Topic

Staff Topic

The official shutdown thread …

Glitch is closing. The details are here: www.glitch.com/closing/

We will do our best to answer everyone's questions (but please take a moment to read the announcement and FAQ before jumping in). Information on refunds is here: www.glitch.com/closing/refu...

Over the next few weeks we'll going to be releasing all kinds of things that were saved for later, nearly-done, previously-shelved or are in various states of design. We will do our best to help everyone get the most of the time which remains — you've all been given (or will shortly be given) 2,500 credits and a free subscription.

New signups and payments are now closed.

I feel sick.

[Edited to add, a few hours later]: I feel much better. Thank you everyone, for all the love! Amazing, beautiful and touching.

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26
  • This is probably the saddest news I have heard all year. Tiny Speck and Glitchen are like a second family to me, weird and wild and wonderful all in one. I will be playing until the very last minute and trying to keep in touch with as many of you as I can. Thanks, stoot, for giving us the game all of us has always dreamed of and that, I'm sure, will visit our dreams and daily lives until we are sitting in hover-rockers on the porches of hi-rise retirement homes saying to each other, "Remember when Lem said that thing? You know, THAT THING?"
    Posted 11 years ago by Mistress*of*Fishies Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel like a part of me just died. I can only imagine how devs feel about it. :(((
    Posted 11 years ago by Fly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's so sad. My brother and I have only been playing for a year, but both of us are obsessed. I don't know what we're going to do. Glitch was great and I wish there was a way to help it, but of course you know what's possible and what's not. Thank you to everyone from the staffs to the new players for making this game fun, and making me keep coming back for more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh my god.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Argh. I'm so sorry to hear this.  Glitch is such a charming, giving game... it deserves to do so much better.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped make Glitch as wonderful as it was.
    Posted 11 years ago by Twotone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm sorry to see it go, and I'm sorry that all of you at Tiny Speck have to deal with this. It must be very hard. Thanks for all of your excellent work.
    Posted 11 years ago by Imberis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We've gotta update Glitch Strategy with everything in the game. Preserve it.
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I only started playing a little while ago -- I'm so sorry it's ending. To everyone who's worked on this game -- so much love and hugs, your work has been amazing and I truly appreciate it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Racjana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This has been one of the most cleverly unrestrained, creative, beautifully fashioned games I've ever had the privilege of playing. I weep with you and for all the lost potential this ending brings. It's absolutely heartrending, but thank you, thank you so very much for this amazing experience. I'll remember Glitch forever. My best wishes to all of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by ninabear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :( :( :( :( :( :(
    Posted 11 years ago by hump muffin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Having read the announcement, I feel like I'm going through the stages of grief now. I was never very social on this game, but it helped me deal with some heavy stuff and now I honestly don't know what to do. Anyone have any hot tips for a new hangout spot for the Glitch exiles?

I'm about to log in to the game for the last time. I'm putting all my stuff on my home street. I don't really have anything good, but if you see this, help yourself.

Tiny Speck, thank you for the incredible experience. I can't say I'm not upset (and I will take that refund, thanks), but I know you guys have a lot up your sleeves and some day we'll see more cool things from you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Yse The Great Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMGiants no!!!! :(

The issue of the shorting tail that is / was the Flash platform was raised when Glitch went back to beta a year ago.

On the other hand I despise the micro transaction based suck fests with no real depth that now pervade the mobile gaming space. I hope you guys can break that mold & still make a living.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's been a great year, thank you for our sandbox.
    Posted 11 years ago by JohnaMarie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was a dream job to come to every morning and a dream game to build. 

Thank you everyone for being part of Glitch.

I'll miss you and see you around. Enjoy the few more feature releases, coming soon! ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't even know what to do now that Glitch is closing. It's like.. a part of my world has shut down. Thank you for creating such a beautiful and different game. I hope one day more people will be able to appreciate it as all us Glitches have.
    Posted 11 years ago by Amicorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow. I haven't glommed onto a game so hard (or levelled so quickly) since vanilla WoW. I am truly gutted that such an inventive game made by so many hugely talented people, and populated by one of the best game communities I've ever seen, has to go. Thank you to TS for all your beautiful, funny, inspiring work and interactions with us. I am very happy to have been part of Glitch, but I'm crying nevertheless.
    Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woah. Sad!This game was still growing. Growing into something huge I thought..
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA T_T
    Posted 11 years ago by barfbubble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG--I came home today not feeling well, and now I'm absolutely heartsick. I can't believe this is happening.

Stoot and all the rest of the gang, you have worked so very hard to make this the most amazing game for all of us. I know that you are so heartbroken about this as well.

I'm so glad I will have some extra time next week to play. I still haven't gone swimming with the salmen. I will miss my dolls--yes, even Ayn, and I will have to do the Gwendolyn quest one last time and listen to the conch song....

Love and peace to you all, and thank you for giving us such a wonderful world to play in.
    Posted 11 years ago by KatyaR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @NightDraconis - Hear hear. At least there will be somewhere to go to look back.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can't believe I found an MMO I actually like, and now it's closing down.  This sucks.  I know how it feels to have to close down something you have put so much time and effort into thoush, so I really sympathise with all of the TS staff.  Thank you for all the time, effort and money that you put into making a game as enjoyable and fun as Glitch.  I will miss it very very VERY much, and I bet TS has found many fans that will continue to support the company in whatever they set out to do.
    Posted 11 years ago by Insane Serenity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOO!

This makes me ultra sad. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by DrBubba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's a hole in my life now that I won't know how to fill... Each day when I opened up my browser for the first time, the glitch forums were open. The leaderboards and auctions were open. A line of glitch related bookmarks twinkled from my toolbar. The Enter World button was always visible at the top, a little gray door into a big, and very ungray world...

I feel sad and I don't know what to do.

It's been an honor to be here playing, greeting, and recently guiding with all of you. You are all wonderful. You will all be missed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • some of the smartest, nicest, most creative, and most wonderful people I know I met here.  Goodbye Glitch, good luck to TS, good luck to those who must leave. 

<3 

Hell, I'll even say it now: I lobe you all. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am devastated. :( ..... Salutes Tiny Speck. Farewell.
    Posted 11 years ago by Hellyeah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Breaks my heart :( This is such a well-made game. I'm going to miss it!
    Posted 11 years ago by AssButt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, TS,stoot, and devs, and everyone here, this is such sad news. I keep thinking it's some awful joke and someone will say it just some weird feat and it's not really true. You really don't have to refund my money. I've loved every minute of playing this game and adore the people I've gotten to know via this game. Would you consider reinventing the game so it could be played on smart phones and not in Flash (my total ignorance of MMOs and coding is probably glaringly apparent in this question)? I'd keep paying my membership to help support such a thing. One more thought--any possibility you could put the Glitch music on a CD and sell it as a keepsake? I know I'd buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hardly ever post in the forums (though I read them all the time), but I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful game and I am glad I got to play it, if just for a little while.
    Posted 11 years ago by domestipithecus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Tiny Speck, for this wonderful gift you gave us. As if the lovely artwork, beautiful music and endearing animals were not enough - you also gave us yourselves. Hanging out with us, cracking jokes in the forums and Global, answering our questions, setting us straight. It's been a unique experience, one that I will miss in my heart in all the days to come.

<3 to everybody out there.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much and good luck, Tiny Speck. I can't begin to articulate what an amazing time I've had with Glitch over the past year and a bit, and how unique both the game and its staff are in terms of providing its players with not just an MMO, but an experience and a community. I wish everyone involved phenomenal levels of success, and while I'm gutted that this success can't be with Glitch, I'm confident it's still to come. Thank you again. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by 分刀 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are we getting Onion Rings or not?

I second the Kickstarter idea....might cost a lot, but what the hell.....worse things have been suggested..
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been crying since I saw the news. I started playing Glitch at a time when I was going through some difficult things, and the charming, kind, creative nature of the game was just what I needed as a boost. I can't find the words to describe how sad this is. I just... loved this game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bonten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually started crying when reading about the closing! I'm going to miss this game so so much! Thank you, Tiny Speck and staff, for all the hard work you've contributed to making Glitch what it is. I'm going to miss all of you :(

*Hugs for everyone*
    Posted 11 years ago by Satomi Aislinn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Totally and utterly shocked and devastated. DDDDD:

Thank you for making this wonderful game. I'll miss it and you all so much. ;____;
    Posted 11 years ago by Asperity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I only just got referenced to this game.  I thought I finally found a new mmporg to play, now I wish they hadn't told me about it :(

I wonder why I never heard or saw anything about this game before, maybe had there been some major advertising it would of taken off more.
    Posted 11 years ago by Crazed_Delusion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is heartrending to hear. Glitch was beautiful. I am so, so sorry to see it go.

Thank you, TinySpeck, for making this amazing game and letting us share it, even if only for a short time.
    Posted 11 years ago by Verun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will await TinySpecks future games to fill the loss. I am so sorry and so thankful to all of the staff who put so much time and energy into this fantastic and simply beautiful game. But it's not simple; it's Glitch. I will miss this game and the lovely people, but we should all think about supporting Tiny Specks future games so they can take off successfully. Thank you so much—typing it again and again is still not enough.
    Posted 11 years ago by XKaeX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Time and time again I've been amazed by the awesome community created by all the generous and thoughtful players of Glitch.  It's truly sad to see it die, but as heartbreaking as it is, at least I'll move forward with many fond and happy memories.  Thank you all:)
    Posted 11 years ago by E-yon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't believe it!  I would do anything to keep you open, I would gladly leave my new house and tower, and just have UR and my 50k mansion in Alakol or my very cool huge bog house in Kalavana to keep the game open.  This game has been the best thing keeping me entertained since I started at the end of Oct 2011.   This is a very very sad announcement; I am heartsick as I come to realize all the hope and expectations that have been taunting me in the game wont get the life they deserve!!   All those relaunch credits and the amazing ideas of fellow glitchen as they design and create...

Big Hugs TS!   You have made an amazing community here and you should be proud of all you have accomplished!    This has been the best online experience of mine to date and I doubt I will play another game as fervently as I did this.... I suppose its time to reunite with my good friend...the library.  :)
    Posted 11 years ago by 'Zad the Destroyer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I.... I think I need to come back to this thread later....
    Posted 11 years ago by Grem Sketch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why are all the most awesome games closing in December 2012, dagnabbit?!

Thank you Tiny Speck for this beautiful dream. This was truly a wonderful experience, playing with everyone. I thought, and still think now, that this is a perfect game with a perfect community. But, I guess all dreams, good or bad, have to end sometime.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chemisie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is the first and only mmo-ish sort of game that I've ever fallen in love with. Everything about this game is charming and beautiful and maybe it's because I'm a little hormonal today but I'm going to miss it as I would a family friend.

But I do want to say thank you to everyone who made my time here so enjoyable. I'll never forget all of the silly fun I've had here or the wonderful people I met through it. Glitch brightened a lot of bad days for me and I'm so so grateful to have been able to experience it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Singing Monk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think my heart just broke in half. /sniffle
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *weeps*

my piggies

oh I love this game like I've never loved a game that didn't involve rescuing a princess i am so sad and sorry and I will miss it so much and i will miss you and all the cute and weird and rest

thank you
    Posted 11 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When I saw the announcement I thought, "wait, April fools right? What month is it right now?"

This is just the worst news. :( Sorry to hear it isn't working out.
    Posted 11 years ago by Enthe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lay your picks and scrapers down,
    Catch the fading evenlight,
    Butterflies rest in the fruit trees,
    as we sing to Ur, "good night."
    Fireflies glimmer, glimmer 'round all,
    Shimla Mirch and back to you.
    Bearing sparks from all the Glitchen,
    Cosma, Tii and Friendly too.
    To be woven in our dreaming,
    Good night Groddle, good night.
    Posted 11 years ago by seapunk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for a beautiful game.

.__.

;___;

<3<3<3
    Posted 11 years ago by ozli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If I were a multi-millionaire, I would fund Glitch for another year and get the word out there as much as possible. Unfortunately, I can't do that, but goodness knows I wish I could.

Thank you for the wonderful memories. My grief is simply ineffable.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pastora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm sorry it's come to this.  You created a true jewel of a game, which I know I don't have to tell you.  I am heartsick.
    Posted 11 years ago by Circe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have been playing this game for a bit more than a month and it's the only MMO that I really liked, it had all the things the other games were missing and it saddens me terribly to see it close :( I still had lots of things to learn and to experience, it was the best month I have ever had and I will miss it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Symmol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will you guys try to help and get Glitch up later sometime? I can't believe i started bawling, bt this game means so much to alot of people. I think we would all like to know if Glitch could come back...please. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by PeachPop Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26