Topic

Come join Civility (Group based on community, cooperation and fun)

“We Fart Rainbows!”
             ~Pippa

Civility: the act of showing regard for others
We are a group dedicated to working cooperatively instead of competitively; to sharing amongst our membership; to maintaining certain standards of behavior with all Glitch interactions; and to making more fun for ourselves and others by positive, supportive actions.

We keep a fun, active chat channel open at all times. We  have scheduled and spontaneous events designed to engage our members and other players. We maintain a Civility Route that encourages others to participate in resource collection, restoration projects and iMG donation.

And we do it all in a spirit of Empathy,  Non-discrimination and Mutual respect!

Civility's Core Values:
~   We will be friendly, caring, like-minded folk. We do not condone rude, mean, or selfish behavior. Trolls and griefers will be expelled from Civility.

~   Unity is key: we do our best to foster group community feeling and spread that to the greater community of Ur.

~   Pre-emptively “pay it forward”! Be pro-active in helping others and they will in turn help you.

~   What goes around comes around, or else it stops.

~   Be completely ethical in your interactions with all, both in-group and across Ur.
Practice mutual respect for all. This includes tolerance for differences of all kinds: from differences of opinion to differences in color, creed, gender, or orientation.

~   Take all forms of hate speech elsewhere! We will not accept the following in Civility: Racism, Xenophobia, Sexual Prejudice (against men/women/LGBT), Disability Discrimination, Bigotry, Harassment, Slander and Abuse of any kind.

~   Generosity is a gift, both to the giver and the receiver: do not abuse the generosity of others but offer yours first.

Membership

~  At this time, membership is subject to approval. A recommendation of you by one of our current members helps but is not a deciding factor on its own. Either request for membership after you read this document carefully OR message Bachjess♫♫♪ in game or send a mail via the website or butler.

~  All new members will be on probation for 2 weeks. At this time, we ask that you be active in our group chat channel or if they prefer through IM'ed conversations with Bachjess♫♫♪ so we get to know each other better and ensure a fit for both parties. Also, keep abreast of our discussion threads and comment in them if you wish. The introductions thread is a good start.

Consequences Policy
~   Members who fail in some application of our core values will be subject to our 3-strike system:

Strike 1:   IM'ed warning in-game from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 2:   Written warning (via note) from one of our Leadership Team
Strike 3:   Meeting with Leadership and Removal from the group

Link to Civility Group Page

Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • blockoftextwat
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoops. Darn formatting epic fail. Thanks for pointing that out :)
  • I'm very interested, invite when ready :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brilliant, Thanks Ms Sparklz :) Invite coming through now :)
  • ty and hope many others join...nice potential for a fun and helpful group :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh how fantastic!! May I please have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing, diaveborn *hugs* and thanks and thanks too Ms Sparklz :D
    Cheers,

Bachjess
  • I just want to take this moment to point out that Glitches scratch their bums in public. Not very civilized.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bachjess, sounds like a very cool group.  Please do invite me!
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol zooooo. Hmm I've not really seen that. I'd have to look harder. Deathly, thanks for your interest. *hugs* one invite coming right up. :D
    Cheers all,

Bachjess
  • Thanks for the invite!!
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll sign up!
    Posted 12 years ago by Spirit of Xanadhi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea, and would welcome an invite. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by laur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • please don't tell me you haven't noticed yourself scratching yer bum while waiting to do something?
    Posted 12 years ago by Zooo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome Thanks Xanadhi and laur :D Coming right up *hugs*. And no, Zooo, I haven't , guess I should look more closely lol :)

Bachjess
  • Thou art GOD, or at least Thou art Giant.

This sounds awesome. I would welcome an invite anytime.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lupicek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing, Lupicek :D Coming right up *hugs* and Cheers :D Uh and who's God or Giant? lol

Bachjess
  • I'd love to be a part of this group! 
    I love the concept. Maybe it will spread throughout the whole game!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tricia McMillan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Tricia. *hugs* Invite coming right up :) Cheers too, Bachjess
  • Updated to show how active Civil Glitchian are. Have a great day. Hugs and cheers,

Bachjess
  • I'd love to join!
    Posted 12 years ago by Cadmium Blue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome, thanks the Countess. My silly computer has a terribly long update download and I will try to add you with my iPad. Wanted to say too, Countess, what you did for a fellow Glitchian in another post makes us so happy that you're interested in our little group. And honored too, I might add. Folks who want to do good in the world- Glitch and the other one, are rare indeed. Welcome! Hugs
  • What a lovely idea! I'd love to join if you're still looking for members :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mogen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing, Mogen, one invite coming right up. Yay iPad actually let's me add Glitchian. Woohooo!!! Hugs
  • Me gusta, invite-o. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to join but only if you can set aside one day a week for rudeness and bickering. It's best to get that stuff out of your system on a regular basis.
    Posted 12 years ago by Frotzenjammer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome and brilliant and goody goody pork chops. Here you go, one invite coming right up. Sigh wish I could get in game right now, hugs and cheers
  • Here, here...
    Posted 12 years ago by Branfowl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wasn't sure but sounds like you were interested in Civ, so here's an invite Hugs and cheers
  • @ Bachjess: Aww thanks :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Cadmium Blue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just wanted to say thanks to all Civil Glitchen who have taken the plunge with our new little group family home thus far. You all Rock!!!! *hugs* Also, welcome to our newest Groupies. Space for more, if you like what we stand for. Woohoo *hugs* and Cheers, The Jess who is a Bach aka Bachjess :D
  • I have just joined this group, and it has been a very pleasant and friendly experience! If you like a smaller group involving more intimate conversations with people, you will like Civility. It's especially nice if you feel Global Chat is a bit too noisy for your comfort zone. Join, play nice and have fun! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Laerwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • invite, please? :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kinkajou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and for me also. thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lorikeet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw, thanks a bunch Laerwen. Hugs. What wonderful words which we treasure very much. So happy to have you and everyone who has joined us so far. Just like to add that many of our members are in other community oriented groups too, all brilliant in enhancing our communal game experience.

Kinkajou, I should be asleep but alas the sandman cometh not with his sleepy dust, nor does Morpheus come when beckoned. As a result, one invite coming right up.

Cheers all :D
  • Sure thing too Lorikeet. Welcome all hugs and cheers
  • Invites have gone out to all who have requested them. Check us out if you're a Glass of butterfly milk is half full Glitchen type who wants to share their last glass with other Glitchen should there be no more butterfly milk. :D Cheers & *Hugs* all :)
  • I want to join this group! Sounds great and interesting! Invite please!
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brilliant, Thanks Chris :) One invite heading your way now 8) *hugs* & Cheers :)
  • I'd like to join!
    Posted 12 years ago by crowdedsky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sure thing, Crowdedsky. Thanks for your reply. Coming right up. Welcome all- Cheers & Hugs :D
  • Thanks Bachjess, see you in Ur
    Posted 12 years ago by crowdedsky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cheers crowdedky, see you in Ur too. Have a great day :D
  • Typo lol, sorry for the misspelling: Cheers crowdedsky I meant lol. Incidentally when I first read it, i thought your name had something to do with crows :D
  • I'd like to join! May I have an invite?
    Posted 12 years ago by CleverCharacterName Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Invite, please?
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw thanks CleveCharacterName adn Aliera e'Keron- Both great names. Invites coming right up :D Cheers and *hugs* :D
  • I never post in groups here but I never turn down invites or complain about invite-spam.   I just join as an act of civility.
    Posted 12 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya Treesa, pardon me, lack of food and sleep, but my brain cells have mostly departed. Would you like an invite, it sounds like you would but I'm not entirely sure. Oh food and sleep where art thou? Cheers and *hugs* :D
  • Please send an invite. Thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Mars Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6