Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26
  • I missed it too.  I was booted with three minutes to go.  I loved this game and this community.  I will miss you!
    Posted 11 years ago by AmyDelphine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the lag made me miss the end :( thanks though you guys were cool
    Posted 11 years ago by Smiling Flounder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye, Glitch! You were a wonderful, unforgettable part of my life.
    Posted 11 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bet Stoot's still in there playing all by himself. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye, Glitch.
    Thank you, Tiny Speck.
    Thank you, all you Glitchen.
    Posted 11 years ago by unicyclr Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too got kicked, miss U all.
    Posted 11 years ago by tiptronic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so apparently all the giants were saying goodbye? anyone get screen captures of it?
    Posted 11 years ago by daemoninwhite Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Couldn't get into Ur tonight to say good bye so I'll say it here. Goodbye to everyone, and thanks to everyone who made this game so fabulous- players included!

I would definitely like to see pics or a vid of what ended up happening if anyone has it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jade27 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awww no, I fell out with five minutes to go and missed the end :( Hope someone posts it to youtube. Thanks for Everything, TS, it's been wonderful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Trixie Lemon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here. Missed th best part :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Flan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rube found me less than two minutes before the EOTW. I traded ... something, I wasn't paying attention ... for  a Naraka Rub. Snapped his cheerful boot-tapping dance.

Thank you all, so much, for such a beautiful and quirky place.

I have to stop typing now; the screen is all blurry for some reason.
    Posted 11 years ago by Eris Lord Freedom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow what an amazing ending, Good Night Glitchen, Good Night Groddle, Good night :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Head over to either http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/ 
    or
    missingworldsmedia.com/phpbb/

We just lost another game too earlier this week with people had played for over 8 years. They know of Glitch's loss and feel our pain. 

The second of those forums I'm an administrator. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also missed the end.  I had 5 minutes left until the end and my computer did a "unexpected reload."  I was SO sad that I didn't get to see the ending.  I do know that a few minutes prior to that I had to reload because it was just taking forever and it said "Wait, you just won the game."  That made me feel good!  I just wanted to see if they played any special songs or did anything special at the end and I missed it all!  
    Posted 11 years ago by LasaLoraine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you to Tiny Speck for an amazing experience and thank you to all my fellow Glitches who shared the journey. You are all amazing people. There aren't any words to describe the tragedy of this loss, so I'm not going to attempt to say anything.

For anyone who wants to keep in touch, my IM names are below.

AIM - tigerxchaos
    Y! - v_chaosmonk_v
    MSN - chaosmonk@hotmail.com
    Skype - tigerxchaos

Best wishes to everyone who came with me on this ride. I love all of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by David And His Bowie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lost it too!! Couldn't get back 10 minutes before it happens... How it was? Rook attack? GNG? Does someone have all giants goodbye messages??

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING EVERYONE!
    Never forget the kind glitchen that lives inside of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by acreditando Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you to Tiny Speck for an amazing experience and thank you to all my fellow Glitches who shared the journey. You are all amazing people. There aren't any words to describe the tragedy of this loss, so I'm not going to attempt to say anything.

For anyone who wants to keep in touch, my IM names are below.

AIM - tigerxchaos
    Y! - v_chaosmonk_v
    MSN - chaosmonk@hotmail.com
    Skype - tigerxchaos

Best wishes to everyone who came with me on this ride. I love all of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by David And His Bowie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bye Glitch, Ive played on and off for over a year, it was such a quirky wonderful and relaxing world and I'm going to miss it greatly. I was lucky enough to be in world when the song played and it did bring me to tears and the music has been one of the biggest draws for me while playing it.  Thank you Tiny Speck. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Lintila Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My browser continues to play the uutif piano music, 7 minutes later. Haunting. My character can be seen under the dark screen, moving around, trying to interact with objects, but the server doesn't answer.

Thanks so much TS, for the wonderful world and experience you've created for us all. I hope we can meet in Ur again someday.
    Posted 11 years ago by bumblepuppy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Missed a lot of the end due to a combination of having to get home from work (which ended an hour beforehand) and the crushing lag, watching www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b... now to see the rest of the giants' goodbyes. My game window's gone all black and white, but I can still move around, just not interact with anything, and that's the thing that's finally making me cry.

Well, that and this. glitches-of-ur.dreamwidth.o...
    Posted 11 years ago by akatonbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The end was maybe 4 messages from GOD counting down seconds, then "Server restarted" in the font that we usually almost win the game. (At least from here.) Maybe others saw more.... In any case, all blessings from the giants to all of you! Carry on dreaming.
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still in the game, running and jumping around but everyone around me is sleeping. It's a little freaky....
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Honey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • screenshot
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well that was it, and now I'm really sad I think I'll just going to curl up in my bed and stare at the ceiling ....

Goodbye dear glitch world you were the absolute best game and community ever, you will be greatly missed!

Lots and lots of love,
    Nutty
    Posted 11 years ago by Nutty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My eyes are still blurry><
    My husband: "Wow, you're really crying. I didn't realize you were that attached."
    Me: "Yea, it was the best game ever!"

I'm having issues closing the tab the game was up on :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Nimara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <3 Thank you to everyone. You were amazing and I adore you all. <3
    I couldn't interact much at the end due to lag, but I enjoyed seeing the messages came through from everyone, and being there right up to the end was extra special.
    Thank you, TS, for playing Goodnight Groddle. I wish I could have made it to Groddle for the end, but I was in a party area at least and it was extra packed and lots of fun :)
    *hugs* to one and all. May you continue to build on your imagination forever <3
    Remember, don't fear the quack!

... I'll just be over here hugging my Glitchmas Yeti forever more <3
    Posted 11 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • amazing ending ??
    did someone captured that ?
    been kicked off 5 minutes before the end :(

Goodbye glitchen
    Posted 11 years ago by Eowomir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holding back the tears.

Thank you so much Tiny Speck. Thank you for everything. I will carry Glitch around in my imagination for the rest of my life.

Goodbye my fellow Glitchen. Thank you all for making the last year and a half such a fantastic experience. I'll never forget the fun times I had. 

Good luck with the future TS. I can only imagine where you guys will go after creating such an amazing game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Zoisite Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks everyone for a great game! Happy End Of The World!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lee Holloway Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b...

The last hour recorded by Beau Hindman of Massively.
    Posted 11 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Sirentist account froze at the last minute because I stupidly tried to take a snapshot, ha. But my Agoraphobe account is still there, walking around, looking forlorn.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodnight Groddle <3
    Posted 11 years ago by LitaPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will it ever open again?
    Posted 11 years ago by FlightElement Subscriber! | Permalink
  • loved playing with all of you ! gonna miss you all ! 
    Posted 11 years ago by dr scion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bye glitch!
    Posted 11 years ago by Binary Jazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I spent my last day in Ur seeing the newly unlocked regions, exploring the Vortex of Random, hunting for ghosts (and finally completing the quest!), and partying in Cebarkul.

Best. Apocalypse. Ever. Thanks Tiny Speck!
    Posted 11 years ago by Shadowstrike Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nimara - It's not so much the game, as the community.

Glitch: It's made of people!
    Posted 11 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye to everyone. I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked after starting a new, very demanding job last spring. (Which I'm very thankful for!) I think I'm done with these types of games. After losing Faunasphere and now Glitch; it's just too sad when they end. I wish you all the best and hope everyone finds a new home. Thank you to everyone at Tiny Speck for creating such an amazing world filled with beauty, creativity, and a sense of humor; I hope everyone looking for a job finds a new opportunity to showcase their skills.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowers HappyDance Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I now know what I want chiseled on my tombstone...

God says, "poof"
    Posted 11 years ago by Gonjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The way I see it, the lag made the pill easier to swallow.

Great run at the end TS...especially the Vortex.  No doubt a fleshed out Ur would have been beyond fantastic.
    Posted 11 years ago by daPressed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was an amazing three weeks. I can now say that a game (and a Flash one at that!) made me cry hard. Thanks to all at Tiny Speck and my fellow preposterous Glitchens. I love you all!
    Posted 11 years ago by Bupy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Several communities have sprung up for all Glitchen. Keep at it and we may be around to see the Giants enter into a glorious shared dream again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How wonderful to hear Goodnight Groddle again <3

When I finally finished the Notice the Unnoticeable quest late last night/early this morning, the final words from the quest completion screen were:

"Anything is possible. What is not forgotten is never really lost."
    Posted 11 years ago by Live Your Dreams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stuv- Oh the people in this game were the best!

Gonjo- I want mine to have S.I.H on it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nimara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Madzapan and I used an old saved teleport point and a Follow to get into floor 9 of Hakusan Heaps Tower, where she used to live before the housing re-org. Hung out there until the end. Somehow, there were still chickens there that she had named months ago. Felt like we had beaten The Matrix.
    Posted 11 years ago by harkyman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do hope it will open again
  • I missed getting in by a few minutes.  Now I'm bummed for ever...
    Posted 11 years ago by GnarlyBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here Gnarly
  • Thank you.  And... we all cried at my house because of despair at beautiful, nonviolent, friendly, creative things going away and people just playing shooter games all the time and because "people suck" as some in the household put it. :-(  

But the struggle to make things and people not suck carries on.

Good night glitch!  please come back some day!
    Posted 11 years ago by lizzard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I want to thank Stoot and everyone at TS for  all their blood sweat and tears.. I will be watching out to see what may come. Glitch will be greatly missed.. Thanks for the good times! 
    Posted 11 years ago by CrazedOne Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26