Topic

seriousroutes.com

This thread is an avenue for general discussion, feedback, and other talk related to seriousroutes.com. Serious Routes are high-density resource routes for serious resource gathering. 

The minimum requirement to join is 12 resources of the route type (or 36 for jellisac and barnacles). To join a route, please contact its curator via in-game IM or glitchmail.

Thanks for all the support, and happy harvesting :)

Posted 12 years ago by tis Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• How do I join a route? I have LOTS of places to plant any kind of tree...(except I dont like egg trees...) so just tell me what you need, I'll do it!!
    Posted 12 years ago by gracerigney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All you need to do is contact the curator of the route you would like to join via IM or Glitch-mail and they will give you further instructions :)
  • Any interest in a Serious Herbs route?

Posted 12 years ago by Subscriber! | Permalink
  • New route! SERIOUS HERBS :D
  • Just posting here so that this thread shows up on my discussions :) 

As well just to post a reminder,

the Jellisacs route requires 12 *mounds* which is 36 *clumps* total. If you want to join the route add the first player on the list (the name furthest to the left on the website, or bottom on the signpost on my street), and then message me.

Thanks bros.
    Posted 12 years ago by Helvete Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looking for a second person to start a Dirt Pile route.  I've already set up my yard (minus 2-3 plots coming soon) just need someone else to link to!

Edit: 12 is the minimum number of dirt piles required to be on the route, obviously the closer you can get to the max (19) the better.
    Posted 12 years ago by Chee42 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to start Serious Hives (fireflies).  12 minimum.  Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by Whitley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to start a serious Wood Route. Let me know!!
    Posted 12 years ago by gracerigney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am on the MERL for peat and I would like to join here as well for peat.
    Posted 12 years ago by Frotzenjammer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hmmm no firefly route...
    Posted 12 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can we talk about serious herbs for a minute?

I noticed that the curator has designated plots for each kind of herb and is requesting only that kind of herb be planted there.  While I find it quite inconvenient to juggle 7 types of herb seeds when doing the route, I tried to respect their wishes.  So, there i was, painstakingly selecting the right herb seed each time the dialog box came up, when someone else just pops in, harvests everything, and then quickly replants whatever they happen to have seed-wise (even tho its in the "wrong" place).  Kinda sucks for me.

Would it be possible to rethink the designated plots?  
    Posted 12 years ago by Soupie♨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Serious beans dude (wuilyl) hasn't been online in a week. I've a tree full of beans - any ideas how to get on the list?
    Posted 12 years ago by chicgeek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to be on the serious bean route any ideas how i can get on there?
    Posted 12 years ago by Penelope Garcia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yay, he contacted me this morning.  Disregard my whinge.

Penelope: send a message to wuilyl.
    Posted 12 years ago by chicgeek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had a serious dullite route for quite a while... and is not listed.  If anyone needs to stop by, I have 21 rocks available for mining .. There is not even a category for it in seriousroutes.com   

Oh well
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to help start a serious wood route
    Posted 12 years ago by Hayden Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why is this thread here and not in general? I thought you had disappeared. Thanks for everything.
    Posted 12 years ago by WhereIsTheCandy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @NiceDayToday: The devs moved it here from general.
    Posted 12 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dulite route would be great!
    Posted 12 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any way to list people on a route? Maybe there is and I have missed it. Not everyone leaves a note pole of gnome message. I have tried to do serious herbs and seem to get lost after only a few stops. :)

edit ok my mistake i see naes after the route. there are only 3 so far no wonder i was getting lost. :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can we get in a serious crop route? Maybe wih like a minimum of 100 crop plots? I will curate if you want. Also can someone invite me to the group? I'm in max groups at the moment
    Posted 12 years ago by Maxy Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, I'm now looking for people with over 90 crop plots to join Serious Crops. We will use the bootom signpost for this so that it doesn't collide with the normal crop route on the HRR.
    Posted 12 years ago by Maxy Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this should not die.
  • Can anyone harvest from these routes or do you have to be a part of the route to harvest?  I am just starting so I don't have alot to offer but would not mind helping out later after I level up some.
    Posted 12 years ago by BanjoJay Subscriber! | Permalink
  • anyone can harvest :)
    Posted 12 years ago by M<3tra, obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Banjo!  As M<3tra says, anyone can harvest.  The routes started up as a way for people to provide easy-to-gather resources to the community at large.

I feel that any Glitch has a lot to offer to the game :) Even if you're not wealthy in currants or resources you can spread happiness and positive influences where you go.  There are also things like mining a rock to completion, petting wood trees, not leaving un-hoed plots, etc, that may not take a huge effort but can make home street owners smile. :)

As a Glitch whose home street is part of some routes, I am SO glad you found the thread and I hope you have a wonderful time on the routes and elsewhere :)
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I noticed there's no Serious Dullite route. As dull as it might sound, I'd love to start that up. Let me know who to talk to and if anyone is interested in joining. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ss Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @diaveborn

Hi! I read your post about doing things for home street owners. I've been doing that (watering/petting trees, feeding/petting piggies, etc.) but I didn't know if I was helping or not. I'm still a newbie, but it just seemed the right thing to do. Hopefully, what I've been doing is helpful.

I didn't know about uh-hoed plots, tho'. I'll be on the look out for them. Same thing goes for mining a rock to completion once I get some mining skills.

:)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aw, thanks for the reply! Always neat to hear someone is trying to bring awesomeness to their interactions with others (face to face or via home streets)!

And of course doing things on the home streets gives img to the street owner, that they can collect through their magic rock on top of their base img, so that's another way that you're making others smile! :)
  • Yes! Just today I put two and two together, and realized that if the Magic Rock told ME every morning the thing about visitors and iMG, then it was telling the same thing to everybody else as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ann DramaDuh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Visit Dulite route for fresh Dulite! 54 rocks!
  • I have 14 Gas plants, ready to join the Serious Gas, route.
    Posted 12 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you haven't checked out seriousroutes.com lately, here's a rundown of all the changes in the past month or so:

- The starting point of each route is now randomized on page load. For brevity's sake, only three lines of each route are shown by default, but the rest is just a "show all" away.

- Clicking on a name will now TP you directly to that player's home street! (You can still view their location page by clicking on the resource count / info icon next to their name.) Why walk back to the signpost when you can just click on the next name? Already-clicked streets will be crossed out to help you keep track... until you refresh the page, anyway. 

- You can now narrow down the streets that are displayed by how many resources they have, as indicated by the color of their name: just enough to meet the requirement (the default setting), a bit more, or a lot more! This also means that streets that fall below the minimum (12 for most resources, 36 for jellisac/barnacles) will be hidden by default.

- Mobile-friendly layout! Navigate the routes with your smartphone or tablet while you harvest on your computer. Great for those who want to travel by TP but don't have screen space to spare.

And we're not done yet! Stay tuned for even more updates :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad I found this!  I have been confused about why i am listed on serious bean on the Glitch Routes page, but not seriousroutes.com.  I hope the route gets a new curator soon, I am on but not on the route... odd. XD  I think the confusion comes from the Glitch Resources page telling you you are on the route, where here it is made clear that to join a Serious Route, you have to go through the curator.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ishtar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • beautiful website, glitchen. works like a charm, i love it.
    Posted 12 years ago by vorbis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was just wondering, where are the animal routes?
    Posted 12 years ago by Yiechang Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there a new curator for the bean route yet?
    Posted 12 years ago by Ishtar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ Shepherdmoon is our new Beans curator, and you've already been added to the route :)
  • Miyoko on serious jellies isn't able to be accessed - I checked the info button and glitch.com can't find the page (not sure if it's a temporary problem or not)
  • Looks like the code is wrong. It's the home street location + player code URL instead of the home street location one.
    Posted 12 years ago by Alcie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ Thanks for the heads up, Miyoko's link has been fixed!
  • Where can I find a list of the appropriate curator for routes? I have 15 fruit trees on my street available to the public.
    Posted 12 years ago by Faoirún Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faoirun! On the site, next to each route you will see a ' + '. If you hover over it, it will show you the curator of each route. If you click on it, it brings you to their profile!
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink