Topic

Staff Topic

Notes on the Reset

As we get closer to launch, many of you have been asking questions about the upcoming reset. And rightly so. We've created a new FAQ with the details, but I'll go ahead and list them here to make sure everyone gets to take a look. Please let us know if there's anything you're still concerned about. 

The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
• All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers). This means you will lose all items in your inventory, on auction, and in your house if you happen to own one. In fact, you'll lose your house too.
• All currants
• All skills
• All completed quests
• All achievements
• All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)
• All attachments in your in-game mail

It will NOT affect your:
• Subscriptions
• Credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes
• Avatar customizations (Vanity and Wardrobe)
• Name 
• Profile information
• Buddy list
• Forum posts
• Activity feeds
• Groups
• Text from in-game mail
• Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)

Update!!! For the lucky Glitch who's held on to their Egg Hunter Trophy and Yeti, you'll need to place them safely in either your inventory or trophy case for them to survive the reset. No leaving things on the floor of your home - all houses will be wiped clean. 

Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• oh ok. it is getting closer by the minute...
    Posted 13 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm actually excited about this :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *I guess that'll have to console me as I pine for my pet chicken, Barbie Q Wings*

ROFLMAO, Coffee!!
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I lost my SB musicblock in the the last reset, just FYI.  Maybe that will change for this one, so cross yer fingers.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Perhaps there should be a "survived a reset" badge.
    Posted 13 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wait, Michael Jackson's son Blanky works for TS? Woot!
    Posted 13 years ago by Skippy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, tomorrow is September, but the impending reset will not be happening yet. It will be announced well in advance, as was the last one. Don't panic!
    Posted 13 years ago by Essie Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since street trophies have been absurdly difficult to complete, I'd love to see them survive the reset, too.  New ones could be added later, so there would be new challenges for those of us who've completed the existing trophies.
    Posted 13 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 glum pudding - I agree!
    Posted 13 years ago by lovintnt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Blanky!

um .... is "upcoming" anything like "soon"?
    Posted 13 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i was hoping to keep the completed street creator trophies as well.  I don't feel like we'll have the same opportunity to earn them after reset, unless all the streets go away but i very much doubt that...
    Posted 13 years ago by ixaeon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the notes!

(and for those of us who want to keep our houses... I wonder how many people will be helping others to claim their current homes after the reset - after all, we have "muscle memory" on getting to some folks' houses). 
    Posted 13 years ago by WhizGidget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • With all the houses available now, I'm not worried about which house where, will be a lot of fun figuring out which one and when I can afford it.  I don't think with the currant adjustment that we can rely nor should we on the gracious gifts of friends.  They'll need to keep their currants for upcoming purchases.  Just my thoughts.
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • to the giants: (staff)

i know the wipe is going to happen. i respect it. i meekly request to the giants to let me keep my luminous moonstone. it has a lot of sentimental value to me. if i could keep only one item, it would be that. so giants, this is my meek request. please let me keep my moonstone.
    Posted 13 years ago by Invader Melissa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for this :)  
    Personally I was hoping the Easter eggs would stay, as it would be a shame for entire item types to be wiped out of the game (unless you're planning on a rerelease next easter, although I'd have thought new designs would be possible for a new Easter). 
    The other stuff that's going is replaceable, so that's good with me :)  
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww, I was hoping I'd get to keep my dice.
    Posted 13 years ago by hollow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ ebil
    how do you get easter eggs anyway? i've heard of them, but never seen one.
  • You play the game at Easter...
    Posted 13 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • During Easter, Egg Trees occasionally gave one of five 'special' easter eggs. If you collected all 5, before Easter ended, then you got a chocolate bunny trophy. If you didn't collect all five then they are probably collecting dust in a corner of your house as you wish for the missing egg(s) to complete your collection.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ruby Specklebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Could we at least keep our hard-earned currents?

*pretty please with sugar and sprinkles on top*
    Posted 13 years ago by Kayvee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ruby specklebottom
    thanks for the info. just a random thought, but thanks to this game, i can't look at crows the same way again. the reason being that they look like rooks.
  • Do we keep our completed street trophies?
    Posted 13 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Starting over again would be fun and I don't mind losing everything.

I do, however, like the idea of alpha beta testers being allowed to keep one thing as a souvenir.  Some glitches have a sentimental attachment to at least one of their belongings.
    Posted 13 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks.
    Posted 13 years ago by Purple Allyson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm hoping the dice and any remaining game of crown tickets are keepers. The ARE developer gifts after all.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do all the new streets that we built get wiped out, or do they reset?  Do we start over with a whole new world and map?  Or won't you say? 

If we keep the world, I'd love the work of the Beta-Testers to remain as a legacy.
    Posted 13 years ago by KhaKhonsu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As a newb beta tester, I'm excited by the idea of seeing the world in its simpler times! But... as long as they can pump out new and exciting areas then it wouldn't bother me at all to keep the streets we have, either.
    Posted 13 years ago by FlirtyvonSexenhaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The world will remain built out, and building will continue after the game opens. (stoot said that, but I don't have the link at the moment)
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Invader Melissa
    You can still get the Easter Trophy if you manage to obtain all of the eggs. This isn't exactly easy to do, I bought 4/5 on the auction house (5-10k each, cheap imo) and was very lucky to find a person in chat who had a spare (extremely rare) golden egg. Put all 5 in your inventory and the game converts them into a trophy (you lose the eggs, but gain a trophy). If you're going to go for it, there's no time better than now as you chances of finding them get lower and lower as time goes on.

P.S. Rooks are a type of Crow
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope we get to keep the new 12 sided dice!
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes that is a big question ScillyGirl5...do we get to keep the various toys/die/dice that we recently got in game?  If not, how will get them again since some of them were mailed to us...
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do things have to be reset? I don't want to lose my skills and favor. Or the bags full of items. It just doesn't seem fair. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Eceauvian Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you will get it back Eceauvian :)

What about the trial subscriptions. will those tp tokens and credits go through?
    Posted 13 years ago by Djoe6897 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Djoe6897 read the original post :) (but yes they will)
    Posted 13 years ago by Gabi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trust me, Eceauvian, some of us that have been playing a while are actually looking forward to reset, where we can begin again with the knowledge of what we've learned over these past few months...embrace reset....it's a chance to start over...do some things differently, and in no time, you'll have everything back and then some! 
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm guessing reset will happen in about 3 wks. Just in time for new TV shows to interest me and then make me choose between Glitch and them.
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why choose? Do both Holly! It doesn't take all that much attention to collect cherries or mine. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Mereret
    I assume all road projects will be resetted, if it isn't, the game will become too easy.

I hope the reset will occur after I graduated, which is still 8 months ahead :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Aether Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, the road projects won't be reset.  There will be new road projects in the future as the world continues to expand.
  • The "Zoom Out" Button on the map is only A "Zoomed In" version of the world I heard. So, there will definitely be more street Projects.
    Posted 13 years ago by jjbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh serious? That's ok then.
    Posted 13 years ago by Aether Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with b3achy. Do we get to keep our 12 sided dice?
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Reset will be a hoarder's nightmare come true.  I'm trying to have a mind set that finally the game is finally ready, no more resets.  What we make, buy, earn we will get to keep from now on. 

Right?

I have not seen one comment that this will be the last reset ever.

??????
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @xoxJulie

Per Stoot's reply from ages ago, this will be the final reset before the game launches.
    Posted 13 years ago by Essie Kitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was this rumor going around that there are only a few tests left, I am not sure if it is just a rumor or if there was something posted somewhere about that.  Anyone else know?
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Reset will be a hoarder's nightmare come true.  I'm trying to have a mind set that finally the game is finally ready, no more resets.  What we make, buy, earn we will get to keep from now on." -xoxJulie

I'm not sure what you mean. When you say "from now on," do you mean after the reset?
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Laurali,  the most recent word from stoot, back in August, was that they expected the game to launch in September.

This thread was started by staff on August 31, which further leads people to believe that the reset is "soon".
  • I agree with WindBorn
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes and yes.  

Yes I mean after the final reset LBO.

Yes I read the thread about 6 weeks for final reset at the end of July, and also read the end of beta should happen around end of  September.  Which has a more definitive date than "soon".  I look forward to the reset with some trepidation.  The game must still have a few bugs to fix so I'm just going to keep having a great time playing when the game is open and not worry about  something I have no control over.  When Tiny Speck or staff actually confirms date of reset than we will know when soon is.  What a freaking commotion that will be here in the forum and final beta game days.  I sure don't want to miss that.  LOL
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This reset will be the last--to confirm Essie Kitten's reply. So it's an...um...once in a *future* lifetime opportunity. It'll be like the Gold Rush out there, hopefully with fewer claim jumpers. 

Also, the street projects that've already been completed will indeed be sticking around for you to traipse through. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink