Topic

Staff Topic

Notes on the Reset

As we get closer to launch, many of you have been asking questions about the upcoming reset. And rightly so. We've created a new FAQ with the details, but I'll go ahead and list them here to make sure everyone gets to take a look. Please let us know if there's anything you're still concerned about. 

The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
• All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers). This means you will lose all items in your inventory, on auction, and in your house if you happen to own one. In fact, you'll lose your house too.
• All currants
• All skills
• All completed quests
• All achievements
• All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)
• All attachments in your in-game mail

It will NOT affect your:
• Subscriptions
• Credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes
• Avatar customizations (Vanity and Wardrobe)
• Name 
• Profile information
• Buddy list
• Forum posts
• Activity feeds
• Groups
• Text from in-game mail
• Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)

Update!!! For the lucky Glitch who's held on to their Egg Hunter Trophy and Yeti, you'll need to place them safely in either your inventory or trophy case for them to survive the reset. No leaving things on the floor of your home - all houses will be wiped clean. 

Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This will be my first reset, so I'm looking forward to the practice.  "-)
    Posted 13 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are the Glitchmas Yeti and Egg Hunter Trophy the only special Alpha/Beta tester items? That really sucks because I only started beta-ing on April 22.
    Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Piratice. I haven't gotten my hands on a yeti or the eggs (since they get destroyed to make a trophy). I mean, since the devs do nothing but play Guitar Hero while eating chinese take-out and obviously contribute nothing to this fantastic world, maybe a Beta tester item would be a neat thing for us to have. Ya know, for fond memories.

Also I'm being completely sarcastic about the chinese food. Obviously not for the Beta-tester item.  As for the Guitar Hero? I've seen photos on Flickr. Don't think I don't know what all of you really do while the game is down. ;D
    Posted 13 years ago by LitaPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LitaPie and Piratice, my loves. FRET NOT FOR I SHALL BE HERE. Sort of excited for the reset but I also feel like, having completely missed the last test... like I'm somehow not even part of this world anymore.

Where is Princess Fi when I need her? *hugs to you*
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "not even part of this world"

NONSENSE. You are a Glitchen for life! :D You are a twinkle in the eye of the Giants and shall remain so for forevermore. 
  • I'm sorry if this has been mentioned about. I scanned down and cant see.

If were keeping the egg hunt bunny trophy. Will it pop up in our infantry at reset? I can't get it off my trophy case. Do I also need to keep my Yeti in my bags like the last reset??
    Posted 13 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Misha I'm assuming you don't need to try to put the trophy in your inventory. It'll probably just show up once you buy a house after reset
  • Weirdly, I'm looking forward to being stripped back down to a level one Glitch with only the clothes on her back.  I'm such a packrat, it's freeing to have no more stuff, and all those skills to learn afresh!  :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Radasha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yippeee!!  Looking forward to reset day and eventually to game opening up to all.  Now to start again with hopefully the right track - Main thing though - Have Fun!

Confused - I'll still be here - you can't lose me that easily ;-)
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Blanky,

I'll always remember the Plexus conga! I look forward to the next one after the reset.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ananda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty sure of the answer, but I will ask again anyway:
    Will I lose my Friedrich Nietzche doll? He *is* special, but I don't know if he qualifies as a specialty item.

Looking forward to being a newly-imagined Glitch again.
    See y'all after the end. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me too JW - I'd love to be able to keep my Friedrich Nietzche doll too...pretty please devs :) It's not even in the encyclopedia any more?
    Posted 13 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @JW & Teena.  I so hope you'll be able to keep them!  Here's wishing and hoping and praying!
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm guessing we're losing our cubimals... oh well! One last cubimal party?
    Posted 13 years ago by Squeakymouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • HOLY CHEEZE AND CRACKERS, I SEE A CERULEAN. <3
    Posted 13 years ago by LitaPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Could someone in-the-know please confirm that items left in unowned houses will vaporize? Or will they be left around randomly for the next buyer? (Everyone "official" whom I ask says that "as far as they know" items in houses will vanish, but I have a massive hoard that I don't want to leave for the next buyer and would rather not have to clean it out before noon if I don't have to...)

Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm selling all my stuff for one current each have fun.
    Posted 13 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do we keep our special beta tester item that we just got?
    Posted 13 years ago by Wombat of DOOM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eleanor, Wombat - check the first post for your answers!

Oh, alright. House items: All gone. Special beta item: Keep.
    Posted 13 years ago by Spong Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG!!  We got a special beta tester item?

I hate RL!! Stupid WORK (the worst of all four letter words)!!!

Now I'll never know what it was, because it will surely not be in my inventory. It was probably mailed to us, in which case I am SOL. And very MAD... This is a SNAFU... or maybe it's FUBAR? 

Would someone get me a Pirin Tablet ASAP?! I'm going to have a breakdown PDQ!!!   ROFPMSLMAO
    Posted 13 years ago by CoffeeSnob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Uh...I sold my house and didn't know I was supposed to hang on to that bunny. Grr.
    Posted 13 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CS! Never fear! It should be in your mailbox (I think? Can someone confirm?) next time you log in :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I've not seen the pickle either Coffee...sigh...well, hopefully, it will still get delivered to me after reset...darn that work stuff!
    Posted 13 years ago by Uniquely Prime Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Saraphim, you should be fine - it'll show up in your trophy case next test (well, once  you get a house), just like trophies do when you switch houses.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oooh that makes me feel so much better, thanks! ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks cupcake... i hope ur correct.

or i may have to have another Alphabet tantrum!  ;)
  • LOL Coffee!!!!  Your post totally cracked me up.   And rest assured.  I am certain that you will receive your special beta-tester item....  the totally awesome Senor Pickle!!!!!   You will love it!
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Alphabet tantrum!!!  ROFLMBO!!!!
  • Regarding the update to this: if I sold my home before the end of the test, but had my bunny trophy in the trophy case at the time, do I still get to keep the trophy, or is it lost because I was homeless when the game ended? The way the update is worded sounds like it actually had to be in an existing trophy case to be saved...
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Coffee, I love you.
    Posted 13 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @PA- thanks... that's all i could think to call it. i was a bit miffed to find out that not only did i miss out on the Prime Number thing, but the beta-tester Senor Pickle too... It was truly devastating!  lol
  • @Avery - Awwww,  I luv u 2!!  :D     Please read my profile, as I do not want any mistakes or confusion. It's a disclaimer of sorts.  LOL         o.O
  • @ Uniquely Prime -  *hugs*  Would u like me to have an Alphabet Tantrum on your behalf?
  • @Coffee.... if you don't get your Senor Pickle, I am prepared to kick some serious..... oh wait... that's really not my style....

I will share my pickle if you don't get one. <g>

(okay... that sounded a little weird...)
  • LMAO @PA ... it sounded kinky, is what it sounded. LOL
  • Well aren't we encouraged to try everything in the world of Glitch? So Pa and Coffee are exploring unknown areas it seems.

Hugs to every one who have made this game and those to have made the game special for me.  I love all you devs and almost all the players.  Til we meet again - we will recognize each other as we will be poor, without drinks and begging for food from the piggies and butterflies. :=)
    Posted 13 years ago by MisAdventure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh SPLiZZ! I didn't leave my Egg Trophy in the case! Now it's gonna be wiped!

At least I still have my Yeti! ^w^
    Posted 13 years ago by Letter Jeigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm confused: how do you take a trophy out of a trophy case? I thought they only existed there and couldn't be removed. 
  • Shepherdmoon, I just wanted to confirm that trophy cases will be safe even though the rest of your house will be wiped during the reset. 
  • I did't leave my Egg Hunter Trophy in the case, will i lose it?
    Posted 13 years ago by PocketSand Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Blanky--and just to be sure, that will be true even if you didn't own a house at the end of the test, right?
  • Noooo! Just read this. My yeti is In the cupboard in my house. Is there any way to save him now?
    Posted 13 years ago by nao Subscriber! | Permalink
  • does this mean we lose our papers too? :( 
    Posted 13 years ago by Rrreginald Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *shifty eyes*

So, yeah... my, erm, yeti... is ALSO in, uh, my cabinet... yeah.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I had *cough* five yetis left in my house, if you can save those for me and just pop them back in the old inventory, I'd be most appreciative...

*cough*
    Posted 13 years ago by Cole Frehlen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ReginaldReginald, papers were gotten as a result of a quest so YES these will be gone and you will have to start over.
    Posted 13 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gonna paste my reply from another thread here for good measure:

"The giants are apparently taking pity on those who left their specialty items in their homes. In other words, a yeti in the cupboard is a yeti you'll recover. A pickle on the ground is a pickle you'll have found."

So the Glitchmas Yeti, the Egg Hunter Trophy, and the beta pickle will all be yours to keep unless you dropped them on the ground outside of your home (and yes, your backyard counts as your home). 
  • Will a pickle in the mail still be there?  I was working the whole last day of the test, and didn't receive mine.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If the yeti is covered in spaghetti and the pickle is in a piggy BUT the piggy is in your yard, can i have extra currants to start please?
    Posted 13 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Every beta tester will graduate with a pickle. You get a pickle, and you and you!