Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8
  • @Travinara & @gia - feel free to post missing streets here, or in the wiki.  I'll see what I can do about updating the script regularly.  Though eventually, there probably won't be a need for it, when the game catches up.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Tweedmouth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave - I was wondering if you could modify your Location Checker Greasemonkey script to include streets with active projects on them.  In the Guide section of the Location page, we're looking for the text string "There is an active project here!", like the one currently on Kiiminki Stretch in Chakra Phool.

I guess it could be added by way of appending the visited / non-visited location with the same message "There is an active project here!" and have it to the right of the street in green, so both a crossed-out visited street and a non-visited street could display the message.
    Posted 13 years ago by Yeoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really wish I could play so I can understand what most of you guys are talking about.  I get achievements, and that's about it.

OPEN OPEN OPEN.
    Posted 13 years ago by Snuffleupagus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can try the queuer and set skills to start as soon as you log in.  The location viewer shows you what streets you have visited, so you can go to new streets and get more XP for the first visit, instead of going along the same routes.
    Posted 13 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Yeoman - I updated my version of the script to include that.  Download it here:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/102308.user.js

If you do, make sure to uninstall Dave's original, as they do the same thing.
  • Lord Tweedmouth I think I love you. That script is AWESOME!
    Posted 13 years ago by HarleyQuin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @HarleyQuin - thanks!  I'm just building on what Dave started.
  • One thing that would be awesome for the aspiring zombies would be a count for number of times dead...  I die alot, Would be useful to know just how much.
  • HQ - I bookmarked the location:   Hell
    Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Travinara Thanks, good to know :D Have bookmarked so I can check it every so often :D
  • @Lord Tweedmouth: almost exactly like I envisioned!  Thanks to both Dave for creating, and you for building on the most useful script there is!
    @Dave
    : please update your OP with the newly enhanced Location Checker 2 URL:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/102308.user.js <<--- Best. Script.  Evah.
    Posted 13 years ago by Yeoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • #Lord Tweedmouth thank you very much! This is wonderful :), no more hunting of projects !
    Posted 13 years ago by gia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A shorter URL for the new locations checker: http://bit.ly/glocations
  • Thx so much, Lord Tweedmouth, you rock! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was wondering if ALL the locations are actually listed? I have all the updates and have 22 locations left to visit from the locations list. Yet Rascalmom for example is 69 locations higher than I am?? im confused :) im currently on 301 locations visited and 22 left on the locations list not visited. Any ideas? :)

edit love all the app though so thank you everyone who made them.
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Misha- Just a guess here: The Mirch, Phool, and Jethimadh housing divisions and apartments don't seem to be listed in the locations yet.
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the OP, the added link to Lord Tweedmouth's  Favor Checker is not working.

ETA... looks like it might be a problem at LTs site.
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @alwayesJW ok thanks, will check them out next test :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lord Tweed - I want to update your new locations checker script a bit so that it downloads the list of new locations, so that it doesn't have to be updated all the time. Is there somewhere online that we can host a JSON file and both be able to edit it? Do you use Dropbox? That's the only place I can think of.
  • @Misha - Yes, locations are missing. I pulled the extra streets from the Glitch Strategy wiki, but some are missing. Dave and I will work to update the list. Feel free to post missing streets, with links.

@Pirate Apples - As far as I know, my script is working fine. It works when the game is offline as well. However, it DOES take some time, longer the lower you are on the favor leaderboards.

@Dave - good call. I have a server. Maybe I can set something up? Otherwise, Dropbox could work, but let's use a bit.ly redirect, so we can change where the file is, without requiring a reinstall.
  • @Dave - is there a way I can contact you privately, so we can continue this conversation?
  • @LordTweedmouth - When I click on "install" for Glitch Favor Checker, I don't get an option to install.  I get what I assume is the actual script. 

Do you want me to cut and paste what appears?
  • @Pirate Apples - it works the same as any other Greasemonkey Script.  Chrome should show up on the bottom of the browser, and prompt you   Firefox should show the script and prompt you, but ONLY once you've installed the Greasemonkey add-on.
  • @LordT...  sorry if I'm being thick here, but, using FF, when I click on "Install" this is what appears on my screen:

// ==UserScript== // @name Glitch Favor Checker // @namespace beta.glitch.com/profiles/PC... // @description Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page // @include beta.glitch.com/leaderboards/* // ==/UserScript== function checkFavor(){ jQuery(document).ready(function(){ var giants = ['alph','cosma','friendly','grendaline','humbaba','lem','mab','pot','spriggan','ti','zille'], $giantBox = jQuery('.sub-menu h2:contains("Giants")').next(); function toTitle(str){ return str.charAt(0).toUpperCase() + str.slice(1); } function getRanking(giant,url,baseUrl,index){ baseUrl = baseUrl || url; index = index || 1; jQuery.get(url,function(data){ var lb = jQuery(data).find('.full.leaderboard'), youTr = lb.find('tr.you'); if(youTr.length == 0){ index++; getRanking(giant,baseUrl + 'page' + index + '/',baseUrl,index); } else { printRanking(giant,youTr.find('.count span').html()); } }); } function printRanking(giant,count){ /*jQuery('#'+giant).html(giant + ': ' + count);*/ giant = toTitle(giant); $giantBox.find('a:contains("'+giant+'")').append('<span style="float:right;margin: -5px 28px 0 0">'+ count + '</span>'); } for(i = 0; i< giants.length; i++){ /*jQuery('#results').append('<li id="'+giants[i]+'"></li>');*/ getRanking(giants[i],'http://beta.glitch.com/leaderboards/'+giants[i]+'/'); } }); } var script = document.createElement('script'); script.appendChild(document.createTextNode('(' + checkFavor + ')();')); (document.body || document.head || document.documentElement).appendChild(script);

ETA: I have Grease Monkey installed and the other scripts listed here are working fine.
  • @Pirate Apples - no idea.  It works fine for me.  I just tried it.
    But what you're seeing is the script itself.
  • Well, rats!  I installed it earlier and it responded as expected... but when I thought it wasn't working (maybe didn't wait long enough?) I removed it and tried re-installing.  That's where my problem began.
  • Lord Tweed, is the email address on the website linked on your profile a good place to email you?
  • I so appreciate the work you guys have done...just thought I would throw out a question, did see something similar, but...anyway...

Is it possible for the achievement checker to list the amounts that have been completed...i.e.53/103 pigs, 6/11 deaths, 7864/10003 red elements - it seems to me the information is there, after all, the game knows when to award the badge.  It would really be nice, and I harbor no illusion that I would even know where to start for such a thing ~ nor how complicated it would be to do.

But, again, thanks so much for the things that have been done.
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave - sure, go for it.

@Firestone1960 - I wish we could list progress on achievements.  The information exists in the game, but as of now, we (players) have no access to it.
  • @Lord T ~ thanks for the answer!

...and, as stated before ~ really awesome work and helps me so much!!  Thanks again. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lord T - I actually figured out a way for it to work! I hope you don't mind that I've already edited the script. I would have used a bit.ly redirect but those can't actually be edited once you create them. You (and anyone who wants to help) can edit the JSON file here:

www.glitch-strategy.com/wik...

It might look weird on the wiki site, but the raw file (when you go to edit it) is A-OK.

The new version of the location checker can be found here:

dl.dropbox.com/u/7637957/lo...

PLEASE uninstall any old versions before installing this! In Firefox this means going to the Add-ons screen, under the Firefox menu or the Tools menu, and in Chrome this means going to the Extensions screen (chrome://extensions).
  • @Dave-I love seeing all the talented Glitchers here. Ty so much! I just tried the new location checker. The count is very handy.
    It does seem to have lost the "Active Project" alert and all the housing locations that had been included in the previous version.
  • Oops, I'm sorry - I forgot to include the active projects part. Reinstall with the link. You don't have to uninstall this time.

The houses should be at the bottom, no?
  • Got the projects now, ty! 
    No, still not getting any of the housing quarters, blocks, etc. like these Pasha's PlacePasha's Quarter, 1100 blockPasha's Quarter, 1200 blockPasha's Quarter, 1400 blockPasha's Quarter, 2300 blockPasha's Quarter, 2400 blockPasha's Quarter, 3100 blockPasha's Quarter, 3300 blockPasha's Quarter, 4200 blockPasha's Quarter, 4400 blockPasha's Quarter, 5200 blockPasha's Quarter, 5300 block
  • Phew! That was a pain to fix. Basically: Chrome has a long-standing bug with the way I was getting the extra streets. I've rewritten things and it now works as it should. Reinstall (once more!) with that same link.

Although now, oddly enough, I'm only getting some of the streets... it's broken, but in a different way. I will try to fix it later today!
  • Working great...thanks so much Dave! *emo bear hugs to you*
  • @Dave - I'll take a look at it today.  It's morning for me now.  Also, email me off-list, so we can collaborate better.  Great work!
  • I got things working! Sorry for all these now-useless posts, the final version (I believe) is here, still:

dl.dropbox.com/u/7637957/lo...

Please uninstall any old versions before installing this!

(I'm emailing you now, Lord Tweed!)
  • Bump 
    Posted 13 years ago by Divine~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave-a street not listed:
    Dalsan Detach
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Street listed but not showing on map Meadow Start in Groddle Meadow
  • Holly Waterfall, I added that one earlier today, can you make sure it's showing up for you? It's in the giant list at the bottom.

Riscy, that street is a special street - only new players show up on it. It's otherwise impossible to get to.

Also: I'm looking for location IDs (or links) to the special streets - streets that you do quests on. Races, the Rook quest, the one where you talk to a piece of dirt, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Somehow I'm missing about 40 locations, based on what the leaderboards are telling me!
  • Dave, are you going by gyoza's number? I believe that's a dev.
    Posted 13 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ok, thanks Dave :)  Wondered why I could not see it on the map.
  • Nah, I'm going by everyone else's number, MaryLiLamb - the top travellers seem to be at ~370. I've got 352 right now, but about 15 of those are all in the currently-unreachable Alakol.
  • Okay, gang - I have an update for you guys:

The Location Checker has undergone a minor overhaul, and now downloads its own updates. Basically, whenever I or Lord Tweedmouth comes up with a new and exciting feature, you'll AUTOMATICALLY get the new update. Wow!

All you gotta do is install this update for the very last time:

dl.dropbox.com/u/7637957/gl...

There's a couple more changes I made: you can now set a street as your destination right from the locations page. If you see a street you haven't visited, you're one click away from getting the route to your destination. Also, in terms of cosmetics, the streets you've visited are more readable. Rather than the light gray and crossed out look, I just made it gray.

Much better :)
  • Terrific Dave! Thanks to you and Lord Tweedlemouth. :)
  • All awesome scripts, using them all. However, the version management of scripts in GM seems to suck (unless I'm missing a trick). Any chance that the top post could be updated with the current versions of the scripts listed so we can know when there's an upgrade to each script available?
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great stuff!
    Posted 13 years ago by geoffreak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These are incredible!! Thanks to everyone who made them.
    Posted 13 years ago by Peppercorn Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8