Topic

Staff Topic

Notes on the Reset

As we get closer to launch, many of you have been asking questions about the upcoming reset. And rightly so. We've created a new FAQ with the details, but I'll go ahead and list them here to make sure everyone gets to take a look. Please let us know if there's anything you're still concerned about. 

The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
• All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers). This means you will lose all items in your inventory, on auction, and in your house if you happen to own one. In fact, you'll lose your house too.
• All currants
• All skills
• All completed quests
• All achievements
• All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)
• All attachments in your in-game mail

It will NOT affect your:
• Subscriptions
• Credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes
• Avatar customizations (Vanity and Wardrobe)
• Name 
• Profile information
• Buddy list
• Forum posts
• Activity feeds
• Groups
• Text from in-game mail
• Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)

Update!!! For the lucky Glitch who's held on to their Egg Hunter Trophy and Yeti, you'll need to place them safely in either your inventory or trophy case for them to survive the reset. No leaving things on the floor of your home - all houses will be wiped clean. 

Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5
  • Great post, Blanky and ty for the info! (((HUGS)))
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was awesome, Blanky :) Thanks so much!
    Posted 13 years ago by Nea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Blanky.

*rubs Blanky* My, you are soft!
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderful, thanks for spelling it all out! Now we just need to know *when* :).
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Blanky - thank you so much for keeping us up to date  - looking forward to reset :)
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ty :)
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Take everything but the house. I don't wanna lose my address :(
    Take my name, my buddies, my vanity, my wardrobe, but pleeeeeeeeeease let us keep our houses!
    Posted 13 years ago by acreditando Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Acreditando: you just have to be real quick after reset to grab that house before someone else gets it... It'll be a great challenge!
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for reiterating this so everyone can see it. Is this expected to be the penultimate reset?
    Posted 13 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so afraid of that challenge Shepherdmoon... cheer for me
    Posted 13 years ago by acreditando Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm assuming currants will be lost too, though they're not mentioned?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sid Soloveitchik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would imagine that currants fall under "All items in your possession".
  • *wonders why Innie keeps rubbing my Blanky*
    I'm taking Blanky to bed with me for snuggletime! Find your own Blanky! :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks a lot, Blanky! 

@acreditando, I'll miss my place so bad. Just got a new one D:
    Posted 13 years ago by Lexi Smart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Acredito! your willing to lose your buddies but not your house? humph! LOL
    Aww, shoot (as she kicks a pebble) I still like you! lol
    Posted 13 years ago by Joy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *begs but in a very quiet whisper*: Oh please may I keep my SB-1? ;)

Thanks for that detailed post, Blanky:)
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All this talk of reset is making me both extremely nervous and excited at the same time. In fact, the combination of these two things is making me kinda sick to my stomach... brb.
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sid, you are right. Currants will be lost.
    Posted 13 years ago by kakul Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *stands real close to RM and blinks eyes innocently* pllllleeeeasssseee can i keep mine too???
    Posted 13 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ skwid: LMAO---so funny---so true----me too.....brb
    @RM & Rainy: I hope so! If the magicians can save chocolate bunnies, they sure could save that oh-so-rare SB-1  (Can I hold it for just a moment, pretty please with sugar on top?)
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do dice qualify as special items? Or are we losing those, too? :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Essie Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Even though I don't have one, I think people with the SB-1 should be able to keep them.  Those are Really Special items. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have four eggs, but am missing the fifth for an Egg Hunter Trophy. Will I lose the eggs?
    Posted 13 years ago by ss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ss, find me when the game opens, and I'll give you the fifth egg.  They will all disappear, but they'll be replaced by the bunny trophy, which you will get to keep.
    Posted 13 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BarryW:  as far as we've been told, this will be the very last reset before the game launches.  Hooray!
    Posted 13 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about achievements of friends?
    Like "add 5 friends"
    We need to re-add them or something?
    Posted 13 years ago by Bakasora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After the last wipe, because we already had the friends, the buddy achievements came pretty automatically within the first several minutes in game.
    Posted 13 years ago by Essie Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • glum: I'll try to get on when it opens, but I'm traveling, so it's unlikely. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by ss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I am jealous of those who have an SB-1 I do think they should get to keep them. At least if the block is still going to be given out when the game goes live.
  • Never heard of the SB-1 block...how do you get that?
  • It's a special music block given to people from the devs. You can't randomly find it in the game… Unless a dev randomly gives you one that is.
  • Ahh...ty for the answer :)

Then yes, those who have received the SB-1 blocks, should be allowed to keep them. :)
  • Well of course, who would be so small minded as to deny someone a special gift, SB1 are so rare it would be a shame to destroy them.  I hope someday to hear what it plays, love my music blocks.  
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm starting to get nervous about the reset.  Almost like stage fright but kinda of worse.  Focus calm down blue oceans it will be a glorious day,  freak out.  I so have an RC factor.  I want the reset but hate any and all changes from my comfy spot.  I need a blanky 

Am I the only who both loves and hates the idea of a reset?
  • If you haven't heard one yet, sgjo/xoxJulie, IM me in game; I'll come play for you. It's a fun little thing :). You can read about them on the Glitch wiki, too. 
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why cant we keep the completed trophies earned in street projects? I got three completed ones. But I look forward to the reset!
    Posted 13 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There will be more streets to open when the game goes live Atlantis.
  • It seems reset is nigh... I await to take it on... with trepidation...

eta: I just listened to the SB-1 and it is fun and I like it -a lot!
    Since this is a gift -indeed a special gift- it should survive the reset. 

(*sigh* wish I was special.....)
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
    • All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers)"
    May I as you which these items are, as I joined the March 25th and if I remember well was stil is Alpha.
    Posted 13 years ago by babi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • babsi, as it says in the OP, Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been in i dunno over a half dozen mmo betas and one alpha. Every time it happens; people get cold feet about the reset. Don't sweat it; think positive. In a few weeks you'll be wishing you had more quests to do. ;) you'll have a huge advantage over the noobs, and your friends won't let you languish. Cheer up!
    Posted 13 years ago by FlirtyvonSexenhaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh silly Scilly of course your so much more than just special, we love you.  At least you got to hear  the the famous SB 1,  Tell you what we can go catch ourselves a dev and hold them for ransom or make them walk the plank, shake them upside down until we get 2 music boxes SB1, then just to make it more fun we can them in a rook's nest.  I still have to kill a rook's egg and you can hit your follow key.  Are you game? LOL
  • Waaahh ..am scared..can U make it quick and painless plzz..I don't like pain!! :-( 
    Posted 13 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm actually kind of excited to go back to ground zero.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Right, Shipwreck?  I will know exactly how I want to learn all the skills and which house to save for. :)

Thanks for the sticky, blanky!
    Posted 13 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Next up, the date of release and reset! Is it still the everlasting six weeks? Last I heard was September, and that starts tomorrow!
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *sigh* time to burn off those currants on stupid things :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Djoe6897 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have no currants burnin' a hole in my pocket and, as such, will be used to slumming it. I think, however, we will have a bit of a jump on things in knowing what we want to learn first and where to get our papers so that we can buy a house and ride the subway. We WILL have the advantage.... I guess that'll have to console me as I pine for my pet chicken, Barbie Q Wings.  *sigh*
    Posted 13 years ago by CoffeeSnob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I, too, both love and hate the idea of the reset. It in invveribelr. Inevertiber. Inevitertiebl. IMMINENT!

I'll miss my piggies the most: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Teatime, Snacktime, and Dinner. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by KP Doody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *pokes Dagnabbit Rabbit in the eye and takes back the Blanky*  My soft Blanky, back off!

Grabs scillygirl....Rub the Blanky, it will make you feel better!
Previous 1 2 3 4 5