Topic

Giant List of Locations for Traveler Achievements (The Penultimate Update as of December 5 2012) Current Count: 1439

An ongoing mystery with street location qualification has finally been solved (after 22 days since this thread first opened on 2011/11/8). A major thank you to everyone who helped report results, data, and information. The key results and findings that were previously uncertain but now confirmed are:

Places that count: Everything in Jethimadh Tower, all one-time quest locations including The Back Alley and Rooks' Woods, both old Hell One and new Hell One. Four locations from the limited time only Cosma Performance Testing.

Places that don't count: Subway Stations, Machine Rooms.
Before the release of new streets in Rasana and Aranna, there were 774 confirmed locations, which matched the maximum, non-glitched high scores leading to confirmation in exactly which streets did or didn't qualify.

Current List (as of December 5 2012)

• Update 50: Over 100 new locations released in the last month of Ur. New places not in the Encyclopedia are: 1 Seam Street (Namaste), 1 Underground Puzzle (Purplysa), 1 Uralia street (Symphonious Maximus), 2 Quests (Mental Block 2, Picto Pattern), Hall of Rejected Concepts in Jethimadh Tower: Mid (access from Tower St. West), and 6 unlisted locations in Vortex of Random.

• Update 49: Final two places? Distant End, uutiif (continues from Distant End). The door to Distant End is in Russula Involutii, Haoma.

• Update 48: New transit system in region Moshi Moshi Oshilatis adds 7 new locations. Shim Shiri was previously known as Asslandia.

• Update 47: 20 new streets in the incredible Nottis region. It's now possible to obtain the Globetrotter Extraordinaire achievement!

• Update 46: 29 new streets in Vantalu.

• Update 45: New Quest: An Old Fashioned B&E transports you to B.T.C Room #3.

• Update 44: Third season-themed level quest An Autumn Day unlocked from Epic #2. With three different quest endings, there are 4 total locations associated with this quest.

• Update 43: A new secret location unlocked by Epic #2: An Abstrixian Aside. A hint was announced by GOD in Local Chat:
    There's also a new secret spot hidden in one of the existing secret spots. Sorry I can't say more, but I am contracually prevented from doing so. Let's just say that it's a region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. Know what I mean??

• Update 42: Three new starter quest locations for learning some of the elementary skills: A L'il Animal Kinship; Breezy, EZ Cookin'; Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation. It just so happens all three locations have an apostrophe in the name.

• Update 41: New quests unlocked from feats, as well as reminisce quests from the Play Cube item. Receive the Play Cube after completing the Color Unblocking quest. Join the Club quest offers Pintura Prosa from jumping into the Curious Painting inside the clubhouse.

• Update 40: Three new regions unlocked from the First Epic (The Penyahtewan Assembly): Ormonos, Lida, and Jal.

• Update 39: New Mental Block quest released (2 locations, one for first-time and one for all subsequent repeats).

• Update 38: The Greedy Street Spirit counts as a new location upon reminiscing from the Emotional Bear.

• Update 37: Sequel to Walk Toward the Light, Radiant Glare quest added.

• Update 36: Being Watched quest added. Drink a Cup of Water from a Bureaucratic Hall Water Cooler. One of the few locations where snapshottery is not possible.

• Update 35: Two new party locations released (Aquarius and Val Holla).

• Update 34: The second feat unlocked a new region, Firozi, with 25 new streets. 1 additional linking street added in Alakol (Via Firozi).

• Update 33: First of the Giants-themed quest, The Last Pilgrimage of Esquibeth, adds four new locations.

• Update 32: 3 new quests: The Wrizzards and The Rube, Operation: Grow, and Walk Toward the Light.

• Update 31: Third Level Quest, Winter Walk, has four locations. Winter Walk and Winter Haven each have a first-time location and a repeat location. When you enter the quest from the second time onwards, you'll always be in the repeat Winter Walk and repeat Winter Haven locations.

• Update 30: Talk to a Piggy to start the new quest (The Greedy Street Spirit). Two new regions, Haoma and Kloro, unlocked from the first Feat..

• Update 29: Le Miserable, the second Level Quest, appeared prematurely on August 23, 2012, and later officially released on August 24, 2012.

• Update 28: 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.

• Update 27: 5 more Ticket to Paradise levels from upgrade cards (Abysmal Thrill, Beam Me Down, Bippity Bop, Cloud Rings, Mountain Scaling).

• Update 26: Amberlyza is the 6th and latest street in the underground basement puzzle series.

• Update 25: 5 new bonus levels from upgrade cards (Arbor Hollow, Cloud Flight, Radial Heights, Sky Plunge, Starlit Night).

• Update 24: Two new regions (Balzare and Roobrik) with 21 streets each add 42 streets to increase the normal max score over 1000.

• Update 23: A new quest called A Summer's Day now available by talking to any street spirit vendor (in Groddle, Uralia, Firebog). Three locations are involved with this quest.

• Update 22: Fernucopia becomes the 5th street in a series of locations accessed via locked doors in relic apartment tower basements.

• Update 21: 9 new streets (5 Apartment Tower Basements and 4 color-themed locations accessed from the locked doors in the 5 basements; it is random which of the 4 color-themed locations you are teleported to when entering a basement's locked door).

• Update 20: 5 old housing Apartment Towers now count for location scores.

• Update 19: 3 new Seam Streets added on April 25 2012.

• Update 18: 127 new locations in 5 new regions! 21 of the new locations are new streets in old regions. 51 new Habitats, Parks, and Reserves are for Foxes. 4 Habitats, 8 Parks, and 9 Reserves are in old regions.

• Update 17: Reformatting of list and organization. New categories added for Party Locations, Quests, Tower Quest (in Jethimadh Tower), Multiplayer Games, and a section for no longer available locations. The 4 Cosma Performance Test locations increase total maximum general public location count to 840.

• Update 16: Three new Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar in Naraka

• Update 15: New link and street name fixes for Rooks' Woods and You Feel Woooooozy...

• Update 14: Two new quests (Four Letter Words and Word Up) lead to The Kid's Room.

• Update 13: Revamp of the list display. Added latest discoveries section and made all lists collapsible with index to regions.

• Update 12: The Back Alley has returned for those who missed it in the We're Off to See the Lizard quest (learn Fuelmaking to receive the quest). New Vision Quest travels to the Institute of Ocular Testing (learn Eyeballery).

• Update 11: New holiday party pack location at Winter Wingding. A street previously only accessible by staff was temporarily opened as a portal via Door Potion. Only a few players in the right place at the right time managed to obtain this location score. See more info here

• Update 10: New areas, some secret, have been hinted. So far 4 have been discovered as of 2011/12/22. Axis Denyde, The missing floor, The lost floor, and The forgotten floor.

• Update 9: New region of Rasana and expansions in Aranna bring 50 new streets! Plus Le Voyage Violet for 51 new total.

• Update 8: Mystery solved thanks to elka for the last piece in the puzzle: Machine Rooms don't count towards the scores! Now all the numbers add up and everything makes sense. HarleyQuin's score is currently glitched, no one will be able to match the score, unless someone also accidentally triggers glitched residential areas that counted.

• Update 7: Naraka adds 6 locations extending from Hell One. New score for 766 people to be stuck on is 773! Scores have increased by 7 if you visit all 7 Naraka locations including Hell One (but Hell One counted before, so does that mean anyone who had visited Hell One previously would have 2 points for Hell One, while new players would only get 1 point for the new Hell One? Or the other explanation could be the old Hell One didn't count.)

• Update 6: A previously missed location on the list has been added thanks to Folderol. "You're Feeling Wooooozy" directly follows Fireflex 3000 Lab so if you have been to Fireflex 3000 Lab, by default you'll have been to You're Feeling Wooooozy.

• Update 5: With a breakthrough discovery by Folderol in lifting a previously incorrect assumption that the 12 Subway Stations counted toward the score, the total number of confirmed locations is now (more accurately) at 766!

• Update 4: 770 locations have been confirmed to count for users. What could this mean in terms of scoreboard discrepancy?

• Update 3: Highest score is now 769! List updated to include 789 locations, but there is much uncertainty for some locations...

• Update 2: Confirmed locations up to 762, with 768 total possible contenders listed. Who will be able to solve the mystery of the one missing street that so many people are stuck on?

• Update 1: Added in links to available Encyclopedia entries. Updated notes regarding those entries.
  • Posted 13 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18
    • When do you get the Firefly Whistling quest? 
      Posted 12 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Axa, when you first enter a street with a Firefly Swarm. More info at  http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Firefly_Whistle_(Quest)
      Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks TomC. I am now sad because I 've encountered firefly swarms on countless streets and never encountered the quest. I just tested it again in Shimla Mirch. and zip, nada, zilch. Phui. Wonder what I did wrong.
    • Axa, buy a Firefly Bottle and attempt to catch some by opening the bottle around them. I think that was what activated it for me.
      Posted 12 years ago by Wobbles Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Axa, it looks like you've already done the quest because you have the Firefly Whistling achievement ( http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PA9TADD9FPD233C/achievements/ )
    • Bizarre. I certainly can whistle up fireflies. And I agree I have that achievement. I simply have no memory of completing the quest or visiting I feel wooozy (I must have been very wooozy ;>)). Thanks for all your patient responses to my apparently needless comments. But qat least I will now not feel deprived. Just forgetful. ;>)
    • Perhaps this video by Hburger will help refresh your memory :) youtu.be/Mx_x1a2o4Sk?hd=1
    • Thanks for putting all this together, Tom, and I think I let out a little squeal at the thought of 200 unexplored areas possibly coming out soon!
      Posted 12 years ago by Oristia Subscriber! | Permalink
    • This is great! Thank you! Any more updates?
      Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Nothing new released yet but staff have been sighted at "Hell Bar" and "Juju Hideout".
    • Hell bar?! Oh please oh please oh please!
      Posted 12 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • What is Rook's Woods and You Feel Woozy? I don't think I've ever gotten those quests.
      Posted 12 years ago by Arcadia Noelle Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Rooks' Woods was an old quest that was disabled since October 2011; You Feel Woozy was the location immediately after the Firefly Lab.
    • There have been rumors in global and on the forums that some glitches have been finding themselves in the old Hell One rather the new one when they die.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm? I've died a few times, but I just end up in new hell. Maybe it's randomly assigned? Maybe just a rumor?

If it is true, now would probably be a good time for those of you who need it to start sniffing a lot of no-no.

Good luck!
      Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Yeah there seems to be a bug with Hell instances as some people did end up in old Hell last night. It didn't have the Descend hole to rest of Naraka. However, no idea if that counts as the old Hell's location score though.
    • I was in a Naraka-less Hell last night but I don't know if it would be considered Hell One. The layout was different.
      Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
    • This is very interesting....
      Posted 12 years ago by Abbey Rhode Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Very helpful, thanks for this topic!
      Posted 12 years ago by Syrien Subscriber! | Permalink
    • What's the current (non-glitched) maximum now? With the addition of the Enchanted Forests in Tamila, Rasana and Groddle Forest, is it now 836 (counting Lisa)?

Or is there a fourth new location? Just wondering, because I see that TomC is at 837 on the leaderboard.
      Posted 12 years ago by Joscor So Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I don't think the new trees count. I've been to them all and have 834, because I visited hell before the change... Still I missed out on the rooks woods quest. Completed all the side games today. Plus I think I've done all the party packs. I wish there was some form of list to tell me where I have been, so I can check what I am missing. It's all down to the little extra item now which are not obvious.
      Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
    • The 3 new enchanted forests do count; I am working on a new version of this list that will make it easier to read and figure out which ones you're missing (since the encyclopedia has had a nice update in the past few months). 
    • Ooohh in that case I'm missing 2 or 3 places! Gagh! *gnashes teeths*
      Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
    • There are at least 4 new locations, and they must be the 3 Enchanted Forest location + the Hell Bar. I did not go to "Lisa" and never got the Rooks Wood quest, but I did go to old Hell and I am at 835.
      Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Does the Hell Bar count? I didn't see any notification of "first time here" when I visited (and obviously no exp. cause its hell.)
      Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Yes Hell Bar does count.
    • Can't wait for the new list!! Thanks so much TomC!!
      Posted 12 years ago by Spicypup Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Updated list with new format that makes it easier to see the uncommon or special streets; force page reload if you are still seeing the old list. Optional Show Common Locations will display all streets for that section. Will update more info for special streets eventually.
    • I'm at 839 streets. I never got to go to Rook's Woods though. I have been to Old Hell. I don't know what other locations I could have gotten that you don't have?
      Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Do the test locations (soulless, soulful, animal farm) count?
      Posted 12 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Oh that's a possibility. I did test that last night. and it did say first time here.
    • Unfortunately, the locations in the client test do appear to count at the moment.

They give a boost of 4 streets (which I guess must be Soulful, Soulless, Animal Farm and Construct) & took me up from 836 to 840. Given that I'd expect these streets to be temporary, I'd hope the devs might run a script after the test finishes & remove those streets from everybody's record to make a level playing field for people who missed or weren't able to run the tests.

Having said that, the entire leaderboard top 10 is a result of glitches (small g!), so I suppose there's no harm in having another set of streets in the database which nobody can get any more.
      Posted 12 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Ah then I think Rook's Woods is the only one I am missing which will take me to 840 which sounds right.
    • Actually, I think the current total is 841. It was 833; then they added the three Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar, which took it to 837 (not 836). Then there are the four locations from the test (Soulful, Soulless, Animal Farm and The Construct), making 841.
    • Joscor So, I decided to exclude Lisa's Nylon Phool from the maximum count, which now reflects places that the general public has had a chance to visit. However, there is now a new italicized portion on the original thread post indicating causes for scores higher than 840. So 840 would be the correct max if you've participated in every quest, event, old Hell One, Cosma Performance Test, etc, but 841 or higher would be from incidents like Lisa or other reasons.
    • Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, TomC. (This is really hard to keep track of!)
    • Yeah it definitely was very confusing when the list was first being compiled. Luckily the numbers have continued to align correctly over the past few months (minus the random extra streets here and there). The list format now shows all locations that count and are not in the official encyclopedia by default, so hope it's a bit easier to read.
    • Those of us with 840 seem to be in 10th place (me).  Everyone above have more than 840.  I seem to recall having 840 before doing Cosma's test (I may be wrong).  If those who got onto Lisa's test street received credit for being there then that should probably count even though the rest of us cannot achieve that.  I have credit for Rook's lair whech was a Quest but as it is closed now, it seems somewhat unfair that others cannot rise because of it (I don't want to cede my credit though).

This Leaderboard is probably the only one I can hope to excel in and, sadly, incorrect totals make it impossible for me to rise higher than 10th place at this time.  I have quit checking my position (it used to be fun).  The last time I looked, others with my same score rose above me.  I worked hard to find all the locations and even walked all of the Quarters after the Reset (before I discovered they no longer counted).  It is disappointing to think of it now.  BTW, I have also been to all the logging areas but they seem not to count.  I did receive The usual "First Time" notifications and bonus for finding them.
      Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I only have 838, am definitely missing Rook's Woods, but am stumped on what else I could possibly have missed. (I also don't have Lisa.)
      Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Brib Annie
      I've been told that the higher totals seen on the leaderboard are from devs and Guides who have access to unreleased locations :( it upsets me, too!!
      Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
    • As a Guide, I can tell you I have not had access to any streets that anyboby else can't go, I am at 840, which is the most possible atm, Only a few were mistakenly in Lisa, some of the higher were staff accounts, so am just saying Guides get no special treatment.
      Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @beBlueberry, did you go to Old Hell 1? (I ask because like you, I'm topped out at 838, and the two I'm missing are Old Hell 1 and Rook's Woods.) I tried dying a few times when others were reporting recently that they had died but not gone to Naraka, but no luck. :(
    • Brib Annie, at 840 you have all the regular locations and have been to everything that's normally possible (at one point or another), so you are on track! If one day all the streets that should not have counted are fixed, then you would be at the true maximum intended possible still. The 3 logging / enchanted forest locations did count for the score, so you were most likely at 833 prior to that, then 836 after visiting those, and now 840 from the Cosma Performance testing.

beBlueberry, based on your achievements, you have the Clumsy badge for dying 3 times from October so you probably have the old Hell One. Lisa isn't counted in the 840, though if you had it, you'd be at 839 and missing just 1 location still. Right now by default, the list shows everything not in the Encyclopedia main location page that counts, so if the official page here has all green check marks and you visit everything possible one more time you should be at 839 for your max without Rooks' Woods.

I do hope the extra scores from Lisa and other devs' regions are eventually fixed though, or perhaps the leaderboards should just be removed since all dev locations ended up counting, whereas they probably should have been more like housing blocks and the new home streets in not counting.
    • @Tom C - I was at 839 for a while.  I forget how I got to 840 (Kid's Room?) but remember doing it so it seems that the logging areas and Cosma's test didn't count for me or I would be at 844 (I guess).  I definitely remember being at 839. 
      Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
    • The Cosma performance test is no longer available, it seems.
      Posted 12 years ago by Tamutnefret Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Brib Annie, here is a Google cached page from April 12th (8 days ago) and I don't see your name at 839; do you remember when you hit 839? If not, the most likely number you were at would be 836 (after visiting the enchanted forests which were released on April 11th): http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-KcteT-jzXsJ:www.glitch.com/leaderboards/travellers/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tamutnefret, indeed the tests are no longer available as of a few hours ago.
    • Like Jade said, the interrogation room doesn't count. 
      Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Folivoria - 21
      Tahli - 28
      Cauda - 18
      Sura - 20
      Fenneq  - 19
      Rasana +2
      Salatu +1
      alakol +2
      Bortola +4
      Tamila +3
      Besera +4
      Muufo +4

Adds up to 116 new locations, approximately (my counting skills might not be perfect).
    • Close, Lord Coyote! There are 3 new locations in Alakol, and I think you meant to type 126 instead of 116 so you were off by just 1!
    • Ah thanks for correcting me, my eyes are sore from all the traveling around to hit all the new locations. I think i need to go outside in RL for a minute or two. 
    • Seems like the new Completist achievements were just added to the Encyclopedia!
    1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18