Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • May I ask why it requires all website access instead of just the needed ones?
    Posted 13 years ago by Araldia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chrome says that for any Greasemonkey script - but it's basically incorrect. Greasemonkey scripts only run on certain websites, and for whatever reason Chrome doesn't say which ones.

You can check which ones they actually run on by looking at the source code. There's a line at the top that says @include and has a URL after it - that's the URL it runs on. For Achivement Checker and Location Checker, they each specifically run on only one URL.
  • Ping's one just says beta.glitch.com that was all :) My other ones for different games specify also in chrome.
    Thanks.
    Posted 13 years ago by Araldia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just realized the Location Checker doesn't quite work in Chrome - if anybody has installed it already, uninstall it from the extensions tab (or whatever you call it - chrome://extensions/) and reinstall the new version.
  • Thanks, Dave! I just came back to this thread to comment about Location Checker not working in Chrome :) I just reinstalled and kinda love it. I've been working on visiting all the streets and it's been a bit of a pain! 
    Posted 13 years ago by leah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Although I'm able to get a skill queue, it only works if I have selected skill when live and even with that it is not automatic even if a skill finishes while playing.  I have to select the next skill to learn.   I'm running Chrome

When game is closed I can see progress of skill I'm learning & skill in queue.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mystbecky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave---I installed the "Achievement" script. It worked! Thank you!
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Dave!
    Posted 13 years ago by Gomez Addams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • working on the achievement script.  humm   I exited forums/game but not there ...

I have Glitch Skill HelperVersion: 0.1.7 
    bit.ly/gqueue       thank you pingbut nothing else yet.   suggestions for achievement?
    Posted 13 years ago by Mystbecky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mystbecky, Dave and others-I just installed this on Chrome (old version) it works great BUT ONLY if you use the link to the achievements and locations that Dave has provided above. Might want to open them up and then bookmark them ;)

Thanks for doing all that work Dave. I wouldn't even have a clue.
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Dave ~ just installed the achievement checker ~ works like a charm!!

Thank you for all that hard work...I, too, wouldn't have a clue how to go about doing something like this...I truly appreciate those that can. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yet another cool toy I love! I so admire you all. Ty Dave and ping and anyone else who makes such handy extensions.
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yay! You little app creators blow me away. So um...plans to add Chakra Phool and Jethimadh? Oh, that's probably these guys who haven't added them, eh...
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, blame the devs >:)

There's no other complete list of places that I can run the check against, so you will just have to wait for the devs to add Chakra Phool's and Jethimadh's streets to the list.
  • Neat!  Thanks so much for these!  Sure beats trying to figure things out manually.  Now I know what to concentrate on next.  :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Marebito Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much Dave! I installed all three.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cristy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice! I spent an hour or so last weekend writing a script that automatically starts skills.  If I have some extra time I will post it to userscripts.org
    Posted 13 years ago by inetscan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @inetscan

How is yours different from ping's?
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This will be very nice to have.  My achievement checker isn't correct though.  Does the game have to open for it to work, or am I doing something goofy (which is a distinct possibility!)  Thanks for all your hard work Dave, and for all the help you always provide in the game.  :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How is it wrong, kat65?

Are you using it on the "Achievements" page of the Encyclopedia?
  • Thank you Dave!  Those worked beautifully! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Guess I just had to refresh....  seems to be perfect now.  Thanks!!
    Posted 13 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave-Just a quick question, was it easier to gray out the already accomplished things than the ones still left to do? In my mind, the ones you've already accomplished should be highlighted and the ones NOT completed should be grayed out. Just the way my mind works that I want to see the page fill up with achievements not get more grayed out. Thoughts?
  • The Achievement Checker isn't working for me today :( 
  • Nevermind! Reinstalled and it's fine. 
  • Okay.  Took me a little while to figure out that I need to go to "Encyclopedia" and then to "Achievements" to see which badges I have yet to acquire!  Love it!!

Love the Queue!!   Counting down on Tinkering IV

But where do I see locations?  Grease Monkey said it installed,  but I don't know where to look?
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @pirate apples

Here
    beta.glitch.com/locations/
  • Thank you kindly, WindBorn!!

And thanks to Dave!!  Handy little tools!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Now if only there were a list of housing blocks... 
    Posted 13 years ago by Catari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave, I finally got the achievements script to work for me.  Thanks so much.
    Posted 13 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave - thanks!  I also made another tool, a bit less useful.  It's a favor checker.  Just install, and go to the leaderboards, and it'll show you your total favor with each of the giants:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/102160.user.js
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Tweedmouth Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  Thank you Dave, ping and Lord Tweed mouth :) Installed all your scripts and they are awesome !
    Posted 13 years ago by gia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Dave! I love the Achievement script! :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What gia said! The scripts are great, thanks guys.
    Posted 13 years ago by Catari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Yep, blame the devs >:)"

Well, you may blame us no longer!  The locations have been updated, although you still need to wait for the next push to our production servers.
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does  the queue skill learning only work while you are on the game, I mean if you finished a learning will it learn the one in the queue while we are off game,
    And thank you Dave there are so many places I have not been to, It is so good to know.

Posted 13 years ago by gill288 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, when you finish the next one in the queue does not start if the game is off.  But when the game is open for longer periods, it will be very useful - I think this tool will be indispensable when the reset happens and the game is open longer, many thanks to all the GreaseMonkey gurus :) for their hard work
    Posted 13 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks riscy, and yes i love the tool and many thanks,
    Posted 13 years ago by gill288 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still very useful, Lord Tweedmouth! Thanks for writing one! I'm adding it to the list.

And Holly Waterfall, sorry for the delay, but yes - the opposite can be done. I've created a separate script you can install. It will install on top of the other one, so you just gotta pick which one to install.
  • Hi @ Dave: I installed the "show achievements" one---very nice! tytytyty
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with Rachel2635. I've installed both the achievement and streets visited, and they're great.
    Posted 13 years ago by Merek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave - I took the locations script you wrote, and custom-added a bunch of streets that do not (currently) appear on the locations page, and rolled it into your script.  So it appends a bunch more links at the end, under "Other":
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/102308.user.js
  • oh wow...just installed the location checker...wow!!

Thanks!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave, Thanks again ! I like the 2nd achievement script better for beginners; it allows for easily finding ones you achieved so far. Later on down, I might switch back to the 1st script; so that I can easily find the ones I have yet to achieve. 

@Glitch team: Under Encyclopedia, may we have a single place holder called plugins-or-something where we can find all user approved scripts please :)

@Lord Tweedmouth: Thank you for the updated locations script ! :) Does the Other include the secret places too? (That require a key?). 
  • You guys are all so awesome - not even out of Beta and all this extra help from scripts. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Posted 13 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Dave! Better for me and those with the "half empty" mentality.
  • @gia - I included all of the locations on the Glitch Strategy Wiki.  I can add any that are missing (tell me if there are any!), though that will require a reinstall of the script.

Also, about your request to the Glitch team - these scripts are, for the most part, NOT using the Glitch API.  They're just doing some automated tasks, visiting a bunch of different pages that you have access to, and presenting the information in a neater fashion.  That is to say, they exist on your computer only, and not in any place that the Glitch team could list them.
  • Thanks to everyone who has made these scripts.  Very useful and a great help.  No idea how it works, but thanks anyway!
    Posted 13 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tweed.... the wiki is missing a fair few streets. It's showing 228 streets... Rascalmom has 356 locations visited, which meshes with the data I've been keeping.
    Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Lord, next time I stumble onto any secret street that is not on the list, I will make sure to update the wiki (If fellow wiki'ans allow) , or I will just pm you the location.

Regarding the list of scripts; I was thinking even those that are not using glitch api could be listed, for example wiki strategy page, the glutt page developed by nathanG. Basically if an script/web page that is used and liked by enough glitch team members. They can have a note saying "use at your own risk, not affiliated with glitch,... and all other legal stuff". Just a glitchy thought worth 2 currants :)
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8