Topic

Greasemonkey Scripts

I thought we could use a dedicated thread and directory for these - I wrote a couple and know of at least one more, but if anybody has written a script, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

If anybody isn't sure what Greasemonkey scripts are, they are basically code that runs on top of a website, enhancing it in some way.

---

Installation:

For Chrome or Opera, you don't have to do anything. Click the link to the script, and it will install.

For Firefox, you need to install the Greasemonkey extension and restart the browser, first - then click on the link to the script, and it will install it for you.

Both Safari and IE can't easily handle Greasemonkey scripts, so I'm not going to offer any advice right now.

---

Achievement Checker - 6/4 update courtesy ping - Install - Screenshot

When you view the list of achievements, all the ones you've already achieved will dim out, highlighting ones you need to work on.

Location Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth and me - Install - Screenshot

Likewise, when you view the list of locations, the places you've visited will gray out. Unlisted locations are added dynamically, which gives a more accurate idea of your progess.

Nearest Features - by Poh Boy - Install - Discussion Thread

Sometimes you need to find the nearest Mab shrine or nearest grocer - this script allows you to see at a glance (and click to set your destination) the nearest location that has the feature you need. Alternatively, Poh Boy has a version that doesn't require Greasemonkey on his website.

Skill Queuer - by ping - Homepage

Queues skills for automatic learning.

Glitch Favor Checker - by Lord Tweedmouth - Install

Adds info about the favor you've accumulated with each giant to the leaderboards page for quick access.

Posted 13 years ago by Dave Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 Next
  • @ Rachael:  Secret streets?  SQUEE!  That's awesome.  Now I have a whole new quest!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pallas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey all...

So I don't recall which script this was a part of, though I suspect it was a part of the location checker.

There used to be a drop down by the upper right of the encyclopedia locations page..
    in it one could select a resource, or an item, and it would filter to show only locations with that item, and it'd have the number in parentheses...

example:
    [select butterfly]

marrakesh meadow (3)
    ritzok rise (2)
    meadow's edge (5)

etc. (note bogus numbers..)

Where'd that go? How come I don't have it any longer?
    Posted 12 years ago by Gabriel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • got it back..

installing fresh (uninstall others first) from lord tweedmouth's code page made it work (/brought it back):
    code.google.com/p/glitch-lo...
    Posted 12 years ago by Gabriel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I must be confused....I can't seem to get the location one to work.  Can someone explain in small words how to do it?
    I have greasemonkey..I got the acheivement one to work, just not location checker.
    Maybe I need to uninstall ?  But I dont know how to do that either :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch Wardrobe Improver

Adds the ability to get a outfit code which you can share or use with your friends. 

A Remove all button. 

A list of tags to filter the clothes on

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114620
    Posted 12 years ago by DeusAphor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, didn't see the Giant Favor Checker! Cool :)

Might collect these links for the Wiki (so they're all on one page!)...
    Posted 12 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't get the location checker to work?
    Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm having trouble getting the location checker to work too (using Chrome). I wish I knew more so i could figure it out :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Twoodle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The link for the achievement checker seems to be broken?
    Posted 12 years ago by Kross, the Empress Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dead link on achievement checker for me too
    Posted 12 years ago by B-Unit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just installed the Skill Queue, location and achievement checkers last night. They are amazing and brilliant and I want to thank y'all for putting the time into developing such awesome extensions to Glitch. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Woggy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I has sad. These script are EXACTLY what I've been looking for bu they just won't work on my Mac running Chrome. It really makes no sense that some these features aren't included **shrug**
    Posted 12 years ago by LadyKona Paradox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I use FF on my Macs. They work beautifully! And the game plays well on FF too. Better than Safari, at least for me. I don't use Chrome much, and never for glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @LadyKona - I use Chrome on Mac, and all of the updated scripts are working for me. Which ones are you having trouble with?
    Posted 12 years ago by Wundur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a new script for the Favor Checker, or am I doing something wrong?  I'm running Chrome, and there's no change on the leaderboards when I install it.  All the other scripts work great, and ALL are HUGELY appreciated!

We need to have a Scriptkiddy Appreciation Party!  (is that still a derogatory term, or are we reclaiming it?  I am unhip and unaware.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pallas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I use Opera, when I click on the link, it just open file .js like a text in Opera, nothing installed or downloaded. I have enabled java script, do I have to do anything else?
    Posted 12 years ago by BeChiu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • for Favor Checker
    You need to change all the link from beta.glitch.com to www.glitch.com inside the JS file
    then the script will work ~
    Posted 12 years ago by kennymoody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone smarter than me going to fix the favor checker script? I tried to download and update it with the www URL, but it's still not working for me...would love to have this one back, even though the leaderboards are always a bit off...
    Posted 12 years ago by Uniquely Prime Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i have the most recent chrome and have installed the location checker and can't get it working. I have no idea - everyone says it is simple - the extension says it is there and i have a pretty much default version of chrome. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Chester Todd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Home page "Auto-More" script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/115113

It automatically clicks the "More..." link when you scroll to the bottom of your home page so you get more feeds.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jebus905 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Glitch Location Checker is showing 20th floors at Jeban Journey Towers, floor 20 and Hakusan Heaps Towers, floor 20 yet there aren't any 20th floors.  Also would it be possible to add secret streets to the list of locations?
    Posted 12 years ago by Hameigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The greasemonkey Add-on for firefox updated today and now the Skill helper script is not helping me queue skills.  Anybody know if that's been updated yet to work with the new version?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ren_tara, BatQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOVE the changes to the Location checker. It loaded instantly! Thank you soooo much.
    Posted 12 years ago by Breezy Meadow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cant get the favor one to work no matter what I do.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • uh, the location checker doesn't work for me. i use chrome on mac.
    Posted 12 years ago by Grenadina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not able to install the achievements checker for some reason. I keep getting a screen with a box and it says Error (404). Is there another link that I'm missing somewhere?

Thank you :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Wife of ToeLivz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Wife of ToeLivz says is correct. The achievement checker gives this.

Error (404)We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you're having problems with the achievement checker, go here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114077
    Posted 12 years ago by Effigy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dave-I have been able to go to Effigy's link and download the achievement checker. However, when you first put them out (way back on page one) I was one who asked to have a reverse order done so that the achievements I'd completed were highlighted and the rest grayed out. You were able to provide this for me but I don't see where that particular checker has been updated. Could you (or someone else with equal knowledge) please post this link so I can install the updated version on my new laptop. Thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Has anyone noticed that on Thicket Street, it lists Tii Quarter housing? Is this a Greasemonkey misassignment? or a game bug misclassified?
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr007 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Achievement checker is now highlighting/graying but not sorting the achievements as it did before, seems to be correlated with the addition of Aranna and Callopee completist badges - is this just me or is everybody having this problem?
    Posted 12 years ago by Effigy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cant get any of the scripts to work, what gives?
    Posted 12 years ago by wuilyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wuilyl, what browser and version are you using? This thread is a bit outdated, if you are looking for the latest location checker, try this:

http://code.google.com/p/glitch-location-checker/
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can someone tell if this is the update version if not please update the links at top please.
    Posted 12 years ago by KurtLing Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @KurtLing: Have you checked the wiki?
    Posted 12 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @KurkLing

Which script are you asking about?
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • just asking if the links are updates since it was posted 6months ago.
    Posted 12 years ago by KurtLing Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would really like to get this achievement checker to work but I can't.  Using chrome I click on the link and it should work? Nope? Something I'm missing?

http://code.google.com/p/glitch-location-checker/
    Posted 12 years ago by Webbie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone know who to contact to help contribute locations for the location checker? I'd be glad to!!!
  • thank you so much to whoever added more streets to the locations script!!! there are a ton more now!!!
  • Is there any scripts that check whether we have enough favor points to get the emblem? I often miss the notice and don't know that I have enough points for the emblem. I have to stroll around checking each shrine :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Bu-chan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Dave, I'm using Google Chrome and the Location Checker just will not work for me. I found this add-on through the wiki and the link the wiki provides goes to an entirely separate website and the installation still does not work.
    Posted 12 years ago by CandyCaneChild Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does anyone know how to get the location checker and favour checker to work on chrome?
    Posted 12 years ago by MaraSummers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed, using Chrome and it keeps saying that both the Location Checker and Achievement Checker installed successfully but they're not working still.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mixterrific Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 Next