Topic

Tokusatsu fan glitchen, Join the Kamen Rider club! Sentai fans welcome to!

I know you're out there! I know it! And if you're not, and you're curious, allow me to mentor you in the ways of the Kamen Rider!

Posted 12 years ago by Grupletruge Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• .............. tee hee
    Posted 12 years ago by oblivion5683 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Omg yes. Invite me please.

I'm new to this whole tokusatsu thing, but I'm loving Kamen Rider Decade.
    Posted 12 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omg if you like decade you should see ooo and w and fourze. and id be glad to have you in. just gotta clear it with the club president. 
    Posted 12 years ago by oblivion5683 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sloblivion, you're silly. There is no president, WE ARE RIDERS.
  • Oh and you're in! I'll invite you right now! Kamen rider is clawsome! Just Decade so far, or have you watched any sentai or other toku?
  • Ooooh if were riders then I call Kamen Rider Meteor
    Posted 12 years ago by Prototype_QZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know what any of those words mean.
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Papa Legba if you don't know what this stuff means then either find out and come back later or just don't say anything, this group is for fans of Kamen rider, Super Sentai, and other cool Tokusatsu.
  • This ain't a group. Its a public forum. I'm not posting this on the groups site. Maybe that was my way of asking for an explanation. 
  • Yeah, Quinn ,don't be so rude. (Sorry about him, he's young ad RUDE [And my little brother.]) To explain to you, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are part of a genre called Tokusatsu, which is the japanese word for special effects. The word is also used to describe japanese monster movies (Like Godzilla), and japanese superhero television, in this case we are talking about the superhero tv part. Kamen rider is a series of superhero shows about masked superheroes who generally receive their powers from a belt device that grants them magical or technological powers which they use to fight various monsters and villains. Super Sentai is what gets turned into power rangers over her, but the japanese originals ten to have a much more interesting tone with better acting, better visuals, and more interesting writing that doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator. So there it is in short. There are lots of other series in Tokusatsu, but these are the main 2 currently running series, I'd be happy to describe some of the others or give you more details, provide links, etc. I love Tokusatsu, and think everyone should give it a try!
  • Thanks for the explanation. I've heard of Super Sentai since I spend an afternoon on wikipedia reading about Power Rangers (they added it to Netflix instant last summer and I got really bored one day). I'd appreciate some links. 
  • I'm so sorry Papa Legba I didn't mean to come off as sounding rude I hope you can forgive me. y'know you cant express feelings with text.
  • www.jefusion.com ; This website has all the tokusatsu news, along with some video game and anime news.

krdl.info/ This website is where you can download pretty much all the different toku's, normally I'd suggest getting them straight from the source, but that's a bit tough right now.

www.kamen-rider.com/databas...; This site will tell you alot about all the past riders, but doesn't really have any info on the latest 2, fourze, which will end this month, and wizard, which will start next month.

www.supersentai.com/database/ Basically the same as the last one except for sentai instead. Again, it doesn't inform you of the most recent sentai, Tokumei sentai go-busters, which is currently about halfway through it's run.

Hope you find something interesting! If you'd like help deciding on a series to start with I'd be glad to help, some series are better than others, and they are all very different.