"A game of Giant Imagination"
In Glitch Craft you land in a empty street with a Crafty Bot and a lost Gnome, and it's your turn to re-construct Glitch...!
PLAY Glitch Craft
A bit like Minecraft, you can choose from a bunch of building blocks (aka SDBs), with different looks and properties, and some physics components (a bit like Patterns). You'll need some IMG points, so your crafty bot can make those blocks just for you. Currently you can get IMG in Game of Orbs, and maybe from other mini-games later who knows... :]
User snaps: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
How to play:
- Make sure you're logged in on Glitch website for the first run
- You character will be retrieved and all the stats saved for next time
- Get points from Game of Orbs first
- You can drag and drop everything with a left click
- Right click on the crafty bot to wake it up and choose a block
- Then with Middle Click or the button on the bot create as many as you like
- Delete blocks with Middle Click or by dragging the bot while it's active
- Rock block: looks like rock (100 img)
- Glass block: looks like glass (200 img)
- Wood block: looks like wood (300 img)
- Metal block: stays still wherever you drop it (400 img)
- Air block: floats in the wind - right click to increase speed (500 img)
- Music block: plays a note as you pass by - right click to change note (600 img)
- Jump block: bumps you in a direction - right click to choose direction (700 img)
- Press 1, 2,or 3 to change the zoom
- Press TAB to appear in front or behind the blocks
- Press G to get your Gnome near you
- Press C for the Crafty bot
- Press B to get All your blocks (use with caution!)
- Press S to take a snapshot of your creations
- Your Gnome can play music blocks too, try to drag him to any air block for a ride
- Base blocks are quite likely to fall at some point, you may need metal for the structure
- Click around the top of the music block for a higher note, and at the bottom for a lower note
That's about it, I hope you'll have some fun with the sandbox.
Base idea was to create a full demo with the assets, character connection through the API, and linked games system, while TS decides what to do with the assets.
I'm actually not interested in recreating Glitch exactly as it was, but rather as I wanted it to be (as much as my limited skills and time let me). Game of Orbs is different from Goc, and Glitch Craft is actually a mix of a few ideas I and others posted in the forums in the past.
While this is just about "blocks" for now, the same thing could be expanded to the landscape or house decorating when the assets "parts" are released, like placing exactly where you want each tree and such. Then saving all that server-side so everyone can share their streets later :]
Play as guest here