Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Also bumping again for all the new folks up in the forums. Welcome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there anyway I can que my skills I use Safari 10.4.11 Thank you
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The achievement checker link doesn't do anything when I click it in Chrome.
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yeah - achievement checker seems to be broken.
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So achievement checker, favor, and features are all broken in Chrome. That's too bad.
  • The achievement checker works for me :\ I'm not sure if it's ping's though; I'll check.
    Idk what might be wrong.

Edit: the locations checker also works for me.
    Edit2: as well as the favor checker.
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have version 12.0.742.122 of Chrome and the Achievement Checker, Location Checker and the Favor Checker all work for me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Yeoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Yeoman: I have the same version of Chrome, so I tried disabling Adblock and it worked! Thanks for the info.
  • What is the difference between api and greasemonkey script? Is it the same?

Is it possible to make something which checks for new posts in groups you're a member of and display it as a message on you homepage?
    Or which shows the latest post in a group on your overview page?

It's very annoying to have to go to each group and check if there are new posts, instead of being able to have some sort of "view unread posts" thingy.
    I don't mind HOW it is achieved (as I said, a message on a homepage, or the title of the latest updated post + timestamp of updating on the groups page), just something so I do not have to check each group...

(I doubt this is possible as it is forum stuff and pure "game" stuff, but the line between it is vague to me.. if I never ask I'll never know!)
    Posted 13 years ago by Miriamele Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Greasemonkey scripts use the API to display extra or different things on various pages.  For example, the location script changes that page in the encyclopedia to have extra features.

I don't think there's anything in the API right now that can get info about groups, but if you want to request it, click on the "API" link at the bottom of any page and go to the forums there to make a feature request.  Or you can go to the ideas forum and request it as a change to the forum and groups system! Does that help clear things up at all for you?
    Posted 13 years ago by Magic Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the location checker is AWESOME!! thank you. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Where does one enter the nearest feature desired? I don't see anything below the map routing section. Does it only work when the game is up?
  • @widdershins: Just look on the bottom of the page of your current street. It's a section called "Nearest Features" below the "Map Routing" section. It will list all features, you don't need to select a feature. It works even when the game is closed.

http://beta.glitch.com/locations/LCRMCBQCRN12OFL/ - if the script is enabled, you should see it on this page and all other street pages.
    Posted 13 years ago by SleepyAce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, I thought the script was supposed to let us enter something we're looking for and return to us the nearest location. No?

Huh. I have it installed in Chrome, but there is no Nearest Features section below the map routing. Also we're supposed to be able to click on a feature for a listing of all the locations.
  • I've done everything I can think of but as of this morning the location checker is not working.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared history, exited to desk....help???? Any thoughts, several other people noticed same thing.  Any and all help would be so appreciated.
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AlmostSilver - try again now. I noticed it wasn't working this morning but it's working for me now.
    Posted 13 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave-any chance of reposting the Reverse Achievement checker? It really works better for mind to have the ones that I NEED to do grayed out. My mind can convert better done/done/not done. Thanks so much in advance.
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm... Locations script isn't updating any more, does somebody need to update the list?

Edit: Isn't updating reliably. New streets in existing areas still seem to show up, but new areas aren't listed and residential streets in existing areas aren't showing up on the list reliably.
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are these still being updated? (my veiled attempt at bumping the thread)
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just installed the location checker before this last test, but loading the locations page while "in world" made the game crash. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Eureka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Visiting this thread because of the same thing others are seeing--locations don't seem to be updating, for example, my version doesn't have Salatu at all. I'll check back later to see if there is any info or instructions about this.
    Posted 13 years ago by bugeye Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The current version of the script requires someone to manually update a location file every time a new street is created. And that someone is probably enjoying a sunny beach vacation IRL, so it looks like there have not been any recent updates.
    Posted 13 years ago by scottj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If Lord Tweedmouth / Dave are having sunny beach vacations, POWER to them! I'm sure they deserve it.

For those reporting locations / regions not updating, can you report with specific examples? If need be, please disable the script/extension and get the links to the missing locations. For example, I can't find any street or region named Salatu at all.

If someone can point out specifically what's wrong, I or someone else can try to provide a patch. I'm not a big explorer/traveller so I can't tell which locations/regions are missing.
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw lots of links as I read through this thread and now I don't know which one to use to get the latest/best version.  Are the links in the original post the latest version or do I need to use one of the links in the thread?
    Posted 13 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Location checker is not working for me... when I go to the Locations page it just says Loading Streets and it never loads at all.
    Posted 13 years ago by Squorble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Squorble: Try reloading the page.
  • The Achievment one still has achievements I have earned grayed out, is something wrong?
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Laurali, the grayed out badges are the ones that you've earned.
  • I greatly enjoy these, ping, thank you for creating and maintaining them. :) I think it would be neat if there were an all in one package option, to install all scripts in one go, with an icon to manage them appearing. :3 Then it would be super easy to update to the latest version if everything were part of one extension. Just a suggestion!
    Posted 13 years ago by Mahkia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bumping the thread again!

The Location and Achievement checkers have never worked for me in Firefox. (I'm running version 6.0.1 now.) Never saw anything grayed out or crossed out on their respective pages. Is this a known issue?
    Posted 13 years ago by Vortexae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm running 6.0.1 and they work just fine for me. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good to hear, WindBorn.

Poking around some more...

I just uninstalled, reinstalled, and closed and opened Firefox. Now the Achievement Checker is working, yay! (It takes a moment for the page to load up and then re-style to gray out stuff.)

As for Locations - it occurred to me that maybe NoScript might be interfering. (Silly of me not to think of it before now. I guess the few GM scripts I run don't load info from other URLs, so it wasn't a factor before.) I discovered that I was blocking scripts from the Glitch Strategy wiki url and from david-corry.com. Once I allowed those URL to run scripts, I got the "Loading Streets" progress bar I'd never seen before, and then the page came up exactly as it should.

This is AWESOME.

So... anyone else having trouble on Firefox, check your NoScript permissions and see if it helps!
    Posted 13 years ago by Vortexae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for bumping Vortexae and thank you so much to the script creators and list maintainers! It's like Glitchmas morning for me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Vortexae

Yeah, that NoScript is awesome in its own right, innit? 
  • I wish there were a way we could see how many times we have done something,and by just hovering over the achievement badge we're working on.
    So if someone is working on the Zombie badge,for example,he could just hover the mouse over the Zombie badge and see that he's been to hell say 75 times ->75/251; or if he's working on the Paul Bunnions badge,it could say 750/1009.
    I posted this here rather than the ideas section,because I'm hoping someone can create one of those greasemonkey scripts for it. =)
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • fwiw, my Locations script only goes as far as 874/875 streets even though there are well over 1200 now. Does anyone show more than 875?

As I understand it, each street has to be entered manually into the script----a tedious and time-consuming job to say the least. It suspect the authors, who wrote and maintained the script on their own time,  just couldn't keep up at the rate glitch has been expanding these lat few weeks.

Maybe a ts staffer could take it over so that the script is up to date?
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My achievement and location scripts have stopped working.  Do I need to reinstall or does someone know if there is some reason why this has happened?
    Posted 13 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Enola have you tried re-installing them? 

There have been several browser updates in the past few days, probably because of the security certificate kerfluffle. 
  • An overdue clarification, the locations script is by Dave & Lord Tweedmouth, not me. All credits to them please!

That said, I have a patched copy of the location script with the details here. I'm looking for people to keep the locations list updated (you don't need to know code or be a developer), please check the group thread. TIA!
  • On second page...and i was looking for it! BUMP :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Darklee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we are going to need this with the reset - BUMP!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jewel Stoned Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just made a script today..

This basically just replaces your stats up at the top bar of glitch with the persons whom profile you are viewing. This ONLY works on a persons profile, nowhere else so it shouldn't be confusing. I will update this and add new features as I get ideas.
    --Edit ( Note: if you want to test it before glitch opens back up. Find someone who is staff and has played or else you will just see the same stats as everyone who has been reset )

Script:
    userscripts.org/scripts/sho...
    Forum:
    api.glitch.com/forum/7311/
    Posted 13 years ago by DeusAphor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will I need to uninstall the Dave & Lord Tweedmouth script? Or will this newer one just take over?
    Posted 13 years ago by bugeye Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the newer one takes over, but you could uninstall the first anyways, to be safe. It should be painless :p
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For anyone who hasn't seen yet...some of these are invaluable!
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF TS COULD INCORPORATE SOME OF THESE FOR US.
    Posted 13 years ago by Xyrem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heads up if you left the Auction Script running!!

You may want to turn it off before the game starts.  It is possible that you would end up purchasing something and use up all your currants without even realizing it.
  • Does anyone know whether the Skill Queuer will still work with the reset?
    Edited for spelling
    Posted 13 years ago by Originalauntie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you!!!  
    Posted 13 years ago by Reba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed Xyrem. But, after we open...
    Posted 13 years ago by Audaria Subscriber! | Permalink