Topic

I am proposing marriage to Stoot, right here, right now!

Dearest Stoot,

The reason I am proposing to you is because I can see that you are a very kind man.  (And being that you are hot, that doesn't hurt either!)  To make a game like this for so many people to enjoy means that you really do care about people.  You don't seem like the type of people who is a money monger, though from what I have read about you, you co-founded Flickr- so you likely don't need any more money!  Further proving the fact that you made this game out of the goodness of your heart!  (Though I am not in it for the money, as money doesn't mean anything if a guy is an asshole.)

The way this game was made and handled says a lot about you and your company.  It shows your sense of humor, kindness (as I have mentioned a few times as it is very important to me), and dedication to the things you do.  I have long been looking for a guy with all of these qualities!

It seems that every time I get into a relationship, I end up with the guys that are "emotionally unavailable", and you do not strike me as one of those type of guys.  That is the only reason I am 34 years old, never married, and never had any children!  So don't be afraid just because I haven't ever been married and am becoming an old maid!

I should probably tell you the basics about myself now!  So here it goes:

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125.8 lbs
Hair: Medium/Dark Brown
Eyes: Blue

Now after the cheesy "about me" snippet, I can tell you more about myself.  I study psychology on my free time and am preparing myself to be able to go back to college for psychology.  I would like to eventually be a marriage counselor, though I am sure that I will do many different kinds of counseling before I have my own practice as a marriage counselor.  I'd be interested in being a school counselor or a drug counselor as well.  My brother and uncle died of a drug overdose, so counseling people to help get them off of drugs is especially appealing to me.

Though most of the time people piss me off and I seem to hate them, there is still that drive inside of me to help them.  I like making a difference in peoples lives to help them be better.  I'd say that is one of my better attributes.  I also love to tinker with computers, and have been doing so when I was 16 and learned how to do programming in DOS.  I just built another computer yesterday, and it is sooo sweet.  ;)  I also love cats, so I hope you aren't allergic.  :P

To learn more about me, you can request my email address... well I guess you can get that anyway since you have my account info, so go for it!  While I don't mind putting all of my information out here in public, there's just too much to write!  (I'm like an open book, another positive attribute about myself!)

If you want, we can go out on a few dates first, if you aren't already dating anyone.  ;)  I heard that you aren't already married, so I did a little legwork there.  :P  If you decide not to go out on a date with me or marry me, I won't hold it against you and I won't be all stalkery or anything.  :P  I'll always love Glitch no matter what.  :)  I'm just that crazy and impulsive that I would propose marriage to someone on a game like this.  (Positive attribute, believe it or not!  First time I've ever done this though!)  So please don't think of me as an idiot for doing this (I know you won't), think of it as a wild crazy thing to do!

Love,
    Serra

Edit:  Sorry for the post being so rudimentary sounding.  I just took my Adderall (prescribed, not illegal), so I was a bit scatted for a short bit!  I am a much better writer than this, and I hope that this letter did not make me sound unintelligent.  ;)

Posted 12 years ago by Serra Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • The things people will do for an SB-1 
    o_o

lol xD
    Posted 12 years ago by Ebiler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ikr she already stated in a different post shed have to fly to stood and sleep with him to get the sb-1

But anyways :)
    Good luck
    Posted 12 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Though most of the time people piss me off and I seem to hate them"

if this doesn't win him over, I don't know what will
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to assume this is a joke even though I fear otherwise...
    Posted 12 years ago by Nyx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As a future marriage counselor, you should know that these arrangements shouldn't be entered into hastily.  Shouldn't you at least swap keys first, to see if you're compatible roommates?  What if one person neatly sorts items in the cabinet, while the other prefers to haphazardly dump piles on the floor?  What if you argue over how best to raise the pigs?
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nope, I'm for real.  That's just how crazy I am.  :P

And this is not all for the SB-1 and the dolls, but if he wants to give those to me for a wedding gift, I wouldn't refuse.  :)  Really, I haven't been married yet and he seems like a sweet guy.  :)

Glum- Loved your post!
  • New feature: Glitch marriages!
    Posted 12 years ago by Frandroid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Marriage? Been there, done that....meh... nooo thank you ~I'd much prefer a long term fling! lol =D
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate to break this to you, but I read else where that he is already married.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jewel Stoned Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Serra, all that spinach farming.... hmmm can't be good for you. Those fumes can't be healthy.
    Posted 12 years ago by sudv ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • O.o
    Posted 12 years ago by natsumi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So extreme...
    Posted 12 years ago by mazzy▲ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Heh, Ohio.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Stoot,

I think you should marry me instead and here are the reasons why.

1. I will sign a pre-nup renouncing my claim to everything you own
    2. I will stay in Australia and I will not expect you to even meet me - we can marry by proxy
    3. I will give you a divorce the minute you meet someone else you want to marry
    4. To save you the costs of a divorce, if you don't believe in divorce, I will die sooner than Serra as I am 20 years older than her
    5. I will not expect you to give me anything, ever, apart from an SB-1 block

Older women rule and you haven't lived until you have had one ;D
    Posted 12 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Stoot -

I just don't think I'm ready for marriage yet.  I hope you can understand. ;)

Becca
    Posted 12 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL is not just computer shorthand. It is what I have been doing throughout these posts. I love this game!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch is the new Match.com
    Posted 12 years ago by Jerry Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Except, Jerry Garcia, with a clever twist: instead of meeting other users, you propose to the site developers.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...guys, tell me this thread is a joke. Please. I'm somewhat concerned.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shiromisa Kaya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a message for Stoot. I just wanted to let you know that, uh, I think you're all the way beautiful. And not just pretty but, um, smart and kind hearted. And if I were a LOT younger, I would marry you. And we would have chubby little freckle-faced kids. We'd laugh all day long, go camping, tell ghost stories by the fire.
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, this thread is a level of creepy only the players of Glitch can attain.
  • this thread is so bizarrely delicious.
    Posted 12 years ago by Clockwork Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Because nothing says "potential for long-lasting happiness" like a proposal of marriage in the public forum of an MMO from a self-described crazy-and-impulsive total stranger.

Suddenly I'm no longer aspiring to be the visionary founder of an internet company.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AHAHAHAHAHA! My new favorite thread!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just wait for my Marriage proposal to Jade <3 :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Marcm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh my....scary!! 

And also, what about the other people that made the game " We are now around thirty, plus assorted artists from all over the world". How neglected must they feel! Poor folks!
    Posted 12 years ago by hoppy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm .. can any of the other devs give out SB-1 blocks?  (I won't wait forever Stoot ;))
    Posted 12 years ago by Reni's Mum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is seriously creepy.  [Comment edited by staff.]
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey wow this is so sweet omigosh!  ^_^
    Can you imagine the stories they'd tell their grandkids if this works out?  lol...

Don't knock crazy random internet proposals.  I met my husband via Craigslist and it was love at first sight.  Or rather, reading.  <3
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Barfield is the new Casanova!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kul Koba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well.  

Are we all invited to the wedding?  Where are you registered?
    Posted 12 years ago by whimpypotato Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *hands Stoot a hairball essence* ..... RUN!
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Serra has gotten a new achievement, but I don't think there's a badge for it on Glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mablem Tiipot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ♫ Btw, This moment needs a SONG. ♫ :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kul Koba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lucille Ball, calling out another player in the forums  is expressly forbidden in the Community Guidelines.  Perhaps it would be better if you removed the personal information about their behavior on another website and your opinion of it.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Popcorn, anyone? Looks like the Drama Llama just stopped by.

(Seriously, I agree with WindBorn. That's highly inappropriate information to post on the forums. Regardless of the rules specifically admonishing that, it's a dick move. Judge this topic for what it is. But dragging someone's personal info from another site into the mix and using that against them just makes YOU look bad.)
  • Ok this thread is very creepy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, a one-liner is one thing, but this is just creepy.
    Posted 12 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  Moving this thread to Off Topic as it seems not to be ... quite about the game.
    Posted 12 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What was the profile of mine that was linked to?  Hopefully it wasn't something that was a million years old and was current instead.  My Google+, Twitter, and personal blog are all on my profile, so if it was something else then it's hard to say what it was or when it was posted!

Either way, I'm not creepy really!  A person has to be bold and make grand gestures to get what they want!  Don't be afraid to live your life the way you want to and take chances!  If things don't work out, then the most he can say is no!  If you don't take a chance in life, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff!  And something that one person thinks is creepy can be considered very romantic by another.  :)
  • I don't mean to question your boldness but don't people go on dates BEFORE they request marriage lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Vinchon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wouldn't even worry about it, Serra. The comment has been edited for a reason. No need to pursue it. If you're worried about privacy stuff and want more info in THAT respect, feel free to IM me in game. Staff is aware and has taken action to remove the posted info.
  • "And something that one person thinks is creepy can be considered very romantic by another."

This is the justification used by every stalker on the planet.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • que serra, serra...
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Stoot,

You should marry me because you're Canadian, I'm British-educated (so no fights about the 'u' in some words). I speak Thai, so I'm exotic. And I make a mean awesome stew... OK, not really.
    Much more love,
    Rammi

EDIT: Now proposing marriage to Blanky! Sorry, Stoot.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rammi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dear Stoot,
    I wrestled all night, while watching you sleep, with the chasm between what I knew was right, moral, ethical, and what I wanted. I knew that if I continued to ignore you as I should, or if I left for a few years, till you were gone, that someday you would say yes to Serra, or someone like her. It made me angry.
    Posted 12 years ago by Effigy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Effigy! *cleans tea off of keyboard* Oh my god, that is....just.......holy crap, I think YOU should marry ME. 

(We will not tell my nice new husband, and even if we did, he'd approve of anyone who writes such things about sparkly vampires.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bet this was Stoot's plan all along.

Make glitches, get bitches. ;)
    Posted 12 years ago by Navocado Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL Navocado XD
    Posted 12 years ago by Ebiler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Navocado lol, not everyone's mark z
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2