Topic

The Shiny Object That Was a Dirty Fork: Grand premiere today, w second show at 9 p.m. Boston time

The setting: Glitch's most elegant restaurant, Le Champs De Barre. On a shelf above the elegantly set table, one can see many trophies won by the restaurant's famous chef. Two pillars to the left of stage conceal the restaurant's entrance. Two pillars to the right of the stage conceal the door to the kitchen.

And then ....

You know you want to be here and not to MISS it! Our opening show is set for 1 p.m. Boston time (new day 3rd of Remember) and our sterling cast includes some or all of Varaeth, The Sunset, the Great Zaven, Scarlett Bearsdale, PANsy, Palindrome, GummyBear, Enjah, Emerena, Charliesmom and (if disaster should strike us) me Vocable. 

Come to my street, make yourself comfortable in the elegant theatre bar on Floor 7 of the Purple Palace of Pleasure and cam up to Floor 8 to watch the show. If you are too young to Eyeball (or sit in the bar) you are welcome to hide behind pillars next to the stage.)

That time again is 1 p.m. Sunday in Boston, 6 p.m. Sunday in England, 10 a.m. Pacific time, etc. etc.

PPLAY wants to thank our wonderful show team, and also a few generous patrons of the arts who have offered us encouragement and funding, including Zooo and JustPeace, and Osprey who hosted our preview (short version of play) at her wonderful limerick event. 

ETA We will do a second show, by popular demand, at  9 p.m. Sunday in Boston, 6 p.m. Pacific time, 2 a.m. Monday in England, etc. etc. Thanks to everybody who was part of the first show!

Posted 12 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Break lots of legs friends! Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the opening performance (ironically for a RL play I'm in) but am sure you'll be amazing. Can't wait till the next one!
    Posted 12 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Avery, I have the same issue.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Sunset Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much, Avery and a million huggies! You too, TS, and thanks for helping rehearse your understudy who is going to shine in the early show. No idea why more Head Waiters don't wear Egyptian headdress!

I have been posting a bunch of update photos but this one shows the setup pretty well:
    www.glitch.com/snaps/PHFI3E...

ETA Varaeth's fine video of the preview show at Osprey's tower is here: http://youtu.be/dYPCAxn4YyM
  • Looks awesome, I'll be there!
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'll hide behind the pillars again, the "camera mode" overlay can be annoying^^
    Maybe it should disappear after some time -> ideas forum?
    Btw "Le Champs De Barre" doesn't really mean anything elegant if that's supposed to be in french :p
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Le Champs de Barre = The Field of Bar or as ze Engleesh might pronounce it, Barfield.

Sooo -- it is elegant enough for us PPLAYers :-)
  • Break a leg to all involved, I hope it goes marvellously! I would love to be there, but alas, for the next couple of days at least, glitching has had to give way to real life. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Loki Laufeyson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Vocable oh I totally didn't make the connection with Sir Barfield
    "Le Champ de Beurre" wouldn't be bad either :p
    Anyway you probably want to write "Champ" for a single field :]
    Posted 12 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well done all! Marvelous!
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lem.to/p/ySc8
    Thank you to all who were a part of the team! I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into this fantastic show :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sharmy Knope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Standing O for the actors and crew

Death of a Restaurant Manager
    Posted 12 years ago by Von B Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing show! BRAVO! here's some pics :) Anyone who missed it won't want to miss the next showing!!!
    pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3
    pic 4
    pic 5
    pic 6
    Posted 12 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A cast picture!

www.glitch.com/snaps/PHF6RR...
    Posted 12 years ago by Festeus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wonderful job, huge applause to all!
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks so much to all who came, and to our wonderful show team (in anti-alphabetical order)

** Varaeth as The Manager With A Very Difficult Job
    ** the Great Zaven as Man (An archetypical role)
    ** Scarlett Bearsdale as The Waiter Named Fifi
    ** Palindrome as The Famous Chef
    ** GummyBear as Lady  (An archetypical role)
    ** Emerena as Host (A brilliant and complex role taken on at the very last moment)
    ** Charliesmom as The Head Waiter With Enormous Dignity Most Of The Time

Thanks also to PANsy, who has in rehearsals played nearly all of the roles in a pinch, and does so superbly every time. 

We plan an encore performance tonight at 9 p.m. with some switching about of roles, but once again everybody will be (of course) sublime. 
  • less than an hour! hope nobody is nervous, break a leg!
    Posted 12 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really, really sorry to miss this. Does anyone know how to create and post a video of such events?
    Posted 12 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I missed it again! Tell me the final version will be recorded at some point... or shown again. I didn't get what this was based upon till watching Var's preview recording. Good stuff!
    Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We would love to find somebody who could do a full-play recording. That person might even get a PPLAY title like Immortalizator of the Arts ...
  • Remember the recording software TS mentioned? It's a link floating somewhere in the forums...SOMEWHERE...in a staff post~

EDIT: HERE! http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/23001/ Screen-o-matic! Now maybe if there was another performance...
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww bummed I missed this. =[

Encore, encore!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by le beebs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just want to tip a hat to the (slightly changed) cast of our 9 p.m. show:

** Varaeth as The Manager With A Very Difficult Job
    ** the Great Zaven as Man (An archetypical role)
    ** Scarlett Bearsdale as The Waiter Named Fifi
    ** Thalion as The Famous Chef (with less than an hour's rehearsal, super good job!)
    ** Emerena as Lady  (An archetypical role)
    ** GummyBear as Host (A brilliant and complex role, once again taken on at the very last moment)
    ** The Sunset as The Head Waiter With Enormous Dignity Most Of The Time

Amazingly we got an audience of more than 40 for the evening show, after getting 50+ for the earlier premiere. Look out world, so many more fun things our group members are going to do, new show in the works, huggies and tryouts are soon!
  • I've been around online gaming and MMORPGs a long time, and I've seen a lot.  I've definitely stumbled unsuspectingly into groups of role-players, and I've quietly enjoyed being a voyeur to their fun now and again.  I've even listened to a song or two from a travelling hobbit funk band. 

But I've never seen an in-game acting troupe put on a performance.  Wonderful idea, and quite well done.  

Thanks to all involved for the show!
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink