Topic

Juke Boxes and Music Blox

It would be nice if that Juke Box that was in the corner of my (ex) 50's Sock Hop House would be able to be loaded with my Music Blox so that I could play them all with a menu on the Juke and incidentally store them somewhere off my floor.  If not store them than I am fine with the Juke Box eating the blox for the ability to play them all from a single interface.

You could also use it as a new item/machine for tinks to build and sell.  Lot's of metals, barnacles, bricks, and jellisac.

~~TJ Fuzzybutt

Posted 13 years ago by Thaddeus J Fuzzybut Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1 :) especially having a juke box as a item, at least for placing inside a house!

And did you know you can play all the musicblocks from on top of your trophy case once you get the trophy for each set?
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Millie

I did but not until after getting all my Blox trophies and then by mistake ;p

~~TJ Fuzzybutt
  • when you play them from trophy case can others in the house hear them or just you?
    Posted 13 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really don't know LoL - I never let anyone in my house.

~~TJ Fuzzybutt
  • I'm not sure, Artilect; it'd be cool to find out :)
  • this would be a terrific item to add to the "decor" we will be able to purchase at a later date - a jukebox with enough spaces to store, one each, of all the music boxes.
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea. I remember how cramped my inventory and closet would get when I was trying to collect all of them. I ended up selling them all once I got the trophies to free up space. If I could have stored them in a home jukebox I definitely would have kept them.
    Posted 13 years ago by zZzZzZzZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That would be wonderful! I love the music boxes, but there are quite a lot of them, aren't there? If something such as this would be implemented, I would like for each music box's tune to eventually be turned into a little, loop-able piece of music which could play constantly throughout the house/street.

Maybe they would be better kept confined to houses because in the event of two jukeboxes being played simultaneously (say, at a party), what would happen? Would the next jukebox to be turned on turn off the other ones, or would they all blend together in what could be something quite harsh on the ears? :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Vexia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea about play to everyone at the same time.
    One thing that already is possible and I enjoy a lot is to play musicblocks on trophy case, but it would be awesome to play for many peoples at once.
    Posted 13 years ago by acreditando Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I now have a 15k house without the Jukebox, and I would really love to have one again that plays my tunes. 

I actually paused and reflected whether or not to buy my old house back or upgrade, but the additional patches and plots called to me. 

I would still like to be able some day to craft or buy a Music Block juke box - the code could be the same (relatively speaking) as the option to play from the trophy.

~~TJ Fuzzybutt
  • I love this idea! It would be nice if we could load music blocks on it, at least be able to keep juke boxes in our houses. House parties could then be DJ'd!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to musicblock loading into a jukebox :D
    I don't like all of the tunes, so just putting in the ones I like would be great!
  • I realize that this is a Zombie thread, but with all the interest in the GNG block I would really like to bring it back to the front page again as a workable item of interest for all of us interested in the music snippets stored on our music blocks.

It would be nice to be able to be chilling out to GNG in the comfort of our own living room.  I am sure that there will be issues with coding to restrict someone from planting 40 of them in the Meadow and playing different blocks at the same time, but I wouldn't think a locale-restriction on an item would be too difficult, it is done with piggy feeders and butterfly milkers after all.

~~TJ Fuzzybutt
  • See that!  I'm really not the only one!

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

~~TJ Fuzzybut