Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
  • Glitch was great fun, it's upsetting to see it go. Thank you for everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by booksbyrabbits Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In case I didn't say it - love you all !!!! - all you lovely devs and players and forum contributors!
    Posted 11 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just, thank you. Thanks for the fun. And the smiles. And the hope. Glitch is sorta the way I want my world to work. Now that I've at least seen it in action, I guess it's up to me. You helped and I will always be grateful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ysidril Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch, it was fun whilst it lasted, and I'm sorry to see you go the way of many online games. It would be fantastic to see you return someday, it really would.
    For now, I believe some music will be the best way to describe our feelings towards this terrible end of such an artistically and imaginative game. LINK
    Posted 11 years ago by Psylenc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • life is a journey
    Posted 11 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i know i have posted this in another thread, but this sums up what i have to say about it.

last farewell to groddle

it will be a sadder, poorer, darker world without glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye, Glitch. I loved U so moisch. ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr. Babycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • goodbye. I feel like I have lost a really dear friend. This is way too sad on so many levels. Bye everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Scatje Subscriber! | Permalink
  • dear speckians of tiny,

thank you for what you have created and for the canvas you built that allowed others to create even more.  what you have done here is so grandimous that the rules of karma alone guarantee you wonderful rewards.  i sincerely and heartily wish and pray that your rewards will fall upon you NOW.  you deserve it.

XOXO here and now and then and there
    and, NO, i am not crying
    there is something in my eye
    ::sniff::
    ::BAWL!::
    Posted 11 years ago by crème Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye glitch, a true friend that will never be forgotten.
    Posted 11 years ago by Æther Toast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • FWIW, I really enjoyed the time I spent here before I ragequit.

I especially appreciated how supportive most of this community was to me and the causes I care about.

*hugs to all of you*
    Posted 11 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wish I had been able to spend more of the last few weeks in-game. Just thinking about my dear Glitch has made me sad enough to avoid it, and now I regret it. I will never regret the many, many hours I have spent in this game before now, though, and I wouldn't miss the end of the world for anything. 

Thank you for everything, and I will never forget this truly preposterous game. I will dearly miss it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by elekanahmen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If ever there is a time at which the employees who made this terrific world sit back and wonder if it was all worth it, just show them this entire thread and they'll know;
    it was worth every second.
    Posted 11 years ago by Psylenc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with elekanahmenisarook completely.
    Posted 11 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I haven't been here for long, I got an invite only a couple of days before the announcement was made, but I love this world.  I'm sorry it couldn't give you all that you needed it to, but know that it gave us something beautiful and wonderful and I'm glad to have been a part of it while it was around. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Wolfess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @flask:  Wonderful! What a fitting goodbye song/video. What a wonderful community we have here. With so many talented, creative, caring and fun-loving people. :')
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so...yeah, I'm cool with glitch being shut down (yeah, I'm drunk and it's four am local time, but still, I'm cool with it). I've been reading the various threads about how sad everyone is about glitch being shut down, and about all the ways people are purposing to keep it going and yet, I'm cool with it being shut down. I'm only at level 30 but I don't feel like I've accomplished anything really since new housing. It took me awhile to get my first house and I felt like I actually accomplished something, I had a house with limits. I had to organize and discard if I had too much (sometimes my house wouldn't load because I had so much stuff, a sure sign I needed to get rid of some clutter) then I was given a house that didn't have limits (in comparison to the old house), or at least I never bothered to reach those limits, because I just didn't care to. I tried various approaches to keep myself interested in the game: quests, achievements, my own personal goals, etc, but I can say pretty sincerely that I just didn't care as much as I did earlier in the game. I'm not saying I didn't like glitch, I did (and still do), but I don't think I would have played it as much in the future anyway, and I know I wouldn't have ever subscribed because I just don't care about what my glitch looks like or how I dress it and everything else I can do for free. Basically what I'm getting at is, it was fun while it lasted. I had fun, I hope you had fun, but yeah, I'd rather see it go out now as something I might remember rather than just forget about it in a few years.

Also, I'm the person that keeps renaming the chickens in gooliv naven to baby farts and lether fetish. And! during the chicken STEVE epidemic I helped name chickens STEVE and Kupah, (or whatever it was) just because I thought it was funny how annoyed people got over this. I have no idea who started it but; carry on STEVE, carry on!
    Posted 11 years ago by Daphnia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a long strange trip it's been.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really want to go in and say farewell today but I'm having a really hard time making myself do it. Don't want to say goodbye :-(
    Posted 11 years ago by PurpleJuju Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This may have already been asked (and answered), but will the forums be going down at the same time too?  Is there a place for all the refugees to go when that happens so that we can all still maintain a little slice of what made Glitch, Glitch, which was the community?  I'm going to miss this crazy place.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sroxah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They'll be open at least until the end of the year

www.glitch.com/closing/
    " The website and forums will remain available until the end of the year"
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye UR... I'll miss you :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Papilula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Today is the saddest in a long time
    Posted 11 years ago by Bordois Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel really sad right now. I stopped playing Glitch a week before the announcement because of real life duties, and coming back to discover that it's closing... I really regret not being able to spend the remaining days of Ur with my Glitch. It was a long run, and a good and fun one too; never have I found a game where everyone is very warm and welcoming.

I guess, this may sound cheesy, but, even as Ur starts to vanish from the minds of these Giants, I, for one, will never forget the day this dream began, and I'll always be telling a tale about the legacy that sprang and changed the way we define the terms "game" and "community".

Well, I never imagined that I'd ever say this, but, farewell, Ur. 
    It. Was. Fun.
    Posted 11 years ago by Naifere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's closing tonight, what a pity.
    Enjoyed this game, really, I bet if there was more exposure about this game, it would do well :)
    Regards to the team.
    Posted 11 years ago by reinsimmy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As soon as my kid's done with my laptop, I'm jumping in-game for one final day of fun and hijinx...look for me tearing it up around the streets of Ur!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dahlia DreadNaught Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bringing question about shutdown: i know i read abotu this but time is short and i am still trying to take screenshots of things.

the forums and website will still be up after close for a time.

will we be able to get sprite sheets then?

archived looks?

will we be able to get into encyclopedia to see the badges and items?

i know the answers are buried in the forums here, but as i said, time is short and i'm budgeting the last hours best i can. i do not want to waste time on things that will be available later.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm really sad to see Glitch go. I didn't play all that much over the years, but the game was always so charming and warm. The thought of it closing down never occurred to me, and now that it's actually happening I'm just left wishing I'd done more. At the very least, I suppose, I can be there for the end.

Thank you all for making such a wonderful little game. It'll be sorely missed. :<
    Posted 11 years ago by Arturia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to all the developers and players and to Stoot who took the time to talk may your footfall leave an impression 
    Posted 11 years ago by Phochai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS for an epic game experience and for a wonderful world to hide from the harsh real world ;) I'll miss it sooo very much!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Porcelain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It really hasn't hit me until today....my day is colored with somberness.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As a GNE refugee, Glitch truly felt like home. Even though I have never been a really social person, I could manage in Glitch. Sometimes I would run away from people but I still enjoyed it, I'm just shy sometimes...

Now that the end is... neigh? ..ahem.. I know I have to play one last time. It's hard to say that. Even harder to do. But I have snaps to take and I need to see all the places I'll miss the most. I think I'll put my house in order and pet a Helikitty as the end comes.. Yeah, that'll do...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jezebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for Ur... it was truly precious <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Alice H Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you one and all. It was truly a blast!
    Posted 11 years ago by Finners Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch is the first and only MMP game I've ever played. My husband has a few PC games he enjoys, but I've never been a 'gamer' and always thought of time online as a waste. I've *loved* my time here, but funny enough my husband played a bit and then refused to continue- his reason being that "I could easily get sucked in and lose hours of my life, it's just so great!" So there you go, Glitch is (was- *sob*) loved by gamers and non-gamers alike.

Thanks Tiny Speck!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Honey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bye Glitch :( Thanks for everything!
    Posted 11 years ago by MeganSW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch, I hope you appear again some day!
    Posted 11 years ago by Aaru Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I won't be there for the closure, for me it will be 4am ans real life won't allow me to stay up all night. 
    So goodbye to you all, and thank you TS for giving me a wonderful and memorable 18 months :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to miss this game so much.  Thank you for everything!  This was a truly special game, and it can never be replaced.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caedrik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So I'll take this opportunity to thank TS and everyone associated with the game including the players to thank you for a wonderful time and loads of wonderful memories.  Testing was fun albeit frustrating at times, it was still great fun when you reminder yourself you were a testor.  I wish you only the best in your future and know that someone we'll probably meet again.  Time has shown me that.   Happy trails!
    Posted 11 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye and thank you. It was an amazing time for so many reasons.

I hope to see the like again sometime somewhere......

xxx
    Posted 11 years ago by Sonneratti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I posted something in this thread way back when the closure announcement was first made, but just for the last-day record: thank you all for Glitching.

I've been spending a lot of the last days going completist on as many remaining places as possible, and just marveling at all the gorgeous work that went into just figuring out the geography/geology/ecology of this world. It's really a thing of beauty.

I haven't been the most sociable of Glitchlings (I'm friendly enough, just oddly shy with strangers), but know that I'm glad to have shared this beautiful dream with all of you.

Go in peace, Glitchlings!
    Posted 11 years ago by DennyKozlov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch has the BEST online community I have ever witnessed. It can never be replaced. I love you guys so much it hurts. This beautiful insane game came before it's time, and it downright depresses me to see it go. The reactions to its end are the most heart-wrenching of all. In any other game this thread would be full of anger and resentment but here people are simply...sad. I don't think any game could have evoked a more powerful collective emotional response than Glitch. 
    TS, you guys made an amazing game and I look forward to seeing how you channel that talent in the future. Glitchen, you guys are just fucking awesome. Thanks for making my time worth it. 
    This is really, really hard to say but...goodbye!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Melisandre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No one will see this, left as it is on this final day, but I needed to say how much I've loved being here.

And to everyone here, Glitchen and TS, never stop being your creative, crazy, beautiful, ribald, amazing selves! Show the real world what life can be like when there is comfort, stillness and above all, wonder.
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game was fantastic. It was so creative and inspiring. Everyone was so Friendly. I can't believe it's really closing in the  next few hours. No game will ever come close to touching this. Thank you Tiny Speck for all you have done. Maybe one day Glitch could reopen. That would make me so happy. Thanks again. This game was absolutely preposterous. And yet, I really loved it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by DanifC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for this wonderful world! I will miss it greatly! Farewell fellow Glitchen!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Neenu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch, thanks for making such a great game. Really enjoyed the weirdness of it all. I wish it had been possible for you to find a way to make it work.
    The amount of content and updates was amazing, and I would have happily considered paying if some of the game had required payment i.e. to learn more than x skills, or build a tower or similar.
    Oh well thanks for the great imaginations.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kanzid Stonebreath Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have waited nearly until the end before posting. There is no words to express how sad I am. Sad for the Glitch team because those crazy people (yes you guys!) worked like there is no word to describe. I can't say what I appreciate the most in this game : not branding and marketing shit, perfect open spirit, great artwork, genius story-telling, smart concept and use of words. I know you are so good you'll find another job but I wish you'll find another utopia like glitch, one into you'll have fun and work on for years.

Sad because I am selfish enough to say my life will never be the same. On a very personal scale it seriously changed my life because I have been suffering of anxiety attacks since I am a kid and the glitchean journey through its history and fighting against the Rook helped me to materialized the crisis and to fight it by myself. Maybe it will sound stupid, maybe not, I don't care I am just grateful to Glitch and all the people who helped this project to become true even it won't be for life (or at least the 80 next years).

One day in October I was sad and depressed, I opened my door to Glitch and it definitely changed my life. Beyond Glitch's smartness and happiness, there is this little "je ne sais quoi" which made the experience different of any other game experience in my life. Thank you for making it possible. Thank you for making a real difference. Thank you for making this end happy whenever I am crying right now.

Cheers to all the people who have one day opened their door to Glitch and be sure you're not the only to think about "petting a fruit tree" when they touch a tree or talk to rocks, etc. (I am sure you see what I am talking about ;) <-- accomplice wink)

PS : I can't stop believing Glitch will come back one day under another shape. I hope this very strongly not only because I am very very very sad but also because I hope a lot of people will keep discovering Glitch
    Posted 11 years ago by Cheek fille Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you to tiny speck for producing the most beautiful game I've ever played. Thank you to this community for being so delightful. I'm so desperately sad to not be online for the end, though it will save me more tears. You all should be immensely proud of what you've created here :)

An Antipodean glitch, signing out for the last time. Love to all xxx
    tfp
    Posted 11 years ago by the fish prince Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am truly disappointed in you.  I really thought you keep it up forever because it is amazing game and beautiful piece of art.  I mean what makes you decide to give it up cause money problem?  Issues?  Bored?  I read your article about good-bye.  I smell something really stinky fishy because that does not make any sense to me.  Mostly like that you just gave it up cuz you don't want to make it work or you did not ask for people to keep it alive, and such.  You don't take any action, you just gave it up, period. You broke everyone's heart.  Not cool.  If you love this game so much, then you gotta to take some action!  ASK everyone, ask for help, ask anything.  THEY WILL DO IT, really.  Have a faith!  It will make it work if you believe it from your heart cuz you gave your heart to this game.  Make it work, Glitch!  I refuse to say good bye to this game... EVER.   Because I don't let it die.  You are the one who make it happen or kill it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pure Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26