Topic

Staff Topic

Notes on the Reset

As we get closer to launch, many of you have been asking questions about the upcoming reset. And rightly so. We've created a new FAQ with the details, but I'll go ahead and list them here to make sure everyone gets to take a look. Please let us know if there's anything you're still concerned about. 

The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
• All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers). This means you will lose all items in your inventory, on auction, and in your house if you happen to own one. In fact, you'll lose your house too.
• All currants
• All skills
• All completed quests
• All achievements
• All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)
• All attachments in your in-game mail

It will NOT affect your:
• Subscriptions
• Credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes
• Avatar customizations (Vanity and Wardrobe)
• Name 
• Profile information
• Buddy list
• Forum posts
• Activity feeds
• Groups
• Text from in-game mail
• Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)

Update!!! For the lucky Glitch who's held on to their Egg Hunter Trophy and Yeti, you'll need to place them safely in either your inventory or trophy case for them to survive the reset. No leaving things on the floor of your home - all houses will be wiped clean. 

Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "It'll be like the Gold Rush out there, hopefully with fewer claim jumpers."

But, hopefully, just as many brothels.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, I think I'm already resigned about that, it will be like a post apocalypse era, something like madmax lol

I'm sure those with great friends will grow much faster, so I'm relieved about this with friends like Joy and Lexi (and so many others)

And new projects being kept is awesome, even more now that we start Kalavana region... All those newbies and tests with longer period surely make me increase the expectations after reset ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by acreditando Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to chime in with a request that street creator trophies survive the reset, and here's why:

a) Selfish.  It's obviously good for me.  Full disclosure ;)

b) Once I got my trophies, I stopped being so obsessive about going to projects (and dumping all of my hoarded goodies and mining cash into getting into the top 5).  I suspect I'm not the only one.  If the experienced street creators have to start all over again, it leaves less opportunity for people who haven't had a chance to experience that part of the game already.
    Posted 13 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just out of curiosity, will inactive accounts get deleted in the reset, or are all accounts making it through?
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is it my imagination or do newer members of Tiny Speck get the less desirable postings -- Like reset! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know this shows me up for the sub-standard little glitch that I am, but I just don't know if I can face the reset. I love glitch, but I don't know if I can stand to go through all the early stages again.. even if it's fun, it takes too much of my time already, and if I were just repeating old quests and going over the same stuff, it might just push me out. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Rather Obscure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've gotten to the point to where I can hardly wait for the reset.
    I am kinda looking forward to having to start over - just to have more things to do.
    BUT - the main thing I'm looking forward to is the fact that Glitch will be open when I want to play!! 
    WOOHOO!! How cool will THAT be!!

Yah, yah...I'm missin' Glitchin' - I soooo wanna play right now! :D
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For me, the reset will be welcome cause I'm working on my last skill.  With the reset I'm gonna enjoy every quest and not race thru them like I did the first time.  Savor the moment, that's the promise I've made to myself!  (Cept the Rook Egg, I've got my plan in place for that little gem. Not gonna admit how many times I climbed the tree and goofed up on my leap to the branch, but if I did it once I can do it again!)
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rather Obscure: That's a danger with being a beta tester.
    Posted 13 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will I loose my mind!?
    Posted 13 years ago by MeherMan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @MeherMan: yes. But maybe you'll find mine.
    Posted 13 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am now looking forward to the reset, as I know what not to do and also what to do. One thing I won't do, is buy small bags, I will wait until I can afford a bigger bag. I also will be a bit more choosy on my skills, the ones I don't really use much, can wait till later. I still haven't done the darn spinach tree, my jumping is still usless. Good way of getting spinach though.
    Posted 13 years ago by Miss Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No not back to the BA....they are a bunch of slow lizards who sip coffee and make you wait in that rat hole they call a waiting room.....I don't wanna have to wait for my papers again...I wanna ride the subways and such....*crying and whining like a spoiled two year old*...
    Posted 13 years ago by SookieYaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe a minigame?  If you win you get to jump the turnstile and ride the subway without papers.
    Posted 13 years ago by Wiggles The Fluent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @SookieYaki- I never actually went to the BA, I just used the auctions... saved a lot of time.
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AlmostSilver - I'm with you. I've learned all the skills already, and I plan to take my time with them after the reset. I'm scoping out inexpensive housing, and plan to try out all the houses eventually!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @wiggles, ridding without papers should be done by ducking down on the top or hanging on to the side of the car for dear life.

A quest where the subway train breaks down and we have to go into the fogy tunnels to repair it before the juju invade could be fun...  maybe an abandoned subway tunnel line in the ancestral lands.
    Posted 13 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Artlilect - maybe depending on what land you're in?  The analogy that comes to mind is Manhattan vs Mumbai...
    Posted 13 years ago by Wiggles The Fluent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just to add my two cents worth (OOPPS, I mean my two currants worth!!:) ).
    THANKS for the INFO!
    Posted 13 years ago by Fstra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Artilect, that's genius -- Seam Streets invasion!
    Posted 13 years ago by FlirtyvonSexenhaven Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Any word on how much notice we will receive before the game goes live?
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i can't wait for the game to reset. i have to admit, at this point i am not that motivated to play until it happens.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mimi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have some experimenting to do, skills to try out... knowing a reset is on the way does reduce the dung beetle urges to amass the biggest ball of well... currants and other stuff.
    Posted 13 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Artilect: great reference to dung beetles :). 

@Laurali: last I heard from Stoot we will probably get at least a week's notice, but he isn't sure yet.

I am also looking forward to reset...
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well crap - I must be the biggest loser alpha tester ever.  I don't have a yeti or a special music box or a bunny trophy.  But I do love the game and will just go up to my many garden plots and eat worms while I ponder the reset.
    Posted 13 years ago by MisAdventure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder how close to opening the reset will happen? A few minutes before,or a few hours,or a couple of days,or...?
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The reset will be before the opening, possibly a week, but at lest a few days (according to Stoot in an earlier forum post somewhere).
  • Here's stoot's commentTo the original question: the launch will follow the reset. They won't happen simultaneously. I don't know how long of a gap there will be, but I'd say one day would be the absolute minimum (more likely 2-3 days and, who knows — it could be a week!) In terms of "head starts", it won't really matter: there will always be some players who start on one day and some other players who start the next day …
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want a date!And by that I mean the day of reset/launch. I have a date. She's my wife.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • when will the server be open again?
    Posted 13 years ago by Werewolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Windborn. =)
    Posted 13 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, now that it's "mid-week", let the constant refreshing begin, until someone gives us more information... 
  • So is the reset the notice that the game is going live?  Or is there going to be a notice of the reset that will notify us that the game will go live in minimum of 1 day, probably 2-3, or a week?

Shepherd:  Have you heard how they will inform us?  The forums?
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Laurali, my post and the two above it were referring to when the game will be open for testing again. As for the reset: it will occur 1 day to a week or so before we go live (depending on what the devs eventually decide on). Notice of this occurring should happen before then, but exactly when is still up in the air. I don't know for sure, but I presume they would inform us of the reset in the forums, and inform the whole world when they're going live in various places.
  • Woohoo! Can't wait for the reset! It's too bad we lose our items/houses but it's worth it (Glitch 24/7 is gonna rock!)!
    Posted 13 years ago by beta_girl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ skwid
    i know. thats why i cant look at crows the same way again. they look too much like rooks.
    Posted 13 years ago by Invader Melissa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks! (drat.. i am gonna loose mah piggies :( i finnaly found one with an awsome name,honey child
    Posted 13 years ago by zapphorah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the only things I will hate losing (apart from a Home) are my Toys.
    Posted 13 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, I read this and didn't notice anyone else ask, and if you did, I'm sorry I missed it (skimmed the comments) ... when the reset happens, does all the "first time you visited" x street to "34th visit to x street since x time last visited" reset as well? And if that happens, does that mean all the new streets will disappear and will be remade? Also, is everyone starting out in the exact same spot? If so, I will have to wait a week or two to play, otherwise, I'll be in one big headache of a lag ... I'll never get anything done. So yes, a definite heads up would be nice, because I'll be the one who plays after everyone else :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Brekkana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Streets will not disappear.  Staff have said that several times. 

Even now, everyone doesn't start at the same spot.  But, knowing there's going to be a crush the first 24 hours.

But, given a staff comment that was just made, I'm going to guess "Sept 15" as the start day for the reset. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kinda unhappy and happy bout the reset on theone hand i lose pretty much everything but on the other , i have the fun of not working on getting it all back but ... glitch 24/7 wont be half bad :P
    Posted 13 years ago by GinjaNinja Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After the reset, where will we start?  will all the glitches start in the same place?
    Posted 13 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will the reset also reset the locations?  Would dropped items in a location be deleted?
    Posted 13 years ago by Kayvee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, Kayvee--the locations will be reset to the state they were in when they were first created. All dropped items will be deleted.
  • im waiting for the opportunity to restart so i can focus on certain things more than others.
    eeekk.
    Posted 13 years ago by CeCe Music Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh no and I tried so hard and achieved so much, my currants! took so much to build up, I so wanted a slightly larger garden to play in, oh well the main thing is I keep my chums xxxx
    Posted 13 years ago by deeply confused Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh so scared and curious, I trust you Lord and Master ()
  • Mz Don't leave me pls
  • I'd love to know what the last test is before the reset (have heard this might be it?) because I have like 100 emblems and it would be fun to do an art project like make an emblem mountain.
    Posted 13 years ago by bugeye Subscriber! | Permalink
  • will the world be devoid of trees and animals?  I think it would be cool if there were no more than one of each per street to get us started.  Then it will feel like we truly created the world (even though the giants really did)
    Posted 13 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink