Topic

Giant List of Locations for Traveler Achievements (The Penultimate Update as of December 5 2012) Current Count: 1439

An ongoing mystery with street location qualification has finally been solved (after 22 days since this thread first opened on 2011/11/8). A major thank you to everyone who helped report results, data, and information. The key results and findings that were previously uncertain but now confirmed are:

Places that count: Everything in Jethimadh Tower, all one-time quest locations including The Back Alley and Rooks' Woods, both old Hell One and new Hell One. Four locations from the limited time only Cosma Performance Testing.

Places that don't count: Subway Stations, Machine Rooms.
Before the release of new streets in Rasana and Aranna, there were 774 confirmed locations, which matched the maximum, non-glitched high scores leading to confirmation in exactly which streets did or didn't qualify.

Current List (as of December 5 2012)

• Update 50: Over 100 new locations released in the last month of Ur. New places not in the Encyclopedia are: 1 Seam Street (Namaste), 1 Underground Puzzle (Purplysa), 1 Uralia street (Symphonious Maximus), 2 Quests (Mental Block 2, Picto Pattern), Hall of Rejected Concepts in Jethimadh Tower: Mid (access from Tower St. West), and 6 unlisted locations in Vortex of Random.

• Update 49: Final two places? Distant End, uutiif (continues from Distant End). The door to Distant End is in Russula Involutii, Haoma.

• Update 48: New transit system in region Moshi Moshi Oshilatis adds 7 new locations. Shim Shiri was previously known as Asslandia.

• Update 47: 20 new streets in the incredible Nottis region. It's now possible to obtain the Globetrotter Extraordinaire achievement!

• Update 46: 29 new streets in Vantalu.

• Update 45: New Quest: An Old Fashioned B&E transports you to B.T.C Room #3.

• Update 44: Third season-themed level quest An Autumn Day unlocked from Epic #2. With three different quest endings, there are 4 total locations associated with this quest.

• Update 43: A new secret location unlocked by Epic #2: An Abstrixian Aside. A hint was announced by GOD in Local Chat:
    There's also a new secret spot hidden in one of the existing secret spots. Sorry I can't say more, but I am contracually prevented from doing so. Let's just say that it's a region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. Know what I mean??

• Update 42: Three new starter quest locations for learning some of the elementary skills: A L'il Animal Kinship; Breezy, EZ Cookin'; Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation. It just so happens all three locations have an apostrophe in the name.

• Update 41: New quests unlocked from feats, as well as reminisce quests from the Play Cube item. Receive the Play Cube after completing the Color Unblocking quest. Join the Club quest offers Pintura Prosa from jumping into the Curious Painting inside the clubhouse.

• Update 40: Three new regions unlocked from the First Epic (The Penyahtewan Assembly): Ormonos, Lida, and Jal.

• Update 39: New Mental Block quest released (2 locations, one for first-time and one for all subsequent repeats).

• Update 38: The Greedy Street Spirit counts as a new location upon reminiscing from the Emotional Bear.

• Update 37: Sequel to Walk Toward the Light, Radiant Glare quest added.

• Update 36: Being Watched quest added. Drink a Cup of Water from a Bureaucratic Hall Water Cooler. One of the few locations where snapshottery is not possible.

• Update 35: Two new party locations released (Aquarius and Val Holla).

• Update 34: The second feat unlocked a new region, Firozi, with 25 new streets. 1 additional linking street added in Alakol (Via Firozi).

• Update 33: First of the Giants-themed quest, The Last Pilgrimage of Esquibeth, adds four new locations.

• Update 32: 3 new quests: The Wrizzards and The Rube, Operation: Grow, and Walk Toward the Light.

• Update 31: Third Level Quest, Winter Walk, has four locations. Winter Walk and Winter Haven each have a first-time location and a repeat location. When you enter the quest from the second time onwards, you'll always be in the repeat Winter Walk and repeat Winter Haven locations.

• Update 30: Talk to a Piggy to start the new quest (The Greedy Street Spirit). Two new regions, Haoma and Kloro, unlocked from the first Feat..

• Update 29: Le Miserable, the second Level Quest, appeared prematurely on August 23, 2012, and later officially released on August 24, 2012.

• Update 28: 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.

• Update 27: 5 more Ticket to Paradise levels from upgrade cards (Abysmal Thrill, Beam Me Down, Bippity Bop, Cloud Rings, Mountain Scaling).

• Update 26: Amberlyza is the 6th and latest street in the underground basement puzzle series.

• Update 25: 5 new bonus levels from upgrade cards (Arbor Hollow, Cloud Flight, Radial Heights, Sky Plunge, Starlit Night).

• Update 24: Two new regions (Balzare and Roobrik) with 21 streets each add 42 streets to increase the normal max score over 1000.

• Update 23: A new quest called A Summer's Day now available by talking to any street spirit vendor (in Groddle, Uralia, Firebog). Three locations are involved with this quest.

• Update 22: Fernucopia becomes the 5th street in a series of locations accessed via locked doors in relic apartment tower basements.

• Update 21: 9 new streets (5 Apartment Tower Basements and 4 color-themed locations accessed from the locked doors in the 5 basements; it is random which of the 4 color-themed locations you are teleported to when entering a basement's locked door).

• Update 20: 5 old housing Apartment Towers now count for location scores.

• Update 19: 3 new Seam Streets added on April 25 2012.

• Update 18: 127 new locations in 5 new regions! 21 of the new locations are new streets in old regions. 51 new Habitats, Parks, and Reserves are for Foxes. 4 Habitats, 8 Parks, and 9 Reserves are in old regions.

• Update 17: Reformatting of list and organization. New categories added for Party Locations, Quests, Tower Quest (in Jethimadh Tower), Multiplayer Games, and a section for no longer available locations. The 4 Cosma Performance Test locations increase total maximum general public location count to 840.

• Update 16: Three new Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar in Naraka

• Update 15: New link and street name fixes for Rooks' Woods and You Feel Woooooozy...

• Update 14: Two new quests (Four Letter Words and Word Up) lead to The Kid's Room.

• Update 13: Revamp of the list display. Added latest discoveries section and made all lists collapsible with index to regions.

• Update 12: The Back Alley has returned for those who missed it in the We're Off to See the Lizard quest (learn Fuelmaking to receive the quest). New Vision Quest travels to the Institute of Ocular Testing (learn Eyeballery).

• Update 11: New holiday party pack location at Winter Wingding. A street previously only accessible by staff was temporarily opened as a portal via Door Potion. Only a few players in the right place at the right time managed to obtain this location score. See more info here

• Update 10: New areas, some secret, have been hinted. So far 4 have been discovered as of 2011/12/22. Axis Denyde, The missing floor, The lost floor, and The forgotten floor.

• Update 9: New region of Rasana and expansions in Aranna bring 50 new streets! Plus Le Voyage Violet for 51 new total.

• Update 8: Mystery solved thanks to elka for the last piece in the puzzle: Machine Rooms don't count towards the scores! Now all the numbers add up and everything makes sense. HarleyQuin's score is currently glitched, no one will be able to match the score, unless someone also accidentally triggers glitched residential areas that counted.

• Update 7: Naraka adds 6 locations extending from Hell One. New score for 766 people to be stuck on is 773! Scores have increased by 7 if you visit all 7 Naraka locations including Hell One (but Hell One counted before, so does that mean anyone who had visited Hell One previously would have 2 points for Hell One, while new players would only get 1 point for the new Hell One? Or the other explanation could be the old Hell One didn't count.)

• Update 6: A previously missed location on the list has been added thanks to Folderol. "You're Feeling Wooooozy" directly follows Fireflex 3000 Lab so if you have been to Fireflex 3000 Lab, by default you'll have been to You're Feeling Wooooozy.

• Update 5: With a breakthrough discovery by Folderol in lifting a previously incorrect assumption that the 12 Subway Stations counted toward the score, the total number of confirmed locations is now (more accurately) at 766!

• Update 4: 770 locations have been confirmed to count for users. What could this mean in terms of scoreboard discrepancy?

• Update 3: Highest score is now 769! List updated to include 789 locations, but there is much uncertainty for some locations...

• Update 2: Confirmed locations up to 762, with 768 total possible contenders listed. Who will be able to solve the mystery of the one missing street that so many people are stuck on?

• Update 1: Added in links to available Encyclopedia entries. Updated notes regarding those entries.
  • Posted 13 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
    • Thanks everyone for the input and results. It is pretty certain that Rook's Woods, The Back Alley, and all these one-time quest locations are counting, but it is unclear if the counting status has been changed or not in the past month. Super Jeebs, you may possibly have 775 if you had visited The Back Alley, but I can't imagine everyone else stuck on 774 having all not visited The Back Alley.

What may be the issue is that the way scores are recorded. This is just speculation: if each player has a list of streets that they've visited, with a flag for counting status, when they visit a street, that street will get added to the player's list and also a flag perhaps of whether or not this street counts for a score. But when a street later is updated to doesn't count, it's only affecting new players, so when new players visit that street, they will get a flag for doesn't count. 

Now the issue is that all the older players who visited that same street back when it still counted still have it in their own list that it counts. So then older players who may have glitched streets such as residential areas counting will forever have a higher score unless devs also remove it from the player's list of counting streets or update the flag for counting status.

Squiggle-Squee, that is very interesting that you did not receive the Rook's Woods quest for joining only 2 days after the grand opening. Perhaps you didn't advance far enough into the game before the quest was taken away? However, your join date so far fits in with the pattern that everyone with Rook's Woods quest joined on September 28th or earlier, so you were perhaps one day off.

on3w1nged4ngel, yes Hell One counts twice if you visited the old Hell One before Naraka was released. It's definitely counting the new Naraka's Hell One as a new location. So basically what's happening is that now older players who have visited the old Hell One and the new Hell One will have 2 points from this, while people who joined after Naraka was released would only have 1 point from Hell One because the old Hell One is no longer accessible. Even though Hell One's art looks the same (with addition of the descend area), it's technically recording as a new location thus adding a new point to the scores, while the old Hell One is also responsible for a point (which new players won't be able to get).
      Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Zira, yes it's quite certain now that Hell One counts twice (for people who visited Hell One before Naraka was released). I have it in the Notes section next to Hell One on the list.
    • The subway stations do count, the list needs updating., can confirm all subway stations.
      Posted 12 years ago by Bzzzt Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I don't know how, but a friend and I are at 771 places visited and can't seem to see anything on the list we haven't been to, except that rook dark wood place... That, I knew I didn't do the quest, so asked staff and they confirmed it's no longer available:
      "Hi Méliza,
      The Prove Your Rook Fighting Mettle quest was removed from the game. The performance wasn't quite what we wanted it to be, so it was taken out until it can be improved.
      MacKenzie"
      so I guess it means we cannot go as high as 774 but there must be something we could do for 773... HAAALLLPPP *going bonkers*

EDIT(ed) to add: I died before all that Naraka stuff existed, so I assume I was in Hell One before the new version... FYI.
      Posted 12 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks for the update, Bzzzt, that's extremely confusing if the subway stations count because that would mean everyone is off by at least 10 points on places that should have counted haha. I might have to try with a new account.

Elka, the most common locations people have missed are "unnnn", any of the 5 places in the Seam Streets section, and Races. You may want to check subway stations again since some people are reporting that it counts but for other people subway stations didn't count. Have you visited the two model homes in Alakol?
    • Well, this is interesting. 
      After my previous post (when I was stuck at 772) I traveled to all the locations that I could not check my visit status via the encyclopedia. I had assumed that because I had not been to the Back Alley or the Rook's Woods that those were the two I was missing. But I  wanted to be sure. Then I discovered that I had not been to unnnn!  
      Uh-oh. 
      So, now what does this mean? I know I have not been to the Back Alley or the Rook's Woods, but I am now at 773. Does this mean that one of those two streets does NOT count? If so, which one? 
      Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @TomC - I was the person that elka was referring to being stuck at 771. I've been to unnnn, all the seam streets, races, party spaces, model homes, community machine rooms, bureaucratic halls, and subway stations. But I didn't die until after Naraka was added, so I never visited the original Hell One. I don't remember ever going to the Back Alley and haven't been to Rook's Woods either. I joined on October 5th.
      Posted 12 years ago by Glitch E Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @TomC and @GlitchE: Yeah she is LOL so the Back Alley thing btw you probably have it if you can ride a train, staff told me it was something about getting your papers in lower levels... And to confirm, just as she said, we've been to Unnn (I was there yesterday) I also revisited all secrets and doors in the Tower just to make sure, I've been to all seam streets (even helped built some) .............. So now it means it HAS to be the subway stations because I usually teleport and haven't been to many. SO, I shall try that and come back with a conclusion!! XD Oh, joined Sept 30th.
    • Oh, RE-UPDATE, I am actually at 772 now that I have visited Unnn.Trying all Subway Stations now. We shall see.
    • CONFIRMATION: It's with a lot of sadness that I can confirm Subway Stations DO NOT COUNT. (Which also gives me the theory that when a place doesn't give you XP, it won't count...Right.)
      I was, and still remain, at 772 after this list:
      jutuan central
      onto parada
      somewhat sump
      groddle forest junction
      tallish crest (first time here, without XP)
      torpan cleft (first time here, without XP)
      mallos means (first time here, without XP)
      pitika parse (first time here, without XP)
      kongu hop
      thiruvan thrive
      gregarious grange
      eastern approach (first time here, without XP)

SOOOOO more mysteries and more of me (and others, it seems) going bonkers. I am going to redo all Halls and Machine Rooms just in case. *sobs*
    • Squiggle-Squee, you might have a case similar to Super Jeebs in that both of could actually be at 775 instead of 774 if both of you had visited The Back Alley AND Rook's Woods. But it is interesting that no one is at 775 despite all the possible combinations, or that the two of you have one street that many of the people at 774 haven't visited somehow. So right now no exact total can be determined on just what counts, or what is supposed to count or not count but did the opposite.

Glitch E, thank you for the info. Your case of 771 with being 3 away from 774 seems to support the theory that the old Hell One, The Back Alley, and Rook's Woods counted and are the 3 points you're missing.

elka, this sounds like you are just missing The Back Alley, which would put you at 773 as the max you can have for now since you missed Rook's Woods. Unless you did visit The Back Alley, which in that case you might be missing some other street. Have you tried any of the location checker scripts to make sure at least all the places listed on the Encyclopedia have been visited?
    • I'm stuck 3 short of Harley, but have been to the rooks woods, so i'm not sure what i'm missing, not been to the back alley though.
      Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • anne216, The Back Alley is most likely what you are missing, which would put you at 774, the normal maximum at the moment. Harley's score is definitely very unusual, especially since no one else has that or 1 less than the score.
    • I cannot support the theory that people are missing The Back Alley. I saw a Level 7 newbie go there today... And staff confirmed, if you can ride the Subway, then you have to have it, because it's Quest triggered whenever you request to get papers to ride the trains!
      So can't be right.

As far as scripts go, I never was able to make one work :( Probably would help a lot ehhh.
      But I am logging in now to do a double check on Halls and Machine Rooms just in case. Anyways max I could be is 773 I guess because as confirmed now, Rook Wood is out of service... :(
    • Does anyone know how long it takes the leaderboard to update? I played all nine races for the first time last night, but my total still hasn't updated from 764 to 773...
      Posted 12 years ago by Intrepia Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Intrepia, I noticed that too, I guess either overnight or just takes a little while or something. Sometimes it goes fast, I got one updated just after I visited an additional place so... Yet another mystery LOL XD
    • @TomC

MEGA NEWS
      Your list must have a mistake. MACHINE ROOMS DO NOT COUNT.

I was at 772. I had missed on one Hall. The Hall gave me XP, and now I am at 773.
      However, I had missed TWO Machine Rooms. They did NOT give me XP and I am NOT above 773 now.

So, end of story is: Subways don't count. Machine Rooms don't count. If you can ride the trains, you HAVE been to The Back Alley and it DOES count. Rook Wood DO count but most players who first logged in Sept 30th and after DID NOT get it in time and cannot get it either right now as it's disabled.

Voilà!
    • One last thing to assist with my observations: all the people who are at 774, I bet they've been to Rook Woods, would be curious to compare their First Logged In dates... Might wanna ask in your top message. So this way we can confirm. I am asking Staff right now what was the date it was removed, too.

HarleyQuin told me in chat she is sure it's a bug in her case, the 776 thing.

That would explain a lot :D
    • Thank you very much elka for this breakthrough news on the Machine Rooms! This makes the numbers work out perfectly as right now it's at 777, but without the 3 machine rooms, it'll be at 774 which is the maximum everyone has except HarleyQuin! So now this is all makes a lot more sense, and the ones on the list that say "Count" all do actually count! Thank you very much again!

However, riding the trains does not mean you have been to The Back Alley, because some people went to the Bureaucratic Hall directly (never entered the subway) to get "Your Papers", which then means that after they already got the papers, the quest never triggers when they visit the Subway Station later (for the first time). So it's very much possible that you can ride the subway, yet have not been to The Back Alley.

But the list finally makes sense now in which streets actually count and which streets don't! This also means that HarleyQuin's 776 score is for sure glitched.
    • I'm now at 760.  All the listed regions done, and a couple of party locations.  Don't suppose someone is writing a script that can access the expanded list of locations (from the first post of this thread) and tells you exactly the ones you have not visited (not just the locations listed in the encyclopedia).
      Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Tibbi, that's precisely the reason why anything not listed in the enyclopedia can't be checked because the API does not allow access to those "hidden" locations. All the existing scripts are using the encyclopedia to read the info on if you've visited or not. Until the day these hidden locations are made possible through the API, there will be no way for anyone to write a script to check these locations unfortunately.
    • I guess I'll have to a text file... darn.

:>
    • I guess I'll have to a text file... darn.

:>
    • @TomC
      I am SOOOO happy to finally have served a purpose in Glitch (beside being pretty ROFLLLL) seriously I couldn't sleep recently because of this, I took it a little too much at heart I guess.
      What you say about The Back Alley, wow, so true! I asked Staff so I will see what they say, but then it makes sens why I totally cannot remember going there. But it would also bring another point/issue... It would mean that I would be at 775, not 774. Guh! LOL But I guess it's enough discoveries for now!! XD HI5
    • Thank you so much again, elka! The list and first post has been updated with all the correct info; finally the numbers add up! Thanks again to everyone who has helped solve this mini-mystery that perhaps drove many people crazy indeed!
    • TomC: 

My mission is completed. I am currently at a confirmed 768 locations with the following places missing: 

Nylon Phool
      Pitchen Lilliput
      Double Rainbow
      Toxic Moon
      The Original Hell One (can no longer be done)
      Rook's Quest (ditto)

= 774 counted locations

I'm happy that people have noticed, as have I, that Machine Rooms do not count - I visited only two of them and left the third alone to confirm this. Nor do Subway stations - I only visited 4 of the 12 stations. But the Subway train does count! And I made sure to only visit a few housing locations and then stopped going to them altogether. And The Back Alley definitely counts - it's on my list!

I have a full list of every location I visited, both counted and non-counted locations included! 
      Posted 12 years ago by Folderol Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thank you so much, Folderol! Your mission was definitely a success, all the numbers matched and every street is now accounted for! Thanks again to everyone for all your efforts and patience; the locations are no longer a mystery. So now it looks like HarleyQuin's 776 is a glitch with residential areas counting. Glitchens at 774 can rest their minds at ease knowing that they have in fact visited every location that qualifies and are sitting at the current maximum score.
    • Hurrah!
      Posted 12 years ago by Folderol Subscriber! | Permalink
    • So as I cannot do the back Alley, i'm stuck on 773, that sucks:(
      Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @ anne: We are in the same boat and I agree that it sucks. Zira offered some suggestions in the Bug forum. Maybe ts will implement one of them. Hope so.
      Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Okay, so. I was invited to a party today and it turns out I had been missing that location. So like anne216, Rachel2635 and Squiggle-Squee, I am now stuck at 773 and currently still missing the Back Alley. I didn't get to do the Rook's Woods quest either, but I guess it doesn't figure into the count.

Maybe we should start a support group for those of us poor glitchen souls who are stranded on the location leaderboard. xD
      Posted 12 years ago by Solana Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I'd appreciate some feedback in my thread about The Back Alley in the bugs forum... it's been pretty much ignored seeing as clearly not many of us find this important and I do understand there are more significant things that need to be done. 
      Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I'm so glad this is sorted out. I just confirmed it myself: I'm at 770 and am only missing three party spaces. That will make 773. And I haven't been in The Back Alley.
      Posted 12 years ago by Ximenez Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks to everyone who worked on this mystery. 
      Posted 12 years ago by Pearl Subscriber! | Permalink
    • FYI. Asked Staff if I have visited Back Alley. I have. And another fyi, it was an incrediably fast response time. Glitch staff is awesome.

So when I finish visiting the rest of the locations, I can rest assured my count will be accurate (whether BA counts or not).
    • Tibbi, how did you contact staff to check?
    • Clicked "Help" in the under right hand corner of the page. Submitted a report there.
    • Ok, I will try again. I submitted one over the weekend asking that I be sent to Back Alley. The reply was a request to only send bug reports. This time I will ask if they could check to see if I've been there.

Edit to add: Justin just confirmed that I haven't been to Back Alley. So I am stuck at 773 *sighs*
    • Solana, that sounds like you could also have been both blessed and cursed with a similar bug like HarleyQuin had with one or two residential areas that counted towards your score. So with both The Back Alley and Rook's Woods you would be at 775.
    • I wish that there was an easier way to see all the missing streets... but I suppose that would be too easy and defeat the purpose. Does anyone know if there's a website that will help with that, or a script or something?
      Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Miss Cailia, at the moment it's not possible to check if a user has visited all the hidden locations because the API does not provide information on some of these areas. So no script or website will be able to offer any automatic help on all 774 qualifying locations.
    • @TomC, Too bad I'll never get the chance to try those quests and advance to that number.

Random question, purchasing and entering a house for the first time only results in a badge, but not a new location found/scored, right?
      Posted 12 years ago by Solana Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Solana, it does not count as a new location, no.
      Posted 12 years ago by Dopple-Folderol Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Wow, so SOME players get to know if they've been to The Back Alley, and some won't... I guess it depends on which Staff answers them, eh! Ergh. Do. Not. Like. I understand we all have different personalities, but that should not affect your answers to customers. It should all be on the same line to be fair... IMO.

"FYI. Asked Staff if I have visited Back Alley. I have. And another fyi, it was an incrediably fast response time. Glitch staff is awesome."

Well I got:

"Hi Méliza,

If you get Your Papers from the Bureaucratic Hall before you try to ride the subway, you do not get taken to the Back Alley.

As for if you've been there or not, we're not able to search that information for you easily as it's in code. I'm sorry if this seems unhelpful, but there is no way we could check for everyone who would like the information.

(Staff name removed)"
    • Bumping for friend who is trying to find the 'last' place.
      Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks Teena. I seem to be stuck on the magic 773. I can confirm I have not been to the back ally if this helps.
      Posted 12 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Welcome to the ''773 missing The Back Alley''  group, Misha. :)
      Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Misha, if you are missing the Back Alley, that would make you stuck at 773 unfortunately. It sounds like you've been to the Rook's Woods then?
    • I've officially joined the 773 club.  (missing 'The Back Alley')
      We need a support group or 12 step program of some sort!
      Posted 12 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
    • wait, wait...

they tell us that there are no bad choices, but getting your papers legaly keeps ypu from visiting all the streets?

i do not care about the score, but i WANT to have been to all the streets!
      Posted 12 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18