Topic

Staff Topic

Notes on the Reset

As we get closer to launch, many of you have been asking questions about the upcoming reset. And rightly so. We've created a new FAQ with the details, but I'll go ahead and list them here to make sure everyone gets to take a look. Please let us know if there's anything you're still concerned about. 

The reset will take your player back to Level 1 and you WILL lose the following:
• All items in your possession (except a couple specialty items for alpha/beta testers). This means you will lose all items in your inventory, on auction, and in your house if you happen to own one. In fact, you'll lose your house too.
• All currants
• All skills
• All completed quests
• All achievements
• All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)
• All attachments in your in-game mail

It will NOT affect your:
• Subscriptions
• Credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes
• Avatar customizations (Vanity and Wardrobe)
• Name 
• Profile information
• Buddy list
• Forum posts
• Activity feeds
• Groups
• Text from in-game mail
• Specialty collectors' items (at least the Glitchmas Yeti and the Egg Hunter Trophy)

Update!!! For the lucky Glitch who's held on to their Egg Hunter Trophy and Yeti, you'll need to place them safely in either your inventory or trophy case for them to survive the reset. No leaving things on the floor of your home - all houses will be wiped clean. 

Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 Next
  • Hey, everybody. Maybe this isn't the proper place for this question, but I've been scouring the forum posts for about day in hopes of finding an answer. I've only been playing Glitch for about a week, so this is the first time I've experienced a test. How long is the game typically down?
    Posted 13 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Questions - 
    1.  So we have limited slots when we first start over in your inventory - will some of those slots be taken by the Egg trophy, Yeti and Pickle or will they be kept in limbo till we purchase a house/apt and they'll magically appear in the cabinet?

2.  Our houses will be reset but the new streets won't be - does this also include group streets that were made or will they disappear as well.
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the update Blanky.

No one need be sour... pickles for everyone!
    Posted 13 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm cracking up over here at "You get a pickle, you get a pickle and YOU get a pickle..."

I just envisioned a Glitch Oprah. Have to work on this ASAP. (May be the cold medication talking. )
    Posted 13 years ago by NutMeg Botwin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hyaena - in reply to your question it varies - usually about a week or less.   Although once we restart this time it won't be going back down except for brief updates - gosh 24/7 soon can't believe it
  • Pssssst, don't forget my four yetis *nudge nudge wink wink*
    Posted 13 years ago by Cole Frehlen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have my street creator trophies... Is this a mistake, or are we allowed to keep them?
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seen this question on the reset: what is going to happen to the group streets?
    Posted 13 years ago by Djoe6897 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • psst Djoe - look up 6 post to question #2 

maybe if more of us ask we will get an "official" response as all I am hearing now are rumors.
  • Are the piggies getting reset?  Do they get to keep their names?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sheepalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sheepalot: the streets will all be reset to the way they were when they were first created, so extra piggies that didn't already belong to the street will disappear, and I presume that means that even the original piggies will lose their names.

I certainly don't know the definitive official answer to the question about group streets, but the statement by Stoot that they were doing a very rough test of the group street projects leads me to believe that they will be deleted, so we can make the new and improved group halls later (which could be completely, utterly, and totally different from what we've seen so far).
  • Blanky posted higher up this thread.
    Also, the street projects that've already been completed will indeed be sticking around for you to traipse through.

My groups street was a street project, I got my Earth trophy to prove it.
    Please Tiny Speck dont burst my bubble I no longer have any in my inventory.
    Posted 13 years ago by lyra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lyra, the regular streets will indeed stay. The question is whether or not the group hall streets will remain, which were created at the end of the last day of the last test.

Also, you're not suppose to have your street creator trophy, as it's not on the list of things we get to keep (see original post). I think that's a bug that hasn't been cleared up yet. Or... maybe the devs have/will change their minds about that. I hope not, as having to earn them again will give me more incentive to work on the projects.
  • I appreciate your response Shepherdmoon but the game in still evolving and unless there are privileged players who have direct communication from members of Tiny Speck we all sail in the same boat and await clarification.
    Posted 13 years ago by lyra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are certainly right there, lyra. But the original post on this thread (from a dev) says "All trophies (except the Egg Hunter trophy)" will be lost. Also, devs have told us in the past (in older threads somewhere) that the streets we have created through the street projects will remain in tact. So, there is direct communication from Tiny Speck members on both of those fronts. The only one that is missing is clarification on whether or not group hall streets will remain. My comments in that regard were due to my opinionated, yet slightly educated, guess (which I thought I clearly stated in that post).
  • My subscription says that it will get reset at the end of beta. Should this have happened by now? We left beta, but are kinda in limbo right now.
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since we still have one more test, the subscription probably won't reset until after that. Yes, we've been reset, but the game isn't truly launched yet, and they said before that the subs reset when the game officially launches.

But confirmation would be nice. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't get me wrong, but I just had to laugh out loud, when I read "Every beta tester will graduate with a pickle. You get a pickle, and you and you!" and then had to think about the fact, that the majority of us are grown-ups (or should it be "grown-ups")............................
    Posted 13 years ago by Kuki, very sad. Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me a pickle! yay! What does a pickle do? LOL
    Posted 13 years ago by Joy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • do we get to keep our cubimal boxes? i have to and i really want to keep them!
    Posted 13 years ago by tietie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can check what's in your inventory right now by trying to post a new auction from the auctions page. From there, you will see that your cubimals are already gone (sorry).
  • I hope it can race like or little toys and I want to know if we get to keep them or have to buy them all over again.
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm selling my pickle for 500,000,000 currants in 6 months. My plan is fool-proof, I tell ya!
    Posted 13 years ago by Messy Monster Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Don Draper- sadly, you're probably not far off lol
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don Draper wrote: I'm selling my pickle for 500,000,000 currants in 6 months. My plan is fool-proof, I tell ya!
    I'm gonna buy it and sell it for twice that in 9 months! :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm, the pickle can't be auctioned...so wonder if it's untradeable as well...not that I'm planning to give mine up...but it could put a kink in your plans for world currant domination...

Still no word on our street creator trophies?  I thought they'd be gone by now, but I still have mine...can we get a final reading on this one?  Thanks!!
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • FYI: I just got a help ticket response saying that TS decided to let us all keep the street creator trophies that we acquired before the reset!
  • Good to know...cool beans!  Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why are your beans so cool, b3achy? You need to cook them longer ;)
  • Maybe b3achy is soaking them to make chili later!
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got a pickle!!! Thanks OPRAH!!!
    Posted 13 years ago by KP Doody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Yeti is safe :-) Thank you!
    Posted 13 years ago by nao Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So annoyed I donated my Yeti without thinking.... :(
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will we get to keep the special object that only beta testers get? I don't even remember if I put it in my closet... I'll probably lose it anyway :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Anges Butterworth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Anges - that special object is your pickle...and yes you get to keep it. So now you(we) can play with our pickles all the time, whenever we want, by ourselves or even in groups!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sir Mixalatte Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Sir Mixalatte YAY! We could have a pickle pecking party!
    Posted 13 years ago by numnumyumyum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How much longer do we have to take advantage of the special beta subscription prices? I'm trying to save up and I don't want to miss out!
    Posted 13 years ago by DrSteve Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^I'd like to know the same thing for the same reason... when will the game be OPEN to the masses?
    Posted 13 years ago by Reba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DrSteve, TS hasn't announced when Beta will be over, but the information we have is that they expect a very short time (a single day was one estimate by staff) between reset and the end of Beta.

Once this test starts, it may be only a day or two before Beta ends.  It may be a week or two.  No one knows for sure.

As far as the masses, stoot has said that there's a good chance it will remain invite only even after it launches.
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 Next