Topic

Farewell, Glitch, farewell, glitchen.

I don't remember when I signed up for the Glitch beta. I do remember when I received the invitation: I was at my sister's, visiting from many miles away, meeting my baby nephew. Back then Glitch meant nothing to me: I entered, I took a look around the tutorial, and went on with my day. 

When I went back to my home country, I started playing. And I started loving. I never thought I would love an MMO, I'd always avoided them, their senseless grinding and overall hostile communities. And then there was Glitch.

For a long time I had fostered this idea that I would like to work at Tiny Speck eventually, leave a mark on Glitch. I spoke to Robin Hunicke at GDC Europe. I checked out the jobs page frequently. So when they announced Glitch was shutting down, I not only lost my favorite past-time, but also a huge plan for my future.

I cried a lot since then. I still cry every now and then. I guilt myself for crying over a game. But it feels like I lost so much more.

But I'm happy that I was here. I didn't leave a mark on Glitch, but Glitch certainly left a mark on me.

Thank you Tiny Speck, thank you all glitchen.

Good night.

Posted 11 years ago by camicami Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• lovely!!  I think you did leave your mark.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by pondicherry ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i never cried over a game before glitch.
    before glitch i wouldve scoffed at such an idea of crying over a game

that was before glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beezu Subscriber! | Permalink