Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thanks Dave, for this thread.

I just got a hand-me-down computer that needed to be re-set up, and all  your links were wonderful.  All in one place.  Usually I remember I was using a GM script when something doesn't work the way it used to, and I finally decide that the feature isn't part of the site, it's a script.  Then I have to remember the name and find and download it again. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh fab, love the re-ordering
    Posted 13 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is the achievement checker broken? I go to Achievements on Encyclopedia and do not have the graying out and reordering you mention. It used to work fine for me. I'm on Chrome and whatnot. Any ideas/tips?
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My achievement checker is not functioning as well...I d/l again from Lord T's link just above to be sure I had the most recent.

...and, once again ~ thanks all for these great scripts!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Firestone1960 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • achievement checker is also not working for me. deleted and reinstalled with updates. Tried both Ping and Lord o Bacon likes.  Im using Chrome. 
    Thanks for all the work you folks are doing though :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • same for me, I deleted and reinstalled and I am using chrome, you have spoilt us guys,
    thanks for all the scripts they are great.
    Posted 13 years ago by gill288 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Achievement script not working for me (Chrome 11.0.696.71.   Win 7). Tried all script versions.

Location script is nearly* awesome.. there are definitely locations which I have visited but not shown as visited. I have not been through a reset yet, but a few of the places involved quests which crashed on me (tree-jumping for eg) and others which lingered on my quest-log for weeks. 

*But it's only a teensy-weensy-itsy-bitsy 10 to the power minus infinity bit not awesome. :)))
    Great stuff and thank you.
    Posted 13 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like everyone else has said, thanks to everybody for these awesome scripts. I use all of them and they definitely provide that extra little something that would be hard for me to go without now.
    Posted 13 years ago by That Kid Tyler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, my.  Tiny Speck changed some of the code for the site.  We have to update our scripts to fix this.  I'll get on it as soon as I get a chance.  Probably tomorrow my time (it's 9pm here).

Unfortunately, the way they did it will make it much harder to add in the reordering bit.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Tweedmouth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I recently uninstalled the achievement script because it wasn't working (it still isn't working,) but I also reinstalled the location checker for good measure.

Now when I run the location script it displays Bortola. Where did this place come from?
    Posted 13 years ago by Zaphod Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lost all scripts except skill queuer.  Following your instruction all I see now when I try to reinstall is the actual scripts.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  I'm using FF4
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wanted to say that these are fabulous and I'm addicted to them  Thanks for all your work!!!  I was able to reinstall by choosing the search function in Grease Monkey, why that worked I have no idea.  Not logical but who cares, it worked.  The achievement checker is not displaying correctly but you posted two days ago and have reposted so I'm gonna assume that you've still got to work on that one.  Again, thank you so so much!!!
  • Okay, let me understand - the opening post has all the updates and tweaks you guys have made throughout this thread - correct??  If so, would you mind placing a date next to the script with the last update and if it is an automatic update or if we have to manual load the newest version, remove previous version, etc.  This would certainly help those of us that are NOT as savvy as you guys who write the stuff (kudos - they are awesome) . 
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the acheivement script isn't working for me now, do i need to do something?
    Posted 13 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the script broke because the Achievement pages are using slugs instead of IDs in the achievements links. It looks like re-ordering isn't possible anymore.

Here is my patched copy without the re-ordering function in until Lord Tweedmouth / Dave figures out how to fix it.

Install (without reordering)

Hope it helps!
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want to say how much I love these features and to thank you so much for them. Being new to the game and computer challenged it took me a bit to figure out how to use them. They really make learning skills and exploring so much easier. I just downloaded the above patch and will try to figure that one out as well. 

Thank you so much....Breezy Meadow (aka Nancyca from FS)
    Posted 13 years ago by Breezy Meadow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just wanted to confirm that "set as destination" doesn't work in the locations checker?
    Posted 13 years ago by Snuffleupagus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can they be installed on ie?
    Posted 13 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wish I had the time right now to make it... but am thinking of a GM script to give the user the house/realty details on mouseover of a house for sale/sold  ---  as in, a tooltip-like box that details what's on the property [ 1 chicken, 2 pigs, 3 ducks, 4 goats, etc. (yes, I know there are no ducks & goats)].

DEVS: a way to sort the listings... but price/items/etc. would be awesome THANKS!
    Posted 13 years ago by Dorko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Snuffleupagus: It doesn't work on certain streets, and unfortunately the way that the destination is set doesn't give us any information about whether it worked properly or not. It's the same if you go to the location page and click the "Set as destination" button, so blame the game! :)

Daniel: There probably is, but I have no way of testing that out. If you want to search Google a little bit and find some equivalent I'm sure there's an option available.
  • ping, thanks so much for the update!!
    Posted 13 years ago by greenkozi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Ping, re-ordering isnt that big a deal, its just so much easier when we can see what we have/need. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My skills still seem to be progressing even no the game is down. bug?
    Posted 13 years ago by James Backstab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is how it works James Backstab, no bug.
    Edit: Here is a brief discussion about skill learning advancing during down times dated 10 months ago.
    Please stay on topic if you can. This thread is about Greasemonkey scripts. Cheers!
    Posted 13 years ago by Simplin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It used to say "game is disabled" when the game was down and skills did not progress.
  • With this last test that closed June 5th, I noticed somewhere during the testing phase as they released new homes in Alakol, for example, the location checker wasn't picking up the new blocks that opened.  One example, the blocks on Ojan Repine on my checker show blocks 2100, 2300, 3300 and 3500.  But, 1200, 1400, 4100 and 4300 are open.  Another example, blocks on Isalan Interval Quarter do not show on my list which would be blocks 1100,2200,2400,3200,4300 and 4400.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the list remains the same.  I'm wondering what I might be doing wrong and if you can steer me in the right direction to get the current list.  Thank you so so much and I'm again so thrilled with these tools and am truly sorry to bother you with this.
  • Hi AS, i noticed that myself. If I understand it right, they have to add the new locations manually and need the URL for that. A lot of work to keep up to date, I suppose.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jaenelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @AlmostSilver  - Jaenelle is correct.  The new locations are a manually updated list, and are consequently frequently not up-to-date.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Tweedmouth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Simplin Thanks. Wasnt sure if it was the script doing it or not.
  • You're right, I manually add them myself. Some of the work is automated for me, so most new streets get added within a day. Housing streets are a little more complicated, though, and new housing streets are frequently undetectable with the system I have. Between each test I have to go to the realty pages and check each region manually. I might be able to make that easier for myself, but I haven't gotten around to that yet!

And just so you know, unless they added new houses in these regions in the last day of the test, every region except Alakol is completely up-to-date. I will add the rest of the Alakol streets soon. You don't have to install anything when the list gets updated, since the script uses the most recent version automatically.
  • So, Dave, would it help you if we had a thread to post new housing blocks?  I noticed this test that new housing had opened in Fairgower Quarter in Groodle Forest  (I think it was the 4100 block).  Previously there were 4 blocks, now there are 5
  • I don't think we need a new thread, but if you want to alert me to new housing, you can use the wiki - if you click "Add Topic" on this talk page and mention which streets are new, I will see that fairly quickly. It would even be more helpful if you gave me a link to a house on the street! Anything would be appreciated, though :)
  • That page doesn't have an 'add topic' link for me.  Would I have to create an account there to be able to post? 
  • Oh, I guess so. If you don't want to make an account there, you could always just post it to this thread, that would be fine.
  • Thank you guys.  I didn't realize you had to add it manually.  I can surely provide you links as I find them.  Anything to make it easier for you guys!  Again, you are totally awesome!!!! Love your stuff, all of it!
  • @ Dave.  I created an account in Wiki and went to the page you posted.  Sent you a link to a sample house on the 1200 block in Alakol.  I'm hoping I've done this correctly and it's the sample you need.  If you can confirm that I've done it correctly, I'll happily provide you more of them.  In other words, a sample house from each block.  Let me know.  I didn't want to push forth and barrage you with stuff that's not right.  Waiting for you to confirm.  Would probably be best if you confirmed here in the forum and then I'll continue to give you links at your preferred address.
  • That is perfect. Thanks! I've added that street and will go find some more after I eat dinner. (Unless, of course, you beat me to it!)
  • Re: Locations script, is it also possible to enumerate what resources are available on a street, similar to how you identify which streets have active projects? Specifically, I'd love to know which streets have fireflies and/or barnacles on them. Obviously, things like trees are subject to change and may not be accurate, but at least the resources that are static in nature would be cool.

I don't want the page to be so cluttered that it becomes unreadable, but since I had planned on doing this manually, I figured I'd throw the idea out there. Translation: I'm lazy :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Joe Blow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm, it's possible... since it's checking each page anyway it wouldn't be hard to scrape the resources as well. I do think that's a good idea and I've thought about it before, but I've never figured out how I want to do it.

But now that I think about it, I think it could be as simple as a drop down box that makes the page only show streets that have those resources. So, when you select "Pigs", only streets that have pigs will show. I think it would be accurate for trees as well - at least during the time it checks. Does that sound alright?
  • Wow! That would be great!
    Posted 13 years ago by Riverwalker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Drop down box would be perfect! Thanks for listening, Dave!
  • @Dave.  So glad it was right.  Well, here's the offer.  We have a group in FB with some former FSers and friends and we'd like to volunteer our services to help you keep track of all the new places.  How would you like to do that?  Shall we just venture forth and you'll know if it's a dup, checking your current location list that it doesn't exist?  Each volunteer can check a street, new neighborhood.  Our goal is to save you work not create more or get in the way.  So, for now, unless we get a post from you otherwise, we'll just venture forth using your current location list and send you our finds.  Thank you so so much for all you do.  I'll ask them to create a wiki acct since that seems to be your preference and I have the impression you work from there most of the time.  Also, here's an offer...if there's anything we can do above and beyond this, please call on us.  Again, you guys rock and we'd like to help. 
  • Alright, I came up with something - it's not 100% finished (since I want to move things around a bit) but it's fully functional. Let me know what you think.
  • Hate to ask cause these are SO cool and I know you work hard on them...is the achievement checker being fixed or anything? :) thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave, that is absolutely awesome. Once again you rock!
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much for your labor of love!
    Posted 13 years ago by Riverwalker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No problem :)

RM: ping made an updated version a few replies back. I've updated the link in the main post to point to the working version.
  • I think that this just became the single most helpful thing that is available.

I know TS had mentioned that a vendor search (or something) was going to be available at some point, but I would like to see this *exact* thing (drop down list) as part of the in-game map.

Bravo, Dave!

(And no, I'm not crying tears of joy. I have something in my eye.)
  • Dave that is just awesome, thank you so much! 
    Posted 13 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink