Topic

Community Kitchen Vegan Cafe - Food Donation Lottery [Prize Drawing Complete]

UPDATE - August 3

The prize drawing was held today and the winners are:

Prize #1 -- Sonnys
Prize #2 -- Flowerry Pott
Prize #3 -- Starless

I made a video of the prize drawing and I will post a link to it after I've got it uploaded. Thanks again to all who participated!

-----------------------------------------------
The Vegan Cafe is a cooperative venture in which a restaurant operated by the Community Kitchen has been set up in the Farm and Garden Coop. All proceeds from sales in this restaurant will go to support the work of the Community Kitchen group.

To celebrate the opening of the Vegan Cafe, I'm holding a lottery which players can enter by donating vegan food from the list provided below. There will be drawing for three prizes, and which prize drawing you qualify for will depend on the favor value of your donation:

Prize #1 -- now 20* Diamonds +50 credits of upgrades -- Requires a donation with favor value of 100 or more

Prize #2 --  now 16* Moonstones +25 credits of upgrades  -- Requires a donation with favor value of 50 - 99

Prize #3 --  now 12* Ambers +5 credits of upgrades -- Requires a donation with favor value of 10 - 49

*Higher numbers will be awarded because over 10 people are eligible for each prize.

UPDATE re Prize Drawing

The prize drawing will start with Prize 1, and except for the winner of that prize, everyone who was eligible for Prize 1 also will be eligible for Prize 2. After Prize 2, everyone who was eligible for Prize 2, except the winner of that prize, also will be eligible for Prize 3. I apologize if this was not clear in my original post.

CONTEST RULES

1. All donations must be sent by Glitch mail to me, Splendora. I need you to do this so I can keep track of who enters.  If you give me food in-person or leave it with my butler, that won't count.

2. You can enter only once. The total value of all eligible donations you make during the contest period will determine your prize drawing category.

2. Donations must be food or drink items from the list below. (If you want to donate something else to the Community Kitchen, that will be much appreciated, but it will not count for this contest.)

3. Contest ends on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at midnight PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). Your donation must be made before then.

After the contest ends, I'll post a list of people who are entered in each category and allow 24 hours for verification. After that, the winners will be chosen by random drawing. Winners will be notified by mail as well as listed in this forum thread.

Below is a chart listing the vegan food and drink items acceptable as donations. For your convenience, I've also listed the Street Price for each item, along with the number of each item required to reach favor values of 10, 50, and 100.

FAVOR VALUES
Food/Drink Item...........Street Price.......10.......50........100
Bubble Tea.................................172.........1..........3..........6
Exotic Juice.................................54.........2..........9.........19
Fruity Juice..................................24.........4.........21........42
Lemon Juice.................................39.........3.........13........26
Mega Healthy Veggie Juice...........46.........2.........11........22
Orange Juice................................39.........3.........13........26

Applejack.....................................25.........4.........20........40
Berry Bowl...................................46.........2.........11........22
Big Salad.....................................58.........2..........9.........17
Choice Crudites...........................42.........2.........12.........24
Cloudberry Jam...........................39.........3.........13.........26
Common Crudites........................33.........3.........15.........30
Exotic Fruit Salad.........................33.........3.........15.........30
Fruit Salad...................................29.........3.........17.........34
Hot n Fizzy Sauce........................42.........2.........12.........24
Pickles.........................................21.........5.........24.........48
Proper Rice..................................26.........4.........19.........38
Simple Slaw..................................27.........4..........9.........37
Spinach Salad..............................18..........6.........28........56
Super Veggie Kabobs....................58.........2..........9.........17
Yummy Gruel..............................134.........1..........4...........7

If you want to visit the Vegan Cafe, go the Floor 4 of the Farm and Garden Coop on WindBorn's Home Street.

UPDATE:
Thanks to generous donations from Enid, WalruZ and and two anonymous players, the winners may now get quadruple the original prize offering, as well as credit upgrades.

Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I don't like to bump my own threads.  So if you want to help keep this thread visible during the contest, you might make comments from time to time -- e.g. food facts, food jokes, etc.
  • I have a Microsoft waiter... 

Patron: Waiter!

Waiter: Hi, my name is Bill, and I'll be your Support Waiter. What seems to be the problem?

Patron: There's a fly in my soup!

Waiter: Try again, maybe the fly won't be there this time.

Patron: No, it's still there.

Waiter: Maybe it's the way you're using the soup; try eating it with a fork instead.

Patron: Even when I use the fork, the fly is still there.

Waiter: Maybe the soup is incompatible with the bowl; what kind of bowl are you using?

Patron: A SOUP bowl!

Waiter: Hmmm, that should work. Maybe it's a configuration problem; how was the bowl set up?

Patron: You brought it to me on a saucer; what has that to do with the fly in my soup?!

Waiter: Can you remember everything you did before you noticed the fly in your soup?

Patron: I sat down and ordered the Soup of the Day!

Waiter: Have you considered upgrading to the latest Soup of the Day?

Patron: You have more than one Soup of the Day each day?

Waiter: Yes, the Soup of the Day is changed every hour.

Patron: Well, what is the Soup of the Day now?

Waiter: The current Soup of the Day is tomato.

Patron: Fine. Bring me the tomato soup, and the check. I'm running late now.

[Waiter leaves and returns with another bowl of soup and the check]

Waiter: Here you are, Sir. The soup and your check.

Patron: This is potato soup.

Waiter: Yes, the tomato soup wasn't ready yet.

Patron: Well, I'm so hungry now, I'll eat anything.

[The waiter leaves.]

Patron: Waiter! There's a gnat in my soup!

The check: 
     Soup of the Day . . . . . . . . . . $5.00 
     Upgrade to newer Soup of the Day. . $2.50 
     Access to support . . . . . . . . . $1.00
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea. 

((I don't know any jokes))
    Posted 12 years ago by Enid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to a generous donation by Enid, prizes have been doubled!
  • Shamelessly bumping this topic. (Sorry, I don't have a food joke although I am cooking dinner while browsing the forums - does that count?) :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Vegan Cafe? In Glitch? Really?

Excuse me while I go eat some bacon and laugh.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kerlick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kerlick what is your problem? it's not hurting you. wtf. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Tundra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • why is fortifying gruel not vegan? 
  • @Tundra: The Vegan Cafe is already serving Yummy Gruel and didn't want to overdo the gruels. A little too much of an "Oliver Twist" vibe, lol.
  • oh I see.
  • BTW i donated food and some currants because I like the Idea. :3
  • I entered the lottery! I donated 40 spinach salads, 10 hot sauces, and 10 proper rices.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to a generous donation by WalruZ, prizes have been tripled provided there are at least 10 people entering in a prize category.

Also, it was suggested that I change the title to include mention of Community Kitchen, so I have done that.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. And to those who are wondering "why vegan?"

1. It seemed like a fun idea to have a theme.
    2. Limiting the number of different ingredients required makes it easier for us to keep the restaurant supplied.
    3. Why not vegan?
  • Hey, if you can't cook, you can go to the Vegan Cafe and buy some food and then donate it back!  Better hurry though, because when the food runs out it won't be replaced until the next day.

UPDATE: I should also add that, for items that sell out within 24 hours, we will be increasing the price by 5% each day until we reach a stable equilibrium -- another reason to hurry.

And here's a new toaster joke:

If Tiny Speck made toasters, you would get one perfect slice of toast with 15 kinds of jam, all for free, with more toast and jam coming *soon.*
  • Yay!  I'm vegetarian RL so I'm always excited when Glitchens eat veggie-friendly.

I have no food jokes that aren't highly, highly inappropriate for a public forum, but I bring this offering:  the two-ingredient cookie recipe.  Vegan, too!  http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about Raw Bio-Organic Carobish Treats?

...or do they not count, because guano comes from an animal?? hahaha...
    Posted 12 years ago by Miss Portinari Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I sent some simple slaw and some exotic fruit salad.  Great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sonnys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder...   Can vegetarians eat animal crackers? : 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just a quick reminder: this contest will end on Tuesday 7/31/12 at midnight PDT. And a big thank-you to all who have entered so far. Here's hoping for many more entries! :D
  • on my way to see my tea server jade ( my butleress) - and send you 38 proper rice ( of course ) . thanks ; )
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • UPDATE re Prize Drawing (also added to OP)

The prize drawing will start with Prize 1, and except for the winner of that prize, everyone who was eligible for Prize 1 also will be eligible for Prize 2. After Prize 2, everyone who was eligible for Prize 2, except the winner of that prize, also will be eligible for Prize 3. I apologize if this was not clear in my original post.

Thanks to all those who have entered so far!
  • There were 19 people who donated food during the contest period, but three of them have asked to be excluded from the contest. That leaves 16 entrants, all of whom made donations with a total favor value of 100 or more. Here's the list:

Annelie
    Annuska
    Britt_39
    chaosakita
    Dartha
    Enid
    Flowerry Pott
    gracerigney
    Keiki
    Klonkenstein
    Miss Portinari
    Pale Queen
    serenitycat
    Sonnys
    Starless
    Tundra

I will allow 24 hours for people to verify this list.  If any of the unlisted donors change their mind and want to be included in the prize drawing, please let me know.

The prize drawing will happen sometime after 10:00 am PDT (i.e. San Francisco time) on August 2.
  • I'm ready to do the prize drawing, but I want to do this in-game and capture the event in snapshots or video.  I need at least one helper for this to make sense, so I'm asking for volunteers. It doesn't matter whether the helper(s) have entered the contest or not. I'd like to hold the prize drawing in my tower at Noon PDT on Friday, August 3. I don't think this will take longer than 15 minutes.

Here's how it will work:

1. I will have a set of 16 SDBs, each holding a note with the name of one contestant.  I plan to put these notes into the boxes in random order and assign each box a number between 1 and 16. 

2. A helper will pick a number between 1 and 16.  I will then take the note for that number out of the box and announce the winner for Prize 1.  

3. We'll follow the same basic process for Prizes 2 and 3.

********************************************************************************
    *  Please send me mail or IM me if you are willing to be a helper.  
    ********************************************************************************
  • The prize drawing was held today and the winners are:

Prize #1 -- Sonnys
    Prize #2 -- Flowerry Pott
    Prize #3 -- Starless

Thanks to Flowerry Pott, cheese danish king, and WindBorn for helping with the drawing. I made a video of this event and I will post a link to it after I've got it uploaded. 

Thanks again to all who participated!
  • Congrats to the winners!
    Posted 12 years ago by Enid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the contest, it was fun :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Annelie Subscriber! | Permalink