Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 Next
  • Goodbye, Glitch. You will live on in our hearts forever. Thank you, Tiny Speck, and fellow Glitchens for making the greatest game ever.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zakir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for such a wonderful game! I lobe you all! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Marley Cuddles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot, bees, all the staff, all of the players, everyone...you're wonderful.  Thank you for Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Lemon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does this mean we aren't getting HOT TUBS, stoot?!?!?

Thanks for a great 20 months of milx and piggies and heli kittehs and tons of fun and laughter with new and old friends.

Thanks for being in game and playing with us!!
    Thanks for the memories, TS.
    (big hugs)
    Posted 11 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To Glitch staff: I joined on October 31st in the wee hours of the morning, and never have I been able to forget Glitch since that day. The time I spent playing were some of the most enjoyable I have had. Everything about the game was so great; the art, the music, the helpful Staff/Guides, the witty nonsense everything and every creature programed into that world had to say about the player, the Giants, and each other. You are a unique set of people who put a lot of love into what you do and I hope you go on to create more wonderful things.

To the Glitch community: I wasn't the most vocal or social player, but reading Global and the occasional participation was always lots of fun! Thank you to everyone who was helpful and patient with me. I really loved how the Glitch community could come together and just have a great time being themselves! 

That last feat was really fun, and every team I joined and followed or lead was just great, and I enjoyed hanging out with you fine people until the wee hours of the morning. Max Flux, HeartRN, BerylCrest, Shroomy, Botsy, Existenz, Ishtartlet, and anybody I didn't manage to get screenshots of who joined me that night: ya'll are lovely folks. CeanaRose: here's hoping you master that phone of yours ;). bryceop: We couldn't hang much but I enjoyed it and only wish I could have been more helpful. Not a Princess: Thank you for being my Guide and showing me a thing or two before the wifi connection on the train dropped out and I had to bail on you. And everyone else I got to spend a little time with playing this wonderful game; Beteneto, Common, Danakins, Eliza Kelty, Keechie, mothnode, rorschach, Spooch, Thropmorton, & Zero Byte: it's been a crazy 40 days and I don't remember exactly how I met every single one of you, but I know it was grand! I hope you find new things to play and more people to interact with and infect with that wonderful, helpful Glitchy spirit ;)

And Max Flux! I'm sorry I couldn't join you at the end of Ur! I was on my way when the server dropped me during the loading screen to Soleu Lucii with three minutes left and I couldn't get back in. It was really great exploring the hidden locations with you and talking past 2AM. Maybe if there are Glitch gatherings in the Bay Area, I can manage to get out there and we can hang for real to make up for it! Hope to see you around AIM/Yahoo soon! (P.S.: We're terrible parents and....
    IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN).

(FB: /neimand.hahadyslexia)
    (AIM: solikoa)
    (Skype: karcenbi)

-Neimand, the Glitchen formerly known as omgvt
    Posted 11 years ago by Neimand Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I joined, I didn't even think that Glitch might one day shut down.  I played for a few days, then quit because my laptop was having problems keeping up.  

I never should have taken this game for granted.  I never, ever should have quit.

Thank you, Tiny Speck, for creating this game.  It was wonderful while it lasted.  I wish I could have been there for Glitch's last hours.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eighis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took for granted that this experiment would be a success.  Until the very end(and I mean 4 hours before the end) I didn't quite believe this would happen ... and then I came home from work and everyone is sad.  I will miss this place for my entire life.

Goodbye, Glitch.
    Goodbye, Ur.
    Goodbye.
    Posted 11 years ago by Everybody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really miss Glitch already, I was hoping it wouldnt close.
    I wish you guys would have advertised to get the numbers into the game as Im sure the financial side of this side truly was endless, just look at how much the book is making???

I am still hopeful the owners reconsider this decision.
    I have a very stressful job and glitch truly was my escape.

-feeling lost-
    Posted 11 years ago by ChellJen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cry and want to say ... i don't want to say goodbye :'(
    Thank you very much for all
    Posted 11 years ago by Selle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game was stunning and amazing. I've encountered some of the most wonderful people via this game. Everyone's been so kind and inviting and helpful. Even if the time was brief with some of them, I felt very connected through this game. Even if we were just small avatars in a flash game, it felt like everyone treated each other fairly - remembering that there were humans behind the screen playing these other glitchen as well. That seems to be a rare event on the internet and it was such a breath of fresh air.

Not only was the playerbase remarkable, the staff were phenomenal, as well. While I didn't have many chances of encounter or chat, what I did have, everyone was very kind and respectful. They felt like another person in the game, it just so happened they were the ones helping to share this imaginative setting. Bug reports were responded to professionally and promptly and I never felt like I was being talked down to.

The game itself was visually pleasing on so many levels. The different lands were unique and imaginative. Even elements that weren't my "favorite," were still enjoyable. Not only that, even things I was wary about with changes, grew on me over time and I could understand the reasoning. Besides, there were so many options to do with your character, that a person could always mix it up. I appreciated that part of the game play. You didn't need to just pick one area and stick with it, you could expand and find your niche. Get bored of that? Move on to something else. Or take a break and come back, returning to new material and new ideas.

I loved everything about this game. The people, the imagination, the story. It all wove together in a brilliant way and helped me through some hard times. So, Stoot, Staff and everyone I did (and didn't!) encounter in this game, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the time I had with all of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hanekoma Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sad it's all over. Loved to time I spent on this game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tea Time Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was a beautiful adventure. Still, too short. Farewell little Glitch, thank you for everything. Hope to meet you somewhere in the future. Farewell friends Glitchians. Goodbye Magic Rock.
    Posted 11 years ago by PyP0 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are places I remember/ All my life, though some have changed/ Some forever not for better /Some have gone and some remain /All these places have their moments/ With lovers and friends I still can recall/ Some are dead and some are living/ In my life I've loved them all /But of all these friends and lovers/ There is no one compares with you /And these memories lose their meaning /When I think of love as something new /Though I know I'll never lose affection /For people and things that went before /I know I'll often stop and think about them /In my life I love you more /Though I know I'll never lose affection /For people and things that went before /I know I'll often stop and think about them/ In my life I love you more/ In my life I love you more

~In My Life, The Beatles
    <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Keechie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A blog post about the end of Glitch:
    nextbison.wordpress.com/201...
    Posted 11 years ago by Emija Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So sad. Thank you soooo much for this game. I loved it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jodi the Giggler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you missed the end. check out...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6P...
    Posted 11 years ago by Gonjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still can't believe Glitch is gone. Out of all the games I have played (and I've played a lot) Glitch by far had the best community and best staff of any. The art, the community, the staff...it will all be missed. Love and blessings to everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tilwithe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch. You were my favorite browser game ever. I'll miss you. Please come back in some form some day. 
    Posted 11 years ago by LeelooMina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so very sad that this is over.  I miss it terribly already.  Thank you, creators, for this wonderful weird world.  I hope it will return someday.  Goodbye, Ur.  You were incredible.
    Posted 11 years ago by appledash Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww Keechie, ty.. such a sweet song - and so apt..
    Posted 11 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 10 years from Game NeverEnding to Glitch. I'll wait 10 years for the next one.

It'll be worth it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will always miss you, Glitch
    Posted 11 years ago by Desh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still cant believe it is closed. There is no game that may replace Glitch. I will miss you and wait to come back some day.............
    Posted 11 years ago by bumz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When someone has time (shyeah right) Could you please post video of the final minutes. I crashed and missed the last words of "god" and GNG. Prolly just as well, I was crying enough already.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kitsune Kyomoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *Gets on knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Posted 11 years ago by Smoreso Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh and someone elses last mins! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PQdJC84FQ
  • copy and paste if nessasary
  • Nooo! So that means that Glitch is over forever? But, thanks for my amazing adventure here! :( ♥
    Posted 11 years ago by Linn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Giants favor page is all gone now. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just wanted to swing by and say that I miss Glitch.

I see there are litte online communities, chatrooms. FB and G+ pages popping up with which to connect with others, but it still feels more real to come here and say a few words.
    Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch. I will never forget you and will miss you preposterously. xx
    Posted 11 years ago by Talia True Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was just starting to get to the point that I wasn't automatically going to the game every hour.  And now I'm being taunted by getting an e-mail saying I just finished a skill and I should go choose another one... :-(
    Posted 11 years ago by Freedu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have mourned like I didn't think I would.  Like all that we have loved and lost, or at least for me, I had greatly mispredicted how the unimagining would affect me.  

Now I know how it feels to have visited a wonderful land that has since been *poofed* off the map.  It's very unfun.

The gorgeous diversification of my brain through all my experiences here is a great treasure.  May the art continue to be shared.
    Posted 11 years ago by SallySomeone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I miss the rooks already. ;_;
    Posted 11 years ago by Guider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for Glitch.
    All the best to your present and future endeavors, Tiny Speck.
    Posted 11 years ago by ScarletRed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nothing seems to be enough to say. So I'll ask all the questions in my heart.

Will you ever restore Glitch? Can I know what items I had in my house, how my butler looked, and stuff like that? I'm creating a little thing to help myself remember everything.

I want to remember it all. Every crazy detail. This must be the most I've downloaded since... life. I don't know how we can just release you. Rise again someday. I wish I had the money to support you. I wish I knew how to honor you well. I would like to say the Chinese farewell instead of the english. Because it means "see you again." Zai jian, Glitch. May we meet later in life.
    Posted 11 years ago by RachiCat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never even got to experience a Glitch birthday....
    Posted 11 years ago by Guider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I guess this means there's Glitch in heaven now ;-)
    Posted 11 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone heard news of a mobile release or anything? I've only heard rumors. Nothing official.
    Posted 11 years ago by mothchild Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Anything is possible. What is not forgotten is never really lost."
    Posted 11 years ago by Caelus Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 Next