Just in a different way (via animal youth potion). 
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good to know Vera. :]
    Posted 12 years ago by Harvey Donnager Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The PIG group does NOT remove pigs from UR streets with trees and traffic. We do NOT remove them from people's home streets.We DO remove them from, for example, boggy areas where there are no trees and relocate them to tree streets (unless street is all wood; piggies can't eat wood). We often make and fill feeders and leave them on home streets whose piggies are not near trees. I made one this morning in fact.
    We also don't steal people's butterflies and chickens.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Mollie But how do you decide if a street is high traffic enough to support pigs? 'Cause the rest of us have no clue where you're getting your data - or are you just guessing?
    Posted 12 years ago by Raw Toast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • glum pudding, I think it was very uncalled for you to accuse a group of stealing pigs.

And the group probably just moves the pigs from where they can't live at all to where they could possibly live. Common sense. 
  • That's right, Reirei. On both counts.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, accusing the PIG group of stealing all the piggies in Ur wasn't very nice.  As a member of that group I have moved many pigs from treeless streets (Shimla Mirch I"m looking at you), and on treed streets moved them from untreed islands or rocky clefts where they have no access to food.  We captured as many as we could find in the old housing quarters in their final days; all of those pigs went to public streets.  I've never heard of anyone taking a pig from the game world on a theory that not enough people are walking a particular street.  We aren't making off with pigs. 
    Posted 12 years ago by oscarette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's me; I try to bag at least a few pigs a week to sell on auction, if for no reason that +50/img per capture is nothing to sneeze at.
    But I cannot imagine that it's ALL just me. :)

I'll start making piggy eggs to atone for my sins.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the idea of adopting a street to maintain, Malakh!
    Posted 12 years ago by chilirlw Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There should be a new feat "Bring back the Piggies" where in 1000 new piggies should be born.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rhypher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • According to the glitch remote:
    The greatest number of piggies in an Ur Street is 13,,, 13!!!!
            While the greatest number of Piggies in a homestreet is 44!!!

The Link
    http://www.glitchremote.com/#Location://Piggy/
    Posted 12 years ago by Rhypher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sad piggies definitely happen faster in a street than at home,

--Me
    Posted 12 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Until the streets of Ur are repopulated with Glitchen I really still don't see the point of repopulating them with piggies. There are fewer piggies because they are not surviving. They will just die again. 

When we relaunch and we have thousand of Glitch roaming the Ur streets I will help you repopulate with piggies. Until then any piggies released to the wild are doomed, and will suffer the same fate as those that have already starved to death
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been stockpiling eggs to release around Ur because the lack of pigs saddens me too. I'll be happy to hand them out to anyone who wants to hatch them in the world.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ROFL did someone actually accuse a whole group of stealing pigs??

First, if the pig is in the wild, it isnt stealing. And I doubt they are stealing piggies off homestreets. But I'll leave that alone because Mollie already explained all that.

Piggies die. They get pig-napped (for lack of a better word) Its just a fact of life on Ur. Simply make and release more.

Homestreets have nothing to do with it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Serenity's Mommy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the most piggies on an UR street is 11 while the most on a home street is 44! please go to UR streets and harvest, release, hatch, feed, pet, piggies! put piggies in day care homes untill you find a good tree land for them!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think there are plenty of pigs out there . in UR, I mean .. keep off the home streets and take a walk . :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Nefer Nefer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe this pig depopulation problem is natural and just part of the worldwide unavoidable bacon shortage I've been reading about.
    Posted 12 years ago by Daphne Dewwright Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Where have all the piggies gone?
    Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Girls have picked them every one
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?
    Posted 12 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Serenity's Mommy: Home Streets have EVERYTHING to do with it.  People aren't walking out in Ur because they are only walking Home Streets.  If there are more people playing Glitch, that will mean more people walking Home Streets.  Home Streets have more resources, and you can teleport around them for free.  You don't even need to go to Ur to do the new quests or collect coins.  When everything is easier to do on a Home Street, then what is the point of Ur?

Seriously, Home Streets need to be nerfed - the imbalance is ruining the game.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jewel Stoned Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I second what Jewel said, wholeheartedly.
  • Whenever anybody says that something is 'ruining the game' it seems like selective nostalgia is kicking in.  It ain't like it used to be, oh no!

There are other creative 'solutions' to the (trumped up?) problem:

Quoin multipliers should be nerfed or simply done away with, because people are off spending all their time grabbing quoins, and not on the traditional Ur streets where the piggies languish.

Mini-game cards should be eliminated, because people are spending their time off in little instanced sub-worlds and not in the bigger social world.

Ur should be nerfed, because the future is Home Streets and the Ur-world is obsolete.   All we need is one Cebarkul somewhere and the rest of it can be deleted.  The poor piggies are dying there, and nobody uses it anyway anymore.

For the record, I wouldn't want to see these changes made.  My point isn't that these are all the best and most viable 'solutions to the problem' so much as that they are examples of directions the game could take, and they are just as viable as 'nerfing the Home Streets.'

The game is being ruined!  The sky is falling!  It isn't like it was back when things were so cool!  We need to 'fix' the problems those Devs have made by screwing things up with changes!
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dorgan, the home streets can have too many resources, IMO. (just my opinion).  I honestly think a home street should not be able to have more resources than an Ur street.  Why should my one street be able to have 4 times more trees, probably 5 times more piggies, and lord knows how many more butterflies.

If it was limited to work the same as Ur, that would be helpful.  No reason to mess with the other stuff.
  • Don't nerf home streets, just add more value to Ur at large to make it so we need to go out into the world.

Also, we have to remember our perspective as long time players is much different than those just starting out. I do think when we are out of re-beta that there will be much more activity in the streets. When I'm out and about I mainly see level 15 and below players.
    Posted 12 years ago by QueenKellee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THE SKY IS FALLING?
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'm guilty of contributing to the topic drift on this thread.

A Nerf the Home Streets topic is worthy of it's own thread. There is a strong undercurrent there that bears examining.

This one is for the piggies.
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Jewel

If you decide to only go to home streets and never venture out into Ur again, thats your problem, not the games or the devs problem.

I venture out into Ur quite a bit, since there are still streets I havnt explored, treees to be pet and harvested, and the scenery is quite nice.

Its not fair to scream home streets are ruining the game when it is our personal choice whether we go out into the world or just use sign posts for resources.

Home streets dont need to be nerfed, and they arent a problem.

You dont like that no one goes out into Ur anymore? Well, by means, GO EXPLORE. Change begins with you.

But dont sit there and say no one goes into Ur, because that is simply not true. I for one would be quite sad and quite bored if they got rid of the world of Ur and all the streets.
    Posted 12 years ago by Serenity's Mommy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nostalgia and community aside, it's all just art.  I appreciate the art of the home streets just as much as I do the other stuff, and I appreciate it in new ways because players add to the beauty of it.  Community... stuff like quoin sharding helps that, and I really do think they've got more in store for us along the lines of getting us together sharing things.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3