Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
  • I've loved every minute. Goodbye Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by EmiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  im sad
    Posted 11 years ago by UD98 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you should keep it open until the 21st. that way, if the world doesnt end, UR will have and the mayans will have been right
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I need pancakes.
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I told myself I wasn't strong enough to stay until the end, but I'm going to try anyway.

I only found Glitch a few months ago.  A friend on Google+ said his boss had recommended it to him and posted a video.  I was instantly charmed.  Exploring.  Collecting.  Creating.  A ton of skills.  Crazy looking giants.  Zany charm and humor.  More stuff to do than I could dream of doing in a long span of time.  And no pressure.  No wrong way to play.  It was my utopia.  I quickly reposted the video to my own stream and begged for anyone who had an invite to please send me one.  Luckily, a friend had one and I was able to enjoy a few months of bliss.  It really was my perfect game.  It was everything I've ever wanted in a game and more.  It was as though it was made just with me in mind.

Somehow the news of the game shutting down hit me really hard.  I've been in a depression for the last month that I can't seem to shake, no matter how much I tell myself it's "just a game".  Every time I hear the theme, I start crying again.  There were quite a few days I actually couldn't even bear to log on because I just didn't want to cry anymore.  Then I regretted the time lost, and became even sadder.

Tonight I have the most surreal feeling.  It's as though it isn't just Glitch ending, but, as melodramatic as it sounds, there is this feeling in me that everything is about to fade away.  I wonder to myself whether, as perfect as Glitch was for me, if there is no place in the world for Glitch, is there a place for me in this world at all?  Am I just too different?  Will I ever be as happy and complete doing anything else?  When all the rest of the world was just too much, I could always count on Glitch to bring me back to center.  I don't know where I'll go now.  I feel as though I've been cast adrift.

My heart is truly broken.
    Posted 11 years ago by Maegen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 2h3min left. T_T
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll miss this game so much. :(  I've been trying not to think about the end until today, and I haven't played much at all (had to check out the heli kitties, but it made me too sad).  

The last two semesters glitch has released something new and fun right during finals week (potions last fall, and the switch to imagination happened during finals last spring) this time it's closing the night before finals start. :(  

I'm so sad, I was always so excited for all the new things that were coming, and it breaks my heart that this is it. :(

Bye, everybody :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Horakely Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Best beta ever, and I've done a few.
    I'll miss you all; thanks to stoot, Danny, kukubee, and all the devs for making something truly beautiful.
    I hope it comes back.
    Really going to miss all the friends I've made here too.
    I'll never forget the joy of the past 18 plus months. It was extraordinary.

Much love,

Sean
    Posted 11 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So long Glitch, and thanks for all the salmen.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bobby Chuckles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What can I say? One of the finest games I've ever played. I'll miss it terribly.
    Posted 11 years ago by Neuri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • goodbye all, Glitchen, devs, stoot, the giants and all of Ur...
    you have all been wonderful

*sniffle*  *choke*
    *runs off*
    Posted 11 years ago by bludwaggie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And I was just about to win the game, too...

I feel sick. This week ahead is going to be a rough one. Goodbye, Glitch! I hope we meet again soon.
    Posted 11 years ago by DJ Slemstar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank for everything!!! I know we will all poof soon, but this place was great :).
    Posted 11 years ago by Ambillina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch,,Goodbye global glitchens....

my final project presentation is in an hour,, and I can't even start the game cause the network blocks it

so here I am,, bidding my final goodbye to glitch....
    Thanks for the past 2 months,, You've make me so happy....
    thanks glitch,,thanks....
    I finally graduate from the imagination world of Ur
    Posted 11 years ago by Ominoja Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good bye Glitch! You have taken up much more time in my life over the past year that I would like to admit. You have given me an outlet for my habit of hoarding that has allowed me to keep my home clutter free. I have been part of such a welcoming community, even if I just lurked in the forums. Thank you TS for all your passion and hard work for creating this wonderful world.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kayako Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I only got to play for about a month or so, but it was the most enjoyable time I've ever spent on my computer. I'll miss everything about this game. I've downloaded all of the music so I'll at least have something left. Staff, you guys did such an amazing job, and I'm really sorry it had to end like this. I've never seen a more imaginative, loving, and heartfelt game before. I was really invested in the background story and I fell in love with how every looked, how you could interact with everything in the silliest of ways. I may not have been here from the start, but I'll be here until the very end. 
    Posted 11 years ago by TheEmptyPot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never thought a computer gamne would make me cry...
    Thanks for letting me be a part of such a lovely experience.
    Posted 11 years ago by Caralampia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye my lover,
    Goodbye my friend,
    You have been the one,
    You have been the one for me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Navocado Subscriber! | Permalink
  • are we all meeting somewhere?
    Posted 11 years ago by Seifer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch!!!
    Thank you for all great time! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by ☆Spark☆ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Been here for a while. Thanks you Stoot and all the staff for making my Glitch experience special. I <3 Glitch!
    Posted 11 years ago by tyfn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, TS, for all your hard work during the past few years.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • cant go back in ugh
    Posted 11 years ago by Ameh.Loves.Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye glitchens! I will miss each and every one of you. Thanks for all the good times. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Fairuza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is the only place where some of us will see the end 
    Posted 11 years ago by more than one trees Subscriber! | Permalink
  • good bye everyone
    Posted 11 years ago by Seifer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can't get back in - looks like I'll be missing the EOTW :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Jake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And the server knocked me off 7 minutes early :( Goodbye everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Grigori Tesla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh nooo, I'm going to miss the end of Ur. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Fairuza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i'm missing the end of the world, got kicked off 9 minutes out.
    oh well.... goodbye glitch.

thanks tiny speck for everything, glitch will be missed.....
    Posted 11 years ago by htebazile Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can't get back in... my poor butler is facing the end alone. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Derpmage Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is it... over already? -_-
    Posted 11 years ago by camicami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got kicked out too. 

Love you guys. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Willard of Mucklake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got kicked out, as well. 

Love everyone.  <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Keechie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No!! I missed the end! I hope someone got it on video and posts it to the FB page!!

Keep in contact Glitchen! i will miss you all.

Lady Snugglesworth.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lady Snugglesworth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye Glitch and all its wonderful residents...
    Posted 11 years ago by Guider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS for making this wonderful game
    Posted 11 years ago by Lacertilia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Disconnected with three minutes to go, trying to head back to my house.Didn't get to see it tell me I won the game, but I never got the message that I was about to win it, either...
    Posted 11 years ago by The Spooky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS for making this wonderful game
    Posted 11 years ago by Lacertilia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, someone share the end!  Seems like many people like myself got booted early!  RIP Glitch.  <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Keechie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And that's that! Salamat Glitchens! Salamat Glitch! Salamat TS! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Tumahura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please somebody post pictures or a video of the end somewhere! I got kicked off! My poor butler all alone!
    Posted 11 years ago by La Maestra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And it's gone :'( 
    Posted 11 years ago by Divinity Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodnight little Glitchen, I didn't talk much but I loved you all (well, most of you), and the devs most of all.
    Posted 11 years ago by haneway Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same. I was trying to go to Hell for the end. :'(
    Server went down a couple of minute early.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...Is there any way at all to launch a kickstarter/indiegogo to bring this game back to life?
    Posted 11 years ago by MojoMerlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What a way to go out! We overloaded the game and we won!!!! The end shall be a mystery.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't get to see what happened at the last few seconds. I crashed on No-No and in the middle of the loading screen for Naraka, it disconnected! Did anything happen? Did the Rooks appear and attack?! I'm so mad at myself now! SAD! SAD! SAD!
    Posted 11 years ago by Corixis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Tiny Speck, for making this wonderful game! I got kicked off 10 minutes before the end--if anyone was there can you post what happened? Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago by ishtartlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too got kicked :( Miss U all :)
    Posted 11 years ago by tiptronic Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26