Topic

More Random Ideas (About Music and Parties)

I'd like that parties could be more popular and easier to set-up as a proper party. The other day I was thinking about using grooveshark, blip.fm or turntable.fm  as some kind of collective DJ channel so the people in a given party could enjoy the same music coming from a "DJ" in the place (this role could be rotated  between the party people). But somehow this could be implemented in-game too:

3. Musicblocks as Jukeboxes: Maybe a new item -the Jukeblock- could have some kind of "dialer" that could play different musicblocks and present different tunes (could be a random selection of assorted genres from special musicblocks or just new series).. there's a lot of experimental and new music spanning from post-americana-neo-folk to proto-japan-pop passing through meta-italian-house-with-a-bit-of-dutch-8bit-hardcore to endless possibilities). Many music is Creative-Commons or just plain Public Domain and could keep the great sound standard that people at TS are trying to keep here -I really like some tunes I heard here, specially in hell lately!-. The thing is, the musicblocks could be used in a party in some kind of futuristic block-based DJ deck (I think in the futuristic music player David Bowie invented in The Man Who Fell to Earth), glitchers could bring blocks, just put them in the big jukebox, dial in their favorite tunes (even with crossfader!) for everybody in the place/house/street to hear. More players could bring more blocks with different tunes and party-hits, increasing the playlist choices.  There can be even a "virgin musicblock" that could allow to copy the favorite tunes for a glitcher, transforming itself in that kind of musicblock or just recording many tracks. 

4. The CosmaPurpleDisco: In a certain places (the discos) and as "mobile unit" some glitchers could specialize as DJs/MCs/Party Organizers -one of the best things that could happen here is to really differentiate in professions and skills like we do with wardrobe/vanity, more on this later-. This way the spaces -houses-streets-secret venues- could really be customized to the events and also transform the usual aspect of the spaces (imagine to buy "equipment" as blenders, but in this case lights, cocktail bars, DJ decks, Sound Systems, JukeBlocks, etc) and even bring to existence special places like the CosmaPurpleDisco or the CBGlitchB. I think the game could really explode with more real social-oriented places and activities, and this is one of a very special importance..

Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious here or if this things have been discussed before. I just wanted to share this half baked ideas and hear your opinions about it.  Please feel free to improve it or just bash it! 

Posted 13 years ago by El Glitcho Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Definitely like it. Should also facilitate tipping to make the DJ Skill Tree a source of income like any other skill tree. People keep asking what use are Music Bloks outside of the trophies, and this fills that gap very nicely. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like more kinds of musicboxes. 20 short tunes aren't enough. Maybe periodically adding a new musicbox series?
    Posted 13 years ago by KitkatCat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This idea about how to create a jukebox was a popular one: http://beta.glitch.com/forum/ideas/1863/
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sell a megaphone tool so whole street can hear music box when played then also sell ear protectors so we don't have to hehe.
    Posted 13 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink