Topic

Staff Topic

You won the game!

Congratulations :)

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
  • I won so much more than the game! Thanks, TS, for giving us such a fun place to meet and have Fun fun fun fun, fun, a #$% of a lot more fun, fun fun, fun, um... more fun! You guys have been THE best! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Gertie Mack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • About damn time.

For real, though, deepest thanks for all of the love and effort you put into this. I'm so sorry it had to end this way. Here's wishing you all the best of luck in future endeavors.
    Posted 11 years ago by Comet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zarq said that the last message should have been "You've won the game!" not "server restarted". I just came here and saw the thread, and had to say thank you, and that yes I'm crying as well - have been for days on end. I can only hope what you folks do next will allow such a wonderful community of people to come together again, to be so darned nice to each other.
    Posted 11 years ago by Gak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, we really did win.  And the prize was GLITCH!  the chance to experience Glitch. Cause it really was more than a game, wasn't it?  Twice in a lifetime aint bad, and it gives me hope that I might someday come across another game like this, that encourages only positive behavior, and was so damn fun!  And surprising!  I wish all the best to Tiny Speck staff, volunteers and guides, and all the lovely, crazy Glitchen of Ur.
    Posted 11 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Stoot and Tiny Speck. I'm not ashamed to admit that I started sobbing when God announced 60 seconds to shutdown and continued throughout Good Night Groddle. Thanks for the memories.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kellinator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally stopped crying and got brave enough to try and come back.  I see this and want to cry again.  Thanks for the memories.  I wish I had learned of Glitch sooner.
    Posted 11 years ago by BerlinBear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all. Thank you developers for the wonderful experience. Thank you for being part of the experience - playing right beside us, answering questions, chiming in on chats and here in the forums - you weren't just an aloof bunch of creators.

Of course we're sad it's gone, but like so many have said before, in so many ways: “'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

I will be striving to take the things I loved about Glitch into the real world & make it into a more magical place.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vague Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Stoot and the Tiny Speck team, for giving us such an amazing world... So sad that it had to end, but playing and socializing in Ur was an awesome experience while it lasted.

"The Game was absolutely preposterous, and yet, we will really miss it."
    Posted 11 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never thought in my wildest dreams that a game could have such an impact on me as a human being. Thank you, Stoot, for sharing your vision with us, and thank you, Tiny Speckers, for bringing it to such glorious, odd, hilarious life.

I will miss this more than I thought possible.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Stoot.  This game was amazing and it drew amazing players and created a community I will never forget.  

<3
    Posted 11 years ago by Rathany Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you. I never wanted to play an MMO before and probably won't want to play any others afterward. I loved this community and the game had so much personality that it really felt like the people who made it must have been having fun as well. Of course I don't know any of you, but it felt that way, a bit - enjoying someone else's sense of humor is always like that - so I'm wishing you all the best with love.

Also @kevbob: I think you possibly fixed a bug for me once and closed the ticket before I thanked you properly! It's been weighing on my mind for ages! Thanks for fixing that bug!
    Posted 11 years ago by Novelty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Honestly crying over here. But thank you, everyone, for making such an amazing world.  I am so sad to see if it but so grateful to have been able to experience it.  Thank you.  Best wishes for all of the staff moving forward. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Yoiyami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much Stoot and the rest of the TS team. You've brought rare moments of joy and delight into each of our lives through this game. It's sad to see this game shut down (for now), but I'm ever so grateful to have been able to experience it. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Vaxen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i made a little screencap of cebarkul after the end of the world.
    o/
    Posted 11 years ago by yetzt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to everyone. Stoot, the developers. I still remember a day of testing out the Train badge in Araldia's back yard. I'll always miss my Large Akalol Modern Home, Rappam Rolls 6121 I think it was. It was a wonderful experience and I missed too much of it, but what I will remember and have for eternity is well worth any sorrow I get for not being able to hold it anymore.

If anyone did film the end I'd love to see it as I got disconnected 5 minutes out. I have screenshots of Zille & Humbaba talking though I will post.
    Posted 11 years ago by Grigori Tesla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(
    Posted 11 years ago by roderick ordonez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for a beautiful piece of art that we got to play with. I cried like a baby after the "poof." I can't wait to get the book and the music. I'll be excited to see what TS dreams up next. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Grizelda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Stoot - and all the TS gang.  I don't normally get emotional over games (or even contribute much to social aspects) but Glitch got me going like no other.  I'll miss it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daishalle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Never have I won in such a heartbreaking way. Thank you for this game, and thank you for giving us last days instead of simply shutting down. The game went out in the style it lived. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for further Tiny Speck projects.

I'm adding to the requests for seeing the end, if someone recorded. I got kicked about 15 minutes before the actual end hit and couldn't get back in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Aveline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To think that I almost didn't even look at the Glitch front page because I am so wary of MMOs.

Thank you Stoot, thank you Tiny Speck, and thank you all of the generous, sweet players who did their best to help others enjoy the game. I'll miss you all, and I'll never forget you.
    Posted 11 years ago by MercurialMalcontent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The gaming world is a little less colourful without Glitch. </3
    Posted 11 years ago by Minty Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There will never be another Glitch. Thank you guys for everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Osiris χ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks. Just thanks. I've so few words past that. What an experience, and I was so glad to share it with all of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Marianne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Stoot and all of you at TS. 
    You have created something amazing. I couldn't have believed so much passion over a game - if i had not experienced it myself.
    Posted 11 years ago by attila the hun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Together with my friends Kitty and Kiss we are traveling since 7 years through virtual worlds: Compared to others Glitch was friendly, warm, well sophisticated in technics and graphics. And i felt a "Augenzwinkern" (wink) and the love of the dev's to every detail everywhere. Its too bad that Glitch didn't had the chance to show all this to a broader audience. 

Vielen Dank for letting us participate in your impressive project. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Miki Gymnast Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for everything stoot,I just cant beleive it closed even now..
    I can't stop crying. :*(
    Posted 11 years ago by Xeloalex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did, indeed, win the game. One of the things I did with my last few days of Glitch was build a complete Ouzian necklace from scratch in under two hours, to give to someone I happened to have run across in a wish thread who'd been trying to put one together and then gave up. It was amazing.

(When I went to give it to her, I got invited to a party (had never been to one!) where there was cubimal racing. I'd never managed The Loneliness of the Long Distance Cubimal badge. Joined the races with my precious firebog street spirit cubi and topped 10 planks almost immediately, later he managed 13.14 planks and was christened Sparky McFirebog 13.14. So much fun!)

I don't want to close the window. It still makes the 'boing' noise on the triple jump. (It's probably for the best I didn't make it up to my top floor where I had my temple of Spriggan. I might never reboot my computer again if I could keep bouncing around in there instead of just my lobby. I can still see it in camera mode.)
    Posted 11 years ago by akatonbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just another thank you from another non-gamer. The work and creativity and talent that went into this world was just phenomenal. I'm actually a rather amazed it couldn't succeed - there was just so much win. And surely the highly emotional reaction you see here is not the usual reaction to the shutting of a game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Stoot and TinySpeck for the best game I can possibly play. I will never forget Glitch. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Desiderata Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for creating a great game... from someone who last played on Atari. Yes I'm old.
    Posted 11 years ago by Latigirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was truly one of the most imaginative, fun, and witty games I've ever played--and one of the only ones that actually encouraged other players to be kind and helpful to one another. It's clear that all of you put your heart and souls not only into the gameplay but the world of Glitch itself. I'm honestly saddened that it has to close, and that I did not discover this game sooner. I hope that one day, maybe, it can be brought back. But until then, I want to say thank you to all of you at Tiny Speck, and that I really wish you all the best. You created a beautiful game with an equally beautiful mythology, and I hope you continue to create equally and even more wonderful things.
    Posted 11 years ago by shibe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Stoot and Tiny Speck staff for creating this absolutely preposterous game, and thanks to the whole Glitch community for making it even more wonderful.  I will really, really miss it.
    Posted 11 years ago by LynnieR Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I feel so deeply sad tonight. It's like an extraordinary world just closed to me forever. Thank you all so much for this inspiring experience. I've always been afraid of online games because I'm a very shy person, even through a computer screen, but Glitch made me feel welcome and like I was part of a real community of wonderful, generous, thoughtful people. I think it's safe to say that this game changed many of our lives, and as soon as I can get this knot out of my throat and these tears to dry up, the world will be a much brighter place because it existed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Heilig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Although I am so sad that the game has ended, I also think the way that the community came together after the closing date was announced was truly special. People reached out and helped each other in a way that really represented the best of what Glitch was all about. I know I made a lot of friends in the last few weeks, and those memories will stay with me forever! I'm sorry it had to end, but I'm happy that I got to meet so many wonderful Glitchen in the process. 

Thanks Stoot and TS--I do feel like I won the game :)
    Posted 11 years ago by ishtartlet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll always remember this feeling of wonder! <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Kanamine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Stoot - can I win again?
    Posted 11 years ago by mickey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *schniff* thanks Stoot - see you next time :)
    Posted 11 years ago by bhikku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was truly a beautiful place. Thank you to everyone who made it so.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nezzie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have everything I need for the afterlife: img.photobucket.com/albums/...

Thank you, Tiny Speck!
    Posted 11 years ago by Elizabeth Park-Fowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Surreal and bizarre.  Am I talking about the closing of Glitch or the game itself? Well, you decide.

Either way, this was the most amazing thing to happen to gaming, and I took it for granted.   I'm jealous of everyone that got to experience everything Glitch had to offer.  To the staff, community, and giants... I'll never forget you.  You were beautiful and charming and amazing and everything that was ever awesome.  I just wish....

:'(
    Posted 11 years ago by Kirkpad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Stoot. Thank you everyone at TS. It was a beautiful experience. This was a one of a kind place; a place you could immerse yourself in and somehow make your own. Now this Glitch has only one goal left to achieve: bring the preposterous spirit and sense of wonder that was Glitch into my real world. 
    Posted 11 years ago by buddhakitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So weird waking up and be Glitchless :( (Europe time zone)
    Bah
    Take care all you lovely Glitchers, I see you in another game life :)
    Hugs to all of you, I will miss this funny world.
    Merry Christmas. May all your wishes come true.
    Try to be as nice in the real world as you where in Glitch, the real world would surely be a better place :)
    Veel liefs en groetjes uit Nederland.

LolaPop
    Posted 11 years ago by LolaPop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So long Glitch, it's been a blast. And even more thanks to Tiny Speck for daring to imagine such a thing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Stoot and all the others at Tiny Speck. You did good. Real good :)
    Posted 11 years ago by the fish prince Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :(

Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by mintimperial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will you see that my piggies are fed?  I will miss them. 

...and all of you.

Thank you Stoot and the gang.  You brought much joy to the world and should be proud.

Money...is there anything it can't fuck up?
    Posted 11 years ago by daPressed Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you all for your efforts. Thank you friends for being there. Thank you Tiny Speckers' for a wonderful game! May all your dreams come true. I hope to see you all again... sometime... somewhere. God bless you all.
    Love and hugs,
    Couso
    Posted 11 years ago by Couso Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...i can't believe i finally WON.
    *leaves the house for the first time in over a year*
    Posted 11 years ago by Beans, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for a wonderful game guys. I am now relearning Reality 1 skill but I expect it will take a long time.  
    ps Hope you all have a great Christmas and prosperous New Year.
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Tiny Speck. You made something ridiculous and wonderful and put it out for us all to share. I will miss it so much, even though I was here such a short time (my time to bawl my eyes out was last night, saying I love you to the Giants...) I wish I could have seen the end.

Good fortune to you, all you crazy, beautiful creators of Ur and good fortune to all the Glitchen; I wish I'd got to know more of you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Diavlo Starck Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12